Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Crime Story; Season 1 - The People V. OJ Simpson
Topic Started: Jan 6 2016, 02:30 PM (330 Views)
jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I posted my thoughts on this in the watching and sampling thread before i saw this had its own thread. Agree Paulson is quite good as Marcia Clark.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Housewives is still a guilty pleasure of mine too and I was just thinking about this last night lol. Andy Cohen is definitely pulling the strings with the Kathryn/Faye feud, it smells of a setup from a mile away. Marcus Allen was also one of OJs best friends, OJ supposedly called him from jail and wanted him to testify/lie on his behalf. I dont recall it being a big story during the trial but alot of it has come out since (maybe mostly in Fayes book?). Andy Cohen did a whole special "remember when" show that focused on 1994 with alot about the OJ story a couple months ago so he clearly wanted to remind us all about it before all this Faye/Kathryn stuff aired. Not sure if he planned it to coincide with this new series but I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Andy LOVES a good scandal and Bravo is his personal playground. I'm thinking with the new series lots of people might be googling Faye and surely Real Housewives is right up at the top of the search results driving more traffic to Bravo. The release date of the series has been known long enough for Bravo to have timed it out perfectly. I am looking forward to seeing Connie Britton as Faye too. That could be VERY good.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Travolta is becoming less annoying and from certain angles and lighting he really does resemble Shapiro. Its been a great improvement in the last couple episodes.

Still strongly dislike Cuba as OJ, it just doesnt work on any level.

Schwimmer still bugs me but not as much as the constant parading of the Kardashian kids. Its gratuitous and clearly gimmicky based on their current pop culture status. I would be ok with an appearance or two but they've been on every episode. We've seen them more than Cochran at this point. Hoping once we start with the courtroom stuff we will move away from that and see a bit more of the people who were actually a part of the story (Kris, Faye, the Goldmans etc.) but not the main players.

My first impression grade was a D its now more like C. Still sticking with it a bit longer.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
You could be right in that its not THAT much, I'm just so Kardashian-ed out that the mere mention of them drives me a bit nutty at this point. So it could be more my personal aversion to them than whats actually playing out clouding my judgment on that aspect. Still I dont really see why we needed them beyond a brief scene or two in the premiere. I did have to chuckle a little at the restaurant scene where he was telling the kids about fame and being famous for actually doing something.

I like Sterling K. Brown a lot too.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes he did. I liked this episode much more than previous ones since we are finally getting into the court portion. All the lawyer infighting was good. I still just really wish they had found someone else for OJ. I don't see how anyone thought that was good casting beyond the name recognition. Nathan Lane as F. Lee Bailey is pretty genius though.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah it was good. The series has improved little by little each week. I still hate Cuba as OJ but everyone else has grown into their roles well enough. Nathan Lane, Sarah Paulson, Courtney B. Vance, and Sterling Brown are all pretty fabulous. I started out very iffy on the series but the last half has changed my opinion alot. I give it a solid B at this point.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
It did end up being a well done series. I had my doubts but they pulled it off. Subject matter aside I enjoyed it performance/entertainment wise. I liked that they tied it all up and gave us a little post verdict stuff. I knew F. Lee Bailey had been disbarred but not that Shapiro testified against him so that was interesting to me. The next one is hurricane Katrina right? I trust them enough after this one to watch that one.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply