Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Magicians; Season 1
Topic Started: Feb 2 2016, 01:47 PM (166 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It amuses me that I've seen a number of people (on AV Club and Goodreads) talk about how annoying Quentin is, because he's the one character I empathized with most. His incessant desire to escape to some other world.

Quote:

The moth monster was creepy. Very scary scene.
The Beast. Great scene when he entered the classroom. That was what hooked me.

Quote:

Very intrigued with Fillory, the alt worlds possibilities. Love that the books are a central focus.
Narnia!

Quote:

Instead, we have the Dean claiming Brakebills is there to unlock your potential, and not so worried if you then use it to take over the world. Yet, somehow, the Mothman is a bad guy. That’s disingenuous.
From the dean's perspective, I can see why he thinks the Beast is a bad guy. He ripped his eyes out, lol! It sounds like there's some bad blood between them.

Quote:

The badly handled conflicts with Quentin and Penny
I agree. The conflict between them feels forced.

Quote:

Alice needs to get some perspective and a little humility. She’s almost killed several people now.
Good point. She's experienced no emotional consequences from the damage caused by her tunnel-vision focus on finding her brother. Hopefully, the show will be smart enough to deal with that in some way.

I've read someone explaining that Books 1 and 2 run concurrently. Book 1 is Quentin and Book 2 is Julia. The show is trying to weave them together, which may explain why it feels like they're rushing through some of it.

Edited by bilki, Feb 3 2016, 02:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was fun. Crazy Alice made me laugh out loud. I even enjoyed music therapy, and those kinds of scenes usually get on my nerves.

I liked Marina's motivation, and that Quentin had to, ultimately, figure his own way out.

What will Julia do now???
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply