Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Orphan Black; Season 4
Topic Started: Feb 18 2016, 01:50 PM (734 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2016/02/orphan-black-season-4-premiere-date-trailer-tatiana-maslany-bbc-america-1201705019/

April 14th..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We haven't seen the third one yet. We will probably watch it when there are no shows to watch on television. Right now we have enough that was renting one movie a week evenings are full

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Having it on Thursday sucks...too much on Thursday.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
How was season 3? Did you all come to a consensus as to whether the show had improved or declined over season 2?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure if it was a consensus, exactly, but we seemed to all agree there was a weak stretch in the middle, but we liked the payoff at the end...

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Buzz/topic/5741886/1/#new

What I said on it last is what I thought to say now (before I went back for the memory refresh) - I wish it were a little lighter and 'fun' more often, overall. There IS often comic relief, or some black comedy mixed in, but it got pretty dark and gloomy there for a bit... I enjoy it more when they stakes are lower than kidnappings and people being tied up and soldiers with guns and druggings-of-our-heroes all the time...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree. This would be better with a sort of raiders of the lost ark feel. Sure, bad nazis and scary bad people but.....

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anybody else current? I started late, but got caught up over the last week and have seen through tonight's #7.

I like it. Last couple have been really intense...

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm current. Actually if someone knows how to catch up of you miss one, please let me know. BBCAmerica has no on demand for me.

I liked today's a little less than last week's. missing Helena.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Three more... Wonder if Helena will have bebbies before the end?...

Liked the way we got to the end of Beth-back-to-the-beginning in #6.

Going back a few, but the scene with Alison and Donnie confessing Dr. Leekie's death and resting place to Cossima on the phone was very funny...

If you miss one... And surprisingly, it looks like Seasons 1-3 are currently available, too - http://www.bbcamerica.com/full-episodes

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Current except for last night. I agree this season has been really strong. TM continues to amaze.

I was/am a little confused about a couple things, but I'm sure it's me, not the writing. More later

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, Dax, thank you! We will be gone the first full week of June and I hate to miss an episode.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Crud. The link won't work because it refuses to recognize my verizon IDs. Although Verizon is not my internet provider... My provider is not an option...

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Crud if you need a not fully legal way to see Orphan Black, I can get that to you. That said OB does have reruns sometimes, but if you are away too long that won't be an option either.

So what did we think of Alison playing Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar? Also does anyone watch the after show?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Haven't watched this week's yet.

Could also 'loan' you a provider password...

I've only watched one full after-show (second or third one, probably) and then the first few minutes of a couple others... I like seeing the writers and cast talk sometimes, but I didn't like the hosts, and while I like OB a lot, I'm not needing a big breakdown of the hour...

Allison rehearsing Judas (while we're wondering if she's just betrayed Sarah) was a fun people-who-don't-know-JCS-probably-didn't-get-that joke.

It was stuck in my head for a few days...

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, guys. Maybe will be able to see last week's this coming Wednesday night. I forgot about that. If I need some other means, I'll let you know....
Edited by tgir, Jun 12 2016, 11:14 AM.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Orphan Black is getting one more season, with number five being its last. http://tvline.com/2016/06/16/orphan-black-renewed-season-5-final-episodes-bbc-america/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Five seasons of ten each... That's a fine place to end. Will be thrilled to follow Maslany's career following this...

Hope they can get a few people back next year that have gone away (Michiel Huisman, Michael Mando, Michelle Forbes..).

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We are watching last season and liked it a lot, but will probably hold off on season 4 until we can get it free. I have to say I really admire the woman that plays all the roles. I am especially fond of Helena and I have to say her antics crack me up and the antics are pulled off very well. The guys who play the male clones really don't do it for me however they are at a disadvantage as that they can only change their hair outfits a small amount compared to a female lead. I was also sad to see Paul be killed because he was quite a hunk.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like Ari Millen (as the Castor clones), but besides the hair, I'd say his major disadvantage is that most of those guys were a LOT more alike in character than our lead Ledas...

But yeah. Maslany is wonderful... They're all so distinct, you could tell them apart WITHOUT the wigs, really, and they don't even have to say a word, and you know who you're looking at...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great season overall. I did miss having some clone interaction. Maybe a little TOO much focus on the byzantine "Neolution VS Estee Lauder" storylines (hahahaha). I'm still a little confuzzled about the board wars and the neolution origin story with the 19th century leader - who is still alive? I am assuming a genetic mutant who wants to help humanity but has lost his own.

The stuff with Rachel was a bit OTT. I feel like that could have been handled a bit better. Yes OB is OTT in general, but still.

I really did think Cosima was dun.

I've come to really like Siobhan. All of the supporting characters are great. Donny is another who has really grown on me.

Maslany is amazing.

Krystal, do you not get BBC? The episodes are streaming on BBC. Not sure they are *free* if your cable provider doesn't carry BBC. http://www.bbcamerica.com/full-episodes

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finale - dark. Fairly exciting, but kinda tough when they'll intro big chunks of mythology reveals in a finale and we're both confused AND have to keep it in our memories for a year...

Loved how they let Krystal in on the cloning stuff, and she didn't believe them, or recognize herself in Sarah...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was funny...and even funnier when I realized I was thinking Krystal had a point, they DIDN'T look much alike. lol And it wasn't just due to hair and makeup. TM really differentiates the "resting" facial expressions, body language, everything. Loved the line about the hair.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply