Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Summer Viewing; 2016
Topic Started: May 18 2016, 02:14 PM (1,637 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd love to see more. Slight preference to having Turturro star again than an all-new cast/total anthology scenario. I doubt Naz's story (or Box and Weiss pursuing the real killer) would continue, in any case.

Nothing is set, but I guess Richard Price and Steven Zallian are talking with HBO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Aug 31 2016, 06:10 PM
I loved the kid at the pound and his pained 'no' when John brought the cat back... Great final scene.
LOL ... When he took the cat back I was screaming 'No!!!' at the TV. Loved the final scene.

I could live with the kiss because she's young but the drugs ... nope. That was too stupid to comprehend.

I loved this show.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
And it was fun that Glenn Fishler (George Remus from Boardwalk Empire, the Spaghetti Monster in True Detective) was the judge...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've caught up with Mr. Robot over the last week... I'm still greatly impressed with it. Didn't sophomore slump for me, though I can see why some might have become tired with some of the narrative trickery...

Amused on Facebook - Gate has discovered Showtime's Shameless. I know I've talked about being a big fan in here a few times, and always have it listed as one of my two or three 'favorites' while it is airing (Crystal loved it, too, was with me for the first two-and-most-of-the-third seasons)... This calendar year is neat, because Homeland needed more time - even though S6 just ended in April, we get S7 in October, don't have to wait for the usual January start this time around...

Emmy Rossum... Mmmmmmmm....

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 4 2016, 02:03 PM
I've caught up with Mr. Robot over the last week... I'm still greatly impressed with it. Didn't sophomore slump for me, though I can see why some might have become tired with some of the narrative trickery...

Amused on Facebook - Gate has discovered Showtime's Shameless. I know I've talked about being a big fan in here a few times, and always have it listed as one of my two or three 'favorites' while it is airing (Crystal loved it, too, was with me for the first two-and-most-of-the-third seasons)... This calendar year is neat, because Homeland needed more time - even though S6 just ended in April, we get S7 in October, don't have to wait for the usual January start this time around...

Emmy Rossum... Mmmmmmmm....
So confused about Mr. Robot but still enjoying it. I need a cheat sheet at times.

LOVE Shameless. Not sure how I missed all your posts Dax ... my attention span is that of a mouse. :)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So how far in are you on Shameless? The first season was based pretty closely on the UK original (which I haven't seen), but deviates completely after it...

I've always loved William H. Macy and Joan Cusack.
Rossum is incredible.
The kids are great, and it's been fun to watch them grow up...
Jeremy Allen White (Lip) is a terrific actor... Haven't seen anything else he's been in yet, but I'd like to...
Emma Greenwell (Mandy #2) is a major hottie, though I also dearly love Jane Levy (who left for Suburgatory) before her.
Laura Wiggins (Karen) also super-cute...
Justin Chatwin (Steve/Jimmy) was Doug's son on Weeds, but only in the first and final episodes...
Noel Fisher (Mickey) is really good... Remember him on The Riches?

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 5 2016, 12:02 PM
So how far in are you on Shameless?
Just the first 4 of season 1. LOL ... Chris and I will be watching and I have to pause the show so we can figure out 'Where have we seen this person before'? So far I've had to google most of the cast when they look familiar and I just can't place the show they have done.

Really enjoying it. Can't wait for Ashley to start watching. She is marathoning The Heart of Dixie and has little time to listen to me about Shameless.

I still need to go back and watch Gilmore Girls so I'm caught up. There is never enough time.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gilmore Girls and Shameless are fun contrasts...

Ashley will like Shameless, yes.

I still haven't seen Rossum in the Phantom of the Opera movie, but need to, since I'm greatly in love and lust with her... She is married to Sam Esmail, the creator/director of Mr. Robot.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When I saw that NetFlix added another season of Shameless, I looked up the show and made a little mental note of it. Maybe I'll check out a couple episodes.

I'm still watching Mr Robot but mostly because I haven't totally given up on it, yet. I enjoy a scene here and there despite it being needlessly convoluted.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've saved all of Mr. Robot but haven't watched yet. I was supposed to marathon this weekend, but that fell by the wayside thanks to multiple crappy issues caused by others. Grrrr

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting. I'm not sure I'd be enjoying it more if I was watching it marathon-style. It's a possibility but I thought much of went on with Elliot felt more like show-runner over-indulgence that compelling story-telling. Then the biggest reveal, so far, made me groan so hard that I can see my disappointment seeping in to all the rest of the show now. It's like there's a bit of a romance that happens when I watch a show and once the show pisses me off all of the things I enjoyed before start to annoy me. Oh well.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Watched the first two episodes of Shameless. It's pretty easy to hate William H. Macy's character...until he meets Joan Cusack's character. I laughed through the in-a-towel-in-the-bathroom scene and the subsequent bedroom scene. Joan Cusack is great! I like the back-and-forth with Emmy Rossum and Justin Chatwin's characters, too. Sometimes I forget that Chatwin isn't Aaron Paul.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I couldn't handle Shameless because I hated the character too much. I just wanted to smack him or throw him out of the house or something. My husband thought he was revolting so that was that. Mr. Robot was just too confusing for me I don't like to work that hard to try to figure out a show. We just finished Murder in the First which was okay. Something happened to my recording device and I missed the last one of the tunnel and was really pissed off about that. Right now we have absolutely no TV shows we are watching just movies and streaming

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal
Sep 7 2016, 06:32 PM
I couldn't handle Shameless because I hated the character too much. I just wanted to smack him or throw him out of the house or something. My husband thought he was revolting so that was that.
He's a real piece of shit with seemingly no redeeming qualities. I wasn't sure if I'd watch another episode after the first but there's not much else on right now, so I decided to give it another try. By the end of the second episode I was endeared with the way the rest of the family works together despite the father's negligence. And Joan Cusack.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love Macy, but yes, Frank is irredeemable. I think his lowest point is early in Season 2...

But I love the show. I care about the rest of them, though most will do something awful to somebody they love at some point. They're very fucked up people.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love Macy as well but I just can't stand this character. We did watch too and I just thought of how I would throw the son-of-a-bitch out if he was my father. And I would. My husband has even less tolerance for worthless people than I do so if I had decided I wanted to watch the show it would have been one of those that I had on while I was cleaning or whatever and I just really don't have even that much time when I am doing that stuff.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They throw him out fairly often. Like a cockroach, he returns. Sometimes, they'll really, REALLY lock him out, but he's tunneled in, and... he's thoroughly awful and disgusting. Most of the time, everybody doesn't really care if he lives or dies, but... somehow, after a cooling-off period, they're giving him another chance that he really, totally, absolutely does not deserve...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · TV News & Misc. · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: