Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Person of Interest; Season 5
Topic Started: Apr 28 2016, 09:10 PM (721 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay. This schedule is kinda complicated -

Tuesday, 5/3 - 1
Monday, 5/9 - 2
Tuesday, 5/10 - 3
Monday, 5/16 - 4
Tuesday, 5/17 - 5
Monday, 5/23 - 6
Tuesday, 5/24 - 7 & 8
Monday, 5/30 - 9
Tuesday, 5/31 - 10
Tuesday, 6/7 - 11
Tuesday, 6/14 - 12
Tuesday, 6/21 - 13, series finale.

Total of 103 - 23/22/23/22/13
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/87858/person-of-interest-bosses-talk-creative-freedom-in-the-final-season/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Premiere was okay.

Interested to see it out... Hope it concludes well.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shaw will be back, but I think it's six or seven in... Of course, that's not that far away, with the double-pumping...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
#6 - Hey, a That Guy Was On My Soap - Tom Wiggin (Kirk Anderson on ATWT) was the father of the bride... Recognized him right away, but wasn't positive 'til I heard his voice...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was glad Elias is still alive.

Yeah, don't blame Fusco for being so annoyed with the rest...

I'm interested to see how it all turns out - five left... I've still been a little bored or less impressed with some of the numbers-of-the-week, but I want to see Team Machine beat Samaritan and Greer...

I'm not sure anybody on our side will die (agree Grace would be a big catalyst for Finch to go darker, really let loose), because I kinda think they'll wanna leave it open for 'potentially more'. After losing Carter for real, Shaw for awhile, and having recently done fake-outs for Elias and Shaw's #4-shooting-of--John-and-Greer-before-the-reveal-of-what-the-title-meant, they don't HAVE to kill or 'kill' a good guy, I don't think - they've played those cards already....

Hope we see Zoe.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
9 - Just glad they finally told Fusco, and the Gang's Back Together moment at the end was alright...

10 - Very silly action, very silly script (I did like Emerson in his last big monologue, though).
Sorry to see Elias go.
Sorry to see Root go. (Whoops, that optimistic thinking that maybe none of them HAD to die...)

I immediately had the same thought Sepinwall did, that it's kinda funny that by closing out the series as the voice of The Machine, it's crazy similar to Acker's Fred and Illyria...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
My Dad especially griped about the 'suspension of disbelief' required for the action in #10... yeah, but... that IS kinda the show. More extreme and silly than usual, but we bought into it a long time ago...

I definitely don't agree with your earlier 'better than Mr. Robot' (or that POI is better than a lot of basic cable shows..). Even if you're taking away points for the Fight Club similarities... it's not like Dexter 6 where we were supposed to be shocked but we all knew weeks ahead of time and it just didn't work... here, we WERE supposed to be onto it, and then hey-there-IS-a-surprise, re: Darlene. I think it's a great show (and it's funny that I was considering not even bothering with it, but you pushed it...).

I like POI, but it's very much like a Batman comic book. That's not overly derogatory coming from me (I like Batman, and comic books), but you know what I mean? It's intelligent, but John and Shaw are superheroes, and most of the villains are big and broad. Yeah, there's deep and smart stuff in it, but there's been plenty of dumb stuff, too.

Emerson, though. Love him. Hope he's not off-screen long...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
#11 - Nice to hear The Machine and Harold having a conversation.

I wonder what voice Root used to hear via her cochlear implant (that we didn't get to hear)..

Fun to have ex-numbers reappear as assets... Have always wondered 'so... only NY irrelevant numbers are eligible for saving? What about outside of NY?'...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm fine with the ending, except #13 repeated a bunch of the same story beats that we'd just seen in 12... High stakes, but it always feels like they can cheat pre-existing rules and pull something else out, you know?... Viruses and back-ups and satellites and... So of course The Machine would return (and who's to say Samaritan couldn't also, really?)

Nice to see Harold reunite with Grace... Wouldn't have minded hearing some of that conversation...

Glad everybody survived (well, except John, but his story seemed the most finished...). The Machine really does seem to have more than just Root's voice, so it kinda feels like she's still 'there'...

If they ever get an opportunity to do more, I'd watch it, but I won't really 'root' for its return, either...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2016/06/person-of-interest-series-finale-post-mortem-reese-dies-follow-up-spinoffs-pilot-opening-jonah-nolan-1201776284/ Part 2

http://deadline.com/2016/06/person-of-interest-finale-jonah-nolan-interview-x-files-batman-taraji-p-henson-greg-plageman-1201775530/ Part 1

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It did seem like after ALL they went through and as IMPOSSIBLE as it was for Machine to win over Samaritan (the count on the simulations - ha!)... the end of 12 looked a little 'easy'.

Still felt repetitive, though, all the 'sacrifice' talk, and the frame story (can still work sometimes, but I'm kinda biased against them now, as it's overused... used to be fun on West Wing and Alias, but... not fun any more...), and Root's narration repeating (almost in full) several times... I didn't like that...

Machine calls Shaw. Harold may not know that she's back yet, when he goes to see Grace...

Shaw has Bear. Surprised he left Fusco with so small of a goodbye, though...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply