Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Colony; Season 1
Topic Started: Jan 30 2016, 02:32 PM (452 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

In fact, if anyone is Geronimo, I am betting it's him. No one knows it, not even the guys directly under him taking orders. He was a Ranger, then a top FBI guy. He has the skills to have started the resistance and could be directing them anonymously. But he doesn't know the low level stuff directly,so he doesn't realize (yet) his wife is involved.
Interesting theory! I figure there's going to be a big twist somewhere along the way, and that would qualify.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
NOOOOOOOOOO! I hated that ending!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've seen some people saying that because the show spent more with Phyllis in this episode they knew she was a goner. But I usually miss those warning signs. I was just happy that we were getting to know her a bit more.

If Geronimo is in the green zone, it would seem safe to assume that he/she has access to some kind of valuable intel. Although, it still looks like the Resistance is take somewhat educated stabs in the dark. Phyllis believed that the many different cells of the Resistance weren't working together, so that could be part of the problem.

Helena. She has direct contact with the aliens?

"Their perception of time makes them unpredictable" was an interesting statement.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm starting to get frustrated by the lack of information. And since we know Snyder is a big, stinking liar, I don't consider anything he says as reliable info.

There's some speculation at PreTV that Quayle may be some kind of double agent who is trying to get Synder removed so that someone he is connected to might take Snyder's place. That would make the Resistance smarter than they seem, though it's hard to say, yet, if the show is that smart.

Hopefully, Will realizes Katie is working with the Resistance now but doesn't want to have an open discussion about it.

While I was intrigued by Snyder at first, I was hoping he'd be dead by the end of the episode. I'd say I'm having trouble really caring about any of them. I don't mind that I probably dislike Katie, as it's working for me at this point. Will is just "Sawyer" off of the island, which means I care only in certain situations. The rest seem like minor players, who may or may not get a compelling storyline.

OK, I watched Ally Walker on Profiler! I did enjoy her on that show. I had to look her up because it was driving me crazy.
Edited by bilki, Feb 19 2016, 09:04 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can see why Katie isn't talking to Sawyer at this point. She's trying to steal intel from him without him knowing about it. But if they had a healthy relationship, she could just tell him and they'd have an opportunity to work together to get the kid back. I'm assuming there's something broken with their relationship, as she didn't tell him before he started working for Homeland. Or, it's all just a silly plot device.

I'd like to know why Broussard seems to have a soft spot for Katie.

Quote:

The problem with the lack of understanding of the scenario is that it makes it harder to care about people and the stakes. And the writing isn't quite enough to build that care and identification from scratch.
Agreed. I've started thinking of this show as The Americans without the strong writing and acting.

Quote:

The idea that katie is a double agent comes too pat and too soon. Quayle is thus either stupid or merely a plot device.
It worked for me, especially if Quayle is a suspicious man and events connected to Katie's intel have all gone wrong.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
If Broussard's copy of Nostromo was a big reveal, I guess we gave Sawyer too much credit last week. I suppose the show wants us to think he is in some kind of denial over Katie's working with the resistance but it's bordering on making him look like an idiot.

I loved Broussard's house blowing up on the red hats. This episode made me finally care about Broussard, and at this point I'll be disappointed when he dies.

Not thrilled to have the "Greatest Day" nonsense dropped in our laps this late in the season. And the children-are-our-future aspect made me groan.

Katie's sister and Adrian Pasdar feel like they're on a different show. Don't care much for the sexy time dynamics but I was pleased she confronted him about playing games with her life when she has so much more to lose than him.

It still feels like the show is setting up for more questions than they'll be able to answer.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They piqued my interest with the capture of the alien creature. I thought we might FINALLY get some decent answers. But that finale was as disappointing as the rest of the season. I still like the concept of the show but the execution is groan-worthy.

I'm not sure if I'll give it another chance for the next season.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, a longer season wasn't going to help the situation. They had plenty of time to give us a few satisfying answers.

Bram getting captured as Sawyer is going off to find the other son just made me want to punch the television. Such an insipid plot development.

While I'm at it, I'll take this opportunity to bitch about Quayle changing his mind mid-stream and turning against the Resistance. At the very least, they could have spent a little time setting up why he was a part of the group and why he'd change his mind like that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply