Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Americans; Season 4
Topic Started: Mar 14 2016, 11:48 AM (697 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the reminder! I'm not excited for this new season but I am going to give the show a chance to win me back....not that it gives a damn whether I watch it or not.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought it was odd that we're just now seeing Philip struggle with killing that kid when he was young. It seems like something that would have been tormenting long before now.

The tension between Tatiana and Arkady was fun. Loved him knocking at the door and demanding she let him in.

It will be funny if somehow Martha ends up the 'hero' in all of this. She learns of a new horror about the man she believes to be her husband and goes right back to stealing secrets for him.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was the man in the front of the bus hard-of-hearing? I could see the girl jamming to the music not being able to hear Philip killing the security guard but thought they were pushing it with the man in the front. It made me chuckle that the pilot left the bio-weapon on the seat.

I loved Elizabeth questioning Gabriel about whether her mother said she loved her.

For as much I've enjoyed Nina, this was episode that finally made me wish they'd put an end to her storyline. I'm not interested in watching her go back to prison, and it seems unrealistic that anything else would happen to her.

I wasn't expecting Paige to admit what she'd done. I love all of these issues piling up on Philip and Elizabeth.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
With Gaad saying that he didn't thing Oleg would respond well to blackmail, I'm assuming they had gathered intel that Stan could use to manipulate him into a friendship....which is what Stan's condolences about Oleg's brother was all about.

In a way, est is still around--
Quote:

"est, Inc." evolved into "est, an Educational Corporation", and eventually into "Werner Erhard & Associates". In 1991 the business was sold to the employees who formed a new company called Landmark Education with Erhard's brother, Harry Rosenberg, becoming the CEO.[28] Landmark Education was structured as a for-profit, employee-owned company; it operates with a consulting division called Vanto Group.

It sounds more like enlightenment training than Scientology to me. est was only a 60 hour course and there's no Xenu involved, lol.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal
Mar 31 2016, 11:06 PM
Why is Elizabeth selling Mary Kay?
It would have been nice of them to give us a little more information about that mission, especially with all of the other stories they have playing out right now.

Always happy to see Claudia.

William trying to run off from Philip and Elizabeth after they told him about Gabriel was hilarious.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The speculation seems to be that Young Hee's husband will be how Philip and Elizabeth with get Level 4 access for William.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Any other ending for Nina would have been a made-for-TV fairy tale. She was a traitor to the USSR during some dark days. I love Nina but I would have been rolling my eyes all over the place if they had contrived a convenient way out for her. I do wish they'd done it last season, though. All that happened this season feels like they were just dragging out the inevitable.

I don't know if it's intentional (I'm leaning towards it is) but I feel like the show runners enjoy teasing us with some potential event, then snatch it away from us. As in all of this build up to having to kill Pastor Tim, then Elizabeth has a fever dream and decides to call the whole thing off. That's what pissed me off, lol.

Dylan Baker is good fun as William.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I can never remember his name. Does he have a nickname i can use?
Arkady is the Rezident, the head of the Rezidentura.

Quote:

And I can never remember the name of the KGB center within the Rezidentura that are the hub of the power directing Gabriel, Claudia, and our 'heroes' Elizabeth and Phillip.
The Centre is what they call their headquarters back in Russia. Are you thinking of Directorate S? That's the name of the program that dealt with the Illegals in the US.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Poor Martha. The Valium should make her feel good, though. That episode made me wish she would use her gun on "Clark" and ride off into the sunset.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really enjoyed all of stuff with Martha. It feels like she's starting to lose her grip.

This isn't the first season that feels like too many balls in the air. I think it's something we discussed in the previous season and perhaps the one before that.

Kimmy. They didn't conclude anything with her. In one of the recent interviews I read, the Showrunners said Philip is likely still getting intel from her father but we aren't seeing it at this time.

Stan turning Oleg seems a little too obvious but I don't know where else they could go with the two of them.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
A bad day for Martha. One stinking revelation after another. I tried to put myself in her mindset for each reveal and I'm surprised she didn't have a nervous breakdown.

"And everyone will know that you're KGB," gave me goosebumps.

William still makes me chuckle.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
William is an illegal. Gabriel told Philip and Elizabeth that William had been in the US for 25 years and had accomplished pretty much nothing.

It seems like Martha may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for Philip. While I think she's being used as a pawn, it does appear as though Philip really cares for her. And we've known that Philip isn't as committed to the homeland's cause as Elizabeth since the start of the series. Plus, Philip seems to be getting more and more defiant towards Gabriel.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This show is so good at building up to anti-climatic moments that I'm no longer convinced that I'll experience a fully satisfying resolution. While I was hoping for the FBI to find Martha first, I realized it wouldn't happen because that would be much more exciting than her being shipped off to Russia.

And, shipping Martha off to a lonely life in Russia made me hate Philip and Elizabeth more than when Elizabeth made the old woman eat all of her heart pills last season.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The scene with Elizabeth screaming at Paige with a vein bulging out of her forehead could have been a scene from my childhood. I just wanted to give Paige a hug, lol.

I reasoned Martha was being so cooperative over being shipped off to Russia because she really does love "Clark" so much that she doesn't want any harm to come to him, which made me even more disgusted with Philip.

It had been so long since we'd seen Lisa and her alcoholic boyfriend (husband?) that I can't even remember what that mission was about. Obvious that it was over for her as soon as she mentioned the police.

Loved the yelling match between Philip and Elizabeth and how they were comparing the emotional attachments the other has formed along the way.

I think I finished the episode feeling like Elizabeth is the worse of the two because she takes such a cold-hearted approach to things. But maybe Philip is worse because he appears to be more pained by things, yet continues with the behavior.
Edited by bilki, May 7 2016, 10:38 AM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think I liked William more than you, KMI, but I thought his story felt relatively pointless in the grand scheme of things. The one thing I did like was him infecting himself with the virus (?), because I don't think he believed he would go "home" and live the pretty picture that Gabriel was trying to paint.

Does Gabriel ever get sick and tired of spinning fairytales for these people? Does he even have a soul?

Martha's story was my favorite part of the season. Odd that they resolved that in the middle of the season and saved William's anti-climatic story for the finale.

I have no idea why they gave this show 2 more seasons.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply