Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Person of Interest; Season 5
Topic Started: Apr 28 2016, 09:10 PM (722 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thank god for dvr series recording...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I loved it. :P Non stop tension and oppressive, omnipresent bigbrothering. That scene with Root on the train and the individualized targeting was, whoa. And not too far fetched either. See, that's why I do like it. it's actually not so very far away from reality, rather than 'out there' SF AFAIC.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pretty much general consensus on POI fanboards that S5 is kicking ass. I love the actual science that's working its way into the backstories, and love the moral dilemmas everyone is facing. So cool to have people discussing the great filter on TV fanboards. That's why I love the internet.

Spoilers thru 508 - ReAssortment

I do hope Fusco finds out what's what and doesn't die. Soooo glad Elias isn't really dead - I hope he has a big part in the end. I've resigned myself to John probably dying. Harold going dark is something I am looking forward to seeing, except everyone is expecting it will happen because something bad happens to Grace. :-(

I'm assuming they won't bring Shaw back just to kill Root so I expect they will have a "happy" ending, unless it's a Butch and Sundance finale.

I will miss this show a lot. I rewatched some of Mr. Robot and I've decided POI is much better, overall, because MR depends too much on shaky science and the unreliable narrator storytelling (which was fine in movie length with Fight Club) but we'll see how S2 works out. Nothing else on network/basic cable is as good as POI, imo.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spoilers for 509 and 510...

Okay, I guess I should know better than to get too effusive. I thought 509 was weak in some ways, especially the reunion with Shaw, and Fusco's enlightenment.

Both of those felt like times when GL would choke a major payoff. Sigh...

And 510 felt really weird, very manipulative. First, I did NOT like Elias' story. It seemed like much ado about nothing in the long run. Why bring him back for that? It seems like classic "fridging." http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StuffedIntoTheFridge see p. 3 & 4

I also didn't like the metaphysical discussion about the simulations vs reality. Not in the middle of a car chase. I can suspend disbelief but that was wacked out. Lots of SF books and shows have dealt with this idea without being so pedantic - I guess the writers thought the car-shoot-out would distract form the pedantry.

Also, I think they need to clarify a bit more exactly what Root is hoping will happen when/if Harold "lets the machine defend herself." I *think* I understand Harold's self imposed rules and why he has them, but this has always been a gray area.

Finally....this looks like the end of Root? Is it really a Butch and Sundance ending? The odds are rising for that...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah Whedonesque posters commented on that right away. Fred/Root each become "gods."

nd yes, Harold's big monologue was an awesome moment. When he echoes Root's line, "I wasn't talking to you".... chills.

there are some fans who really really liked the episodes and when i read their take on it, I do see there were lots of great things included, but the overall bad for me outweighed the good.
Edited by KMInfinity, Jun 7 2016, 04:49 PM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]

I agree #13 repeated some of #12, but some of that plot was intentional (I've read) and made sense to me because it was paralleling the way viruses work, by "adapting" and repetitively targeting and attacking. So the constant one-upmanship reflected the way, for example, you keep closing windows that keep opening on your desktop...sort of like when those pop up ads open faster and faster and more and more. Both Samaritan and The Machine were in survival mode - so imagine they were flies in your kitchen, and you are trying to kill them. The more you swat at them, the more they buzz around, just out of reach...

I was sad John died. For a minute I thought there would be a twist and it WOULD be Harold instead. I actually think that might have been better. Harold was always the geek who never wavered or changed compared to John, Root, Shaw, and Fusco. (He got dark at the end, and I loved John's comment to him... PP "You've changed. You're scary. I like it."

I do think having Harold with Grace sort of contradicted the reason he stayed away from her to begin with. The Machine is back, and it's his baby. Shaw and Fusco need him as the contact with her. imo.

Lots of good conversations.

More after I've read stuff.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply