Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Colony; Season 1
Topic Started: Jan 30 2016, 02:32 PM (447 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
O dear Dax, I hope you didn't have to copy and paste all that. I thought mods had a magic button to click and move the actual posts.

But thanks.

And yeah, I think Magicians needs a thread already, even if it's just me and Bilki. :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like her. But apparently everywhere there are posters saying how hard it is to separate their dislike of her Walking Dead role. Was she that bad? wow.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I expected it since last episode, when it was clear the older resistance 'leader?' (name?) asked Katie to identify Phyllis, but I thought it would be an end-of-season thing. Then when Phyllis-HS director? showed that folder to Katie I knew she was toast. So...who has that folder? Did she give it to Katie? Does anyone else have that info? Who was she on the phone with reporting about her new asset?

The firebomb was just dumb. The point was to get a pic of Phyllis? By throwing so much danger at the Bowmans? Pus, are they sure that killing Phyllis was a good thing in the long run? The resistance needs to get a whole lot smarter for this show to succeed in the long run.

More later....

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I actually enjoyed this episode. It had that 'bottle episode' quality, being limited in location and character focus. I do like that they tried to give some shades and layers to Snyder but I just couldn't care about him. His character would work better if he really was 'the best there is' and was a really god guy doing the best he could because he thought collaborating was the only option, and we knew that was all possibly true.

I do agree this may actually be an internal political struggle orchestrated by Quayle.

I do actually like Katie a lot. And Sawyer (yes, he's Sawyer post-Island - I can't decide if it's due to JH or the writing. It may simply be the scruffy look. Yes I'm shallow sometimes. :P)

I do also like Broussard a lot. I didn't realize who he was from SOA until this episode when it started bugging me that I knew him.

Stuff that bugs me>>>>

*98 seconds for the drones to arrive. Anywhere? Because, suddenly, trapped in the Yonk, it's gonna be a half hour???

*While I like that we learned a teeny tiny bit about the situation (7 colonies on the Left coast; the aliens are humbling) IF snyder is telling the truth, it's teased out sooo slowly and comes with new questions. this is what i disliked about Lost. The problem with the lack of understanding of the scenario is that it makes it harder to care about people and the stakes. And the writing isn't quite enough to build that care and identification from scratch.

*Will had BETTER realize she's Resistance.

*The idea that katie is a double agent comes too pat and too soon. Quayle is thus either stupid or merely a plot device.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Feb 22 2016, 07:01 PM
I'd like to know why Broussard seems to have a soft spot for Katie.

This is pure spec... unless people at PTV are using spoilers to spec, which they do all the time in the Game of Thrones threads. :P

Katie and Broussard had/are having an affair...

um....

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah you know it's in trouble when peopleare comparing it unfavorably to Falling Skies and grumbling about impenetrable LostPlots...

There's a lot I like but I agree, groanworthy execution. Plus, they have so may intriguing ideas and then fizzle them. For instance, fans in several venues wanted to know what was going on Outside the Wall. Bram finds a way Outside the Wall....and abruptly, that plot gets shut down. Silly writers.

And I think some people are not 'getting' the point of a ten episode season. You're not supposed to stretch a 22 episode traditional arc over two ten episode seasons.,

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply