Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Gilmore Girls; Season 8
Topic Started: Jan 29 2016, 06:33 PM (2,159 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't remember Paris losing her virginity, but she had a long and icky affair with one of her college professors, right?

I love the show, despite its flaws. I'm not sure how much my feelings will/would change on a re-watch... I suspect the things I liked AND disliked might be amplified for me...

I do try not to let these things influence me, but I did watch the new season (and a couple Bledel/Graham interviews) with the 'new information'/poison in my head that one of the lead actresses is, um, not-a-very-nice-person, and is highly unpopular with a very large percentage of the cast. That was disappointing to me, as I do think she's a really good actress...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah. Both things true, and I'd heard that about Patterson and Graham during the run (which seemed odd, since their onscreen chemistry was really good...). Still, I always got a positive-ish vibe from her when she'd do an interview here and there (which I guess wasn't often, but...), I thought she seemed like a cool lady. Apparently, she's a diva in all caps, and almost everybody doesn't enjoy working with her (I guess boyfriend Krause must be an obvious exception, and maybe things were different at Parenthood than GG... she and Whitman appear to have gotten along better than she and Bledel, too..), such that it's REALLY impressive that this thing was able to come together...

Nothing to link to, though I did skim through a tabloid in a store the other day that said a lot of the same things I've heard, though it was maybe a little kinder...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/lauren-graham-memoir-gilmore-girls.html

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/amy-sherman-palladino-on-gilmore-girls-future.html

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://tvline.com/2016/12/01/gilmore-girls-a-year-in-the-life-amy-sherman-palladino-interview-final-four-words/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Heh. You lost a longer piece, too...

I don't get you liking Logan (in Season 5, anyway).

Luke/Lor 'settled', good, but not married... yeah, kind of a stretch. Plot. Would have worked been better 'four or five years later', not ten. (Also much of Rory's stasis, of course)

Paul - Yeah, I laughed at the first couple scenes, but... that went too far.

I got that Rory had some career ups and downs over the years... it didn't bother me that we didn't get a more thorough catch-up, but I agree with the consensus that she makes a lot of dumb moves over this year (but I did like her taking over the town paper, just after swearing she wasn't 'back')...

Agree, Sookie absence explanation is crap.

Yeah, Paris freaking out in the bathroom felt off, and why was Tristan even (sorta) there? So she could freak out, but... eh. But I love her, and Weil.

Secret Bar was awesome.

Wookie sex... yeah, at least a little more onscreen build-up there would have helped it. Bit too random as presented.

Emily and Berta and family was weird, but I bought it well enough... 'change'. Doing things differently. Loneliness and grief and weird.

I have to figure there'd have been more Jess if Ventimiglia were available longer, or... AS-P did say there were money issues, they didn't get everything they wanted..

Rory trust fund. Didn't bother me a lot. She's floundering and 'broke', but never really, of course. She's fine (financially), but can still FEEL 'broke'...

Netflix saying 'Season 1' doesn't mean anything, but sure, there could be more. (With a different title, though, that theoretical thing would ALSO be a 'Season 1', but we'd consider it 'Season 9'...)

I don't like your Final Four Words better as an ending (... but yeah, that COULD be the next thing Lorelai says...)

(But I get the criticism that this would have been a better story for 22 year-old Rory than 32... still, I don't think this is as poor a reverse-engineering as, like, the Kings wanting to end TGW with a slap because they had one in the pilot...)

Logan is very likely the father.
It's not the wookie.
It COULD be Jess, but... it's a bigger stretch that we wouldn't have seen more of them together (than it is that her one-night stand was entirely off-screen). The implication is stronger that Jess may step up and be 'Luke' to single-Mom Rory...

Logan is STILL doing whatever his father makes him do. He's not putting up any kind of fight.

The Netflix binge model is imperfect, but increasingly, week-to-week viewing is 'done' and go-at-your-own-pace is 'it', but yeah, being spoiled sucks...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No 'The' before Gilmore Girls in the title. Yes. It was a show (on the WB; became CW for the last year) from 2000 to 2007 and now there's a new mini-season on Netflix.

I liked Ally McBeal.

I liked Scrubs (still a couple seasons I haven't seen, in the middle).

I haven't seen Sex and the City. 'Someday'...

I loved Parks & Recreation.

I don't think you'd like Gilmore Girls. You might not HATE it, but I don't think it'd hold your interest very long. Yeah, sort of a soap... it's funny, but maybe equal parts comedy and drama, so the classification is 'wrong' whichever you say it is...

Pitch at the beginning - 32 year-old woman had a daughter when she was 16, and now the daughter is 16... they live in a small town in Connecticut. Lorelai runs an inn. Rory gets into a fancy private school, but Lorelai needs to turn to her parents (with whom she's been largely estranged from for all of Rory's life) for a loan... they consent, as long as both ladies agree to weekly dinners with them...

Rory's main love interest in the last half of the series is Matt Czuchry, who you know as Cary Agos on The Good Wife.

Rory is played by the impossibly gorgeous Alexis Bledel, who was Beth (Howard's wife, that Pete had an affair with) on Mad Men. Bledel and Vincent Kartheiser (Pete) are now married.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just didn't watch SATC from the start, and then I just never got around to... Mom liked it. We have the complete DVD set... (there were two movies).

I did like poor lil' rich boy Phillip Spaulding, yeah...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/arts/television/gilmore-girls-netflix-revival-recap.html?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: