Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Americans; Season 4
Topic Started: Mar 14 2016, 11:48 AM (1,343 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes supposed to be more about the daughter. We'll see how that goes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought the show was off to a decent start. The longer I watch the more I feel bad for Stan and Martha. I can't recall why Philip is going to those est sessions. Pretty funny when Stan roughed him up in the meantime he has this bacterial weapon in his jacket. What they were saying about both sides continuing to work on bacterial weapons with absolutely true according to my microbiology professor.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
And I think Stan went because his wife was going right? I am old enough to remember EST. I pretty much thought it was bullshit even then

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Why is Elizabeth selling Mary Kay?

Pretty messed up about the bacteria...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Don't read this if you haven't seen the last show.

I can't believe that they killed Nina off. Why have the story about her if they weren't going to get her out of that prison. I was really pissed.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well that's just it. If they were going to do that why did they just keep showing her and her relationship with the guy all that time they spent on that just became meaningless. Really pissed me off.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is the only show we are currently watching besides the end of Better Call Saul. I'm not crazy about it but it's okay. It used to be I didn't like Martha or Stan and now they are practically my favorite characters. I really feel sorry for Martha she has been used and she really loves Clark.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This was a really tense show in a real cliffhanger. Poor Martha. She should go running to the police ASAP but she really loves Clark I feel so bad for her.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think Phillip has always been the more moral one and really doesn't like to use people whereas Elizabeth is completely amoral and doesn't care who gets hurt. He really does care about Martha even though he doesn't love her like a man would love a wife. I feel terrible for Martha and I really hope she can get out of this alive and not in Russia.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
In the beginning didn't phillip tell Martha that he was working for some us agency?

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I kept hoping she wouldn't go to a public place and ask the police to call the FBI. I'm not sure she will make it to rush it either but that would be cruel to us fans to kill off Nina and her as well. I also thought Elizabeth might just kill her right there.

I really hate Elizabeth. I am hoping that in the series finale that Philip turns Elizabeth in in order to save himself and the rest of the family.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes as much as I hate the internet and cell phone sometimes I can't imagine having to look for a payphone to call somebody in an emergency.

The other thing to think about is how women were rarely in positions of authority in those days. Martha considered her life a failure because she wasn't married. She had a good job but she would never be an agent she would continue to be a secretary.

One of the issues I have with the show is Keri Russell as a Russian agent. Especially a Russian agent who can beat up guys. Russell looks nothing like any of the Russian people I knew in that time and I knew hundreds because our church was Russian Orthodox. And as far as the martial arts business that is a complete fabrication as well. Did she learn it when she was a teenager or what and where does she practice it? In order to maintain proficiency in the Arts you have to go several times a week and practice. So I find this little snip of a girl who looks like a total Presbyterian to be completely unrealistic for the role. In the meantime the people the residence and even Nina look completely realistic. The actor who plays Philip could pass maybe.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was sad to see Martha go but better than a bullet to the brain like for Nina. Perhaps Martha will be considered a hot chick in Russia and considered a hero for what you did so perhaps there is a decent ending for her. At least one could hope.

So Paige is finding out what it means to be a spy and it's not so great. I wonder what will happen to the minister and his wife.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki, I'm sure had enough rounds with my mother screaming at me like that as well. Not such good memories.

Both episodes were good, I hated Elizabeth all the more for acting like she had sex with her friend's husband. She is destroying their family after they have been so good to her.
I have not eatched the most recent one yet.

I was glad that the pastor was not killed and I think it was interesting that it was finally resonating with page that she might end up having to go to Russia. I really was not a paige fan, but it has been pretty intense and I have to say the girl is doing a great job in the role.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply