Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Orphan Black; Season 4
Topic Started: Feb 18 2016, 01:50 PM (711 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2016/02/orphan-black-season-4-premiere-date-trailer-tatiana-maslany-bbc-america-1201705019/

April 14th..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure if it was a consensus, exactly, but we seemed to all agree there was a weak stretch in the middle, but we liked the payoff at the end...

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Buzz/topic/5741886/1/#new

What I said on it last is what I thought to say now (before I went back for the memory refresh) - I wish it were a little lighter and 'fun' more often, overall. There IS often comic relief, or some black comedy mixed in, but it got pretty dark and gloomy there for a bit... I enjoy it more when they stakes are lower than kidnappings and people being tied up and soldiers with guns and druggings-of-our-heroes all the time...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anybody else current? I started late, but got caught up over the last week and have seen through tonight's #7.

I like it. Last couple have been really intense...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Three more... Wonder if Helena will have bebbies before the end?...

Liked the way we got to the end of Beth-back-to-the-beginning in #6.

Going back a few, but the scene with Alison and Donnie confessing Dr. Leekie's death and resting place to Cossima on the phone was very funny...

If you miss one... And surprisingly, it looks like Seasons 1-3 are currently available, too - http://www.bbcamerica.com/full-episodes

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Haven't watched this week's yet.

Could also 'loan' you a provider password...

I've only watched one full after-show (second or third one, probably) and then the first few minutes of a couple others... I like seeing the writers and cast talk sometimes, but I didn't like the hosts, and while I like OB a lot, I'm not needing a big breakdown of the hour...

Allison rehearsing Judas (while we're wondering if she's just betrayed Sarah) was a fun people-who-don't-know-JCS-probably-didn't-get-that joke.

It was stuck in my head for a few days...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Five seasons of ten each... That's a fine place to end. Will be thrilled to follow Maslany's career following this...

Hope they can get a few people back next year that have gone away (Michiel Huisman, Michael Mando, Michelle Forbes..).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like Ari Millen (as the Castor clones), but besides the hair, I'd say his major disadvantage is that most of those guys were a LOT more alike in character than our lead Ledas...

But yeah. Maslany is wonderful... They're all so distinct, you could tell them apart WITHOUT the wigs, really, and they don't even have to say a word, and you know who you're looking at...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finale - dark. Fairly exciting, but kinda tough when they'll intro big chunks of mythology reveals in a finale and we're both confused AND have to keep it in our memories for a year...

Loved how they let Krystal in on the cloning stuff, and she didn't believe them, or recognize herself in Sarah...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply