Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor : Kaoh Rong; Season 32
Topic Started: Jan 11 2016, 04:55 PM (1,548 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
And don't forget...this was filmed BEFORE Jeremy's Second Chances win.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
ugh. This is when I start rethinking the death penalty. I seem to have to do that on a regular basis. :-(

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Early thoughts.

Really dislike the guys on the Brawn team, and Alecia. Sorry they booted Darnell. It's already bugging me taht some call Amish dude Kyle and some call him Jason. (Kyle Jason) Cyndey and Jennifer could be okay. Hope there's a sooner rather than later swap.

The Brains aren't much better. Like Obama, Neal is okay - like that he predicts the Brains downfall. :-) Might like Joe. But Debbie is annoying and way too full of herself and Aubrey seems weird in an unlikable way. (wish you met me irl) Can't remember Elizabeth.

I actually like the Beauty tribe, I think because they aren't all that beautiful and have other strengths. Caleb especially came off very well compared to his 'Beast mode Cowboy" image. I will enjoy figuring out if it's the editing (which bodes well for his future if he's being edited positively), or if he really does fit more naturally into the Survivor experience, or... I misjudged him on BB. I like the gilrs too, and beauty girls often rub me the wrong way. Can't remember much of Nick, and tai is pretty screwed already...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Avoiding spoilers... for a bit anyway. Thanks for spoiler barring it.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not. looking. at. spoliers. ::Runs away::

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
yeah I saw that. Which made me LOL when she started claiming she could tell if the well water was safe just by "looking at it." Her tribe is gonna drop dead if they follow her advice.
Spoiler: click to toggle

I am afraid to say...but...

I actually like Caleb better than most of these jerks.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Mar 3 2016, 12:03 AM
It seemed like they should have gotten rid of Peter. I can see him going back and being more manipulative than Liz.

Yeah especially since they should realize that three tribe splits usually get shuffled into two tribes about now. Though I can't remember how long they let the last triple tribe game go. Didn't Denise and Malcolm end up a lonely twosome?

Lots of thought for later.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah the girls, especially seem interchangeable.... Much spec the winner is female though, given the edits of the guys. Usually a female winner is UTR through the merge... except ... um I forget her name already---same season as Troyzan?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ready to make my merge pick even before the actual merge episode. (After the merge, edgicers have to pull together all the evidence and decide who wins based on the edit to date. the theory is that everything before the merge tells the foreshadowing of the winner, everything after the merge is a distraction to build suspense and drama, with winner material woven in juuuust enough to make the winner satisfying.)

Michele. And based on my family's comments, much of the audience is still not sure who she is.

I'll quote a couple posts from a private edgic site to explain, and a link to one of their sites:

Shambo iz ma homegirl

Every winner so far has attended TC pre-merge at least once. If one of the two remaining Beauties won (Michele/Julia), they would be setting a new record!! (KM: This is importnat because the edit uses tribal Council to build story and character, and never attending means you lose 25-35% of possible screen time right off the bat.)

Now that the pre-merge is complete, I don't see ANY concern with Michele's visibility. Ten winners have had at least 3 UTRs (Under-the-rader edits) in the first six episodes. Dots pointed out five winners that have had a string of three UTRs in a row pre-merge.

Michele has not attended TC. There was very little relevant game footage to show of her pre-swap, and yet they still focused HEAVILY on the Beauty Trio alliance. The editors really wanted you to remember that. Michele also narrated the formation of that alliance in the premiere and set out the skills she would use in the game.

Michele essentially narrated the swap. She gave a lot of input on how the swap screwed over the Beauty Trio, and in episode six she reiterated her game skills and set out her long-term plan.

We have a lot of good game talk from Michele in a somewhat small amount of screen time. All her screen time has been good and building on her character and game. It's not just random fluff to give her some obligatory screen time.

Michele hasn't had a visibility spike. She's gone from a visibility of 1-2-3 in the last 3 episodes. That's a gradual build to a relevant character, not a spike to explain someone's boot a la Monica last season.

I would say the great content she has gotten with limited screen time only boosts her chances. There's no need to show this stuff is she's irrelevant. If the editors couldn't be bothered giving KELLY WIGLESWORTH any screen time last season why would they bother giving such great swap content to Michele if she was just some irrelevant boot? And I don't believe she's the merge boot. Michele is getting a long-term story that's been set up since episode one.

And this site's summary: http://www.survivoredit.com/player_detail.php?player_detail=92

Despite low air time she has strong confessional quotes and good story content.

And the overall story seems to suggest a female winner this time.

1. Three of the remaining men have had negativity pre merge. Since Tony and Mike the editors have been more forgiving of OTT characters but still, no one has ever won survivor if earning an "N" tone (from the edgic community average) before the merge. Scott, Jason, Nick are done. Imo, that leaves Tai, Neal, and Joe. Tai has a chance, I admit. Neal a slight chance. Joe is done.

GR

2. Three things have dominated the early skirmishes in the game (four, if you count the elements):

• Alecia's travails
  • Focus on the Beauty belles
  • Debbie's shenanigans
I expect all three to lapse and to devolve into the one thing they have in common: the capacity of a strong woman to rise above external obstacles and their own short-comings to win the game. I think that the winner will be a woman but not one who was part of any early focus.

Edited by KMInfinity, Mar 28 2016, 10:27 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The edgic posters were discussing this too. I'm not sure if the players are given good guidelines concerning what can and cannot be given as medical help while still in play. Plus, no one wants to look weak. I do know that players have said they worried if they ask for medical, the very request is an 'indicator' that they have crossed a safety 'line' and could be pulled. I also now that players in the early seasons were sometimes weighed and we never saw that in the show, which si why there are so many food rewards and special ways to get food besides eating rats on Borneo. :D

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Still on the Michele train. She is UTR but carefully edited. That quote she gave at tribal was exactly the kind of thing that ends up on the cutting floor unless you are the winner.

Liking all the girls this season, which is unusual. And even though they are not a well oiled alliance (yet) like Kim's from One World, they are more fun to watch. Love that Aubrey survived, and love that wacky Debbie is getting a pretty kind edit. I wonder if her TC comment really swayed Julia and Michele right there, or is the decision to boot Nick was already the play.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
A lot of people have decided that they're so evil, their fun, as in an "evil league of evil" way but I I still cringe when i hear Jason speak. He's worse than Scott or Tai. It will be interesting if the women can pull Tai away.

I'm still backing Michele, but this last episode was pretty weak for her, except for the heroic 'making fire' scene. Cydney is looking overall excellent and I've had her at #2 for awhile.

I wonder how things blow up, given that "Second Chance" didn't use the super idol twist at all. Is that purely a logistical thing, since it hadn't aired yet? Because otherwise, it would have been a chance to have two seasons use the twist but unaware of the idol twist.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
So long braggart.

My Michele pick is looking even weaker. I'm thinking that being out of the loop and voting Tai, right after saying you need to be on the RIGHT side when the moment comes, ices her. She has never stepped forward the way i thought she would.

Aubrey and tai are great TV, but Aubrey feels spencerish to me, a big character who doesn't win.

Cydney?

It was her plan to pull in Tai and boot Scott.

This season is SOOOO much better than Second Chance.
Edited by KMInfinity, Apr 20 2016, 09:13 PM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought Scott said the girls didn't know the magic idol could be played AFTER the votes were read, but I'm pretty sure they DID know, which is why they put votes on BOTH Tai and Scott, because why in HELL would Tai be stupid enough to give Scott the idol, then face a revote with Aubrey which he would lose. The boys didn't think it thru. I wonder if Tai knew ahead of time?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Also Fishbach showed up on our edgic site and is supporting Michele's win, and gave his perspective on why her negtivity this episode could be seen as being downplayed by the editors so that she doesn't look too bad. If true then that's actually strong evidence for her win.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Too bad I've always disliked The Price is Right as a game show. Wish it was Family Feud . Or even Jeopardy, 10,000 Pyramid, anything else really.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I know there's always a lot of film on hte floor, but i hate when jeff tries to manipulate the voting...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finally. A huge episode for Michele.

AND....

she gets to claim loyalty while voting out her best bud Julia as a big move she gets to cry about...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree, she's not very charismatic or interesting, and not well spoken. Which means that when they give her random focus and chances to talk, there's gotta be a reason.

I'm hoping they've built her up to give some suspense to a Cyd/Aubrey win but Fishbach thinks she's the winner and that pretty much ices the cake for me.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Feeling a lot better about my Michele pick.

Odds (imo)

85% - Michele
10% - Cyd
5% - Aubrey

I'd love a Cyd win, but both Cyd and Aubrey have "why they lost" clips interspersed in the story, so even if there's an amazing finish with those thre in the finals together, Cyd and Aubrey are the ones with 'splaining to do.

I heard a rumor that it might be an F2, first in awhile, but I'm afraid to look for the source and stumble on spoilers, which I'm still avoiding. Even the finale number is considered spoiler info on my edgic site. If it is, I am thinking Tai+Michele, after seeing NTOS. Which explains why such great characters like Cyd and Aubrey DON'T win.....

Great season.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sorry to see Cyd go. She became my fave.

I'm still unspoiled and unsure how things will play out and we are 1 hr 20 minutes in. Wow. great editing for a change.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax I bet that will be discussed on some of the blogs and net interviews. Fishbach alluded to it privately as being "an issue." The casts often become friends with different seasons so I'm sure something will come out.

Bilki I agree. Once Cyd left, I was sure my Michele pick was d-e-a-d, because I had scenarios where I could see Michele beating Cyd but not Aubrey. A lot of edgic picked Michele and agree the edit was pretty balanced but that ultimately Aubrey's story was stronger even in the finale. I wonder if that was intentional on the part of the editors (to subvert Michele because they didn't like her much - that's been documented, especially when Jeff doesn't like the winner) or if Michele is just such a poor speaker the editors couldn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The sour grapes on the jury are pretty common but with Bounty and Bully it was especially obvious, imo, that the jury would not respect Aubrey's game. Michele will go the way of Natalie White...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply