Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
~Days of Our Lives Spoilers & Discussion~; Month of January
Topic Started: Dec 29 2015, 10:44 AM (690 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They spend so much time bitching and moaning about Kate Mansi/Abigail over at PreTV that it sometimes gives me a headache when I'm there. I do think Abigail gets too much screen time but I'm only mildly annoyed by it. Plus, that's why they invented the FF button.

I still hate that the show tapes so far ahead.

And I still think the show isn't doing a good job of juggling all of its storylines. I wish they would have spent more time on why Kate is so intent on making life difficult for Theresa. Kate really thought the designs of that other guy were good? Isn't she supposed to be a shrewd business woman? That colorful dress Gabi had on was worse than the anniversary celebration outfits. And now Eric is drinking heavily? When did this start?

I kept thinking it was going to get better after the anniversary stuff was finished but I still feel like the show is just a little better than average.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Eric has been drinking heavy ever since Nicole picked Daniel over him.
Thanks, 2 buddy! Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember a random scene or two of him drinking. It feels like he hasn't even been on since Nicole couldn't hire him at Basic Black.

I'd be surprised if they didn't recast Abigail, unless Corday really does have a crush on Kate Mansi and that's why she's on 4-5 days a week.

Ava Vitali is one of Dena Higley's creations, which is the only reason some think she's back in Salem. I find Tamara Braun mildly amusing and can see why Joey would have a crush on Ava. But Ava isn't a compelling character on her own. She's so forgettable that I didn't remember she played a part in Shawn Brady's death.

I don't mind all of the death and gloom as long as the writers use it to do something interesting with the characters. I'm not sad that Guy Wilson is gone but I'm disappointed that Will's death didn't cause more of a ripple effect across the canvas. They could have spun a strong story for at least one character in the aftermath of Will's passing, and it didn't have to be Sami. Hopefully, Daniel's death will Nicole something to do for awhile but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Sami, Kate and Gabi after Nick's "death" was a good example of doing something fun with a dark storyline. I can see why people are getting tired of all the gloom and doom. It's been a long time since Jennifer had a book club meeting, lol!

How far away is Vincent Irizarry?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Between my suspicion that Mascolo might be leaving and the spoilers for Hope, I had a feeling this is where they were going. But is Mascolo officially done taping? I haven't seen any announcements. I thought the Stefano/Hope scenes were some of the smartest the show has done in awhile. Stefano mocking Hope's moral superiority was so awesome. I understood Hope's point of view, too, and thought Kristian Alfonso brought her A game. I was intrigued by what looked like Stefano taunting Hope to put him out of his misery but I doubt the show will explore the issue.

It will be funny if we find out Stefano really didn't have anything to do with Bo's imprisonment and torture.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
2buddy4u
Jan 10 2016, 07:23 PM
If he didn't kidnap Bo who did??
That's a good question, now. I've been rolling my eyes at Hope trying to figure it out when it seemed obvious it would all go back to Stefano. But the scene seemed to play like he was only telling Hope what she wanted to hear. Maybe it was all done by Andre without Stefano's knowledge? I'm still thinking there will be some kind of reveal as to what Andre was up to before he returned to Salem. It would be nice if they could use another big villain from the past but that's probably just wishful thinking, lol.

I just read this on Daytime Confidential---
Quote:

Sure, Stefano pulled dastardly stunts against Bo (Peter Reckell) and Hope, and she's convinced he's the one who had her beloved kidnapped and tortured (He didn't). Stefano wasn't Bo and Hope's primary foe from the soap opera's canon; Larry Welch (Andrew Hyatt Masset) was. I really wish today's soap writers and executives took a page from Star Wars in trying to understand stuff like this.

Daytime Confidential
Edited by bilki, Jan 10 2016, 08:14 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Days of our Lives · Next Topic »
Add Reply