Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Better Call Saul; Season 2
Topic Started: Dec 16 2015, 11:33 PM (1,417 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Last season changed my expectations for the show. I enjoyed the episode but I figured it would play like some of the slower paced episodes of S1.

It made me chuckle to see the brash Saul Goodman afraid to use that emergency exit in the opener.

Mike refusing to get into that ridiculous Hummer was the best. The baseball card scene was fun, too.

Jimmy and Kim are cute together in a tragic kind of way.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Daniel Wormald cracks me up. He reminds me of Lester Nygaard.

I wonder if Chuck's indignance over Jimmy being a part of the case is what's fueling his return to work.

It's funny how Kim seems to be the embodiment of Jimmy's dream girl but her POV is very much in conflict with his.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OK, that was Krazy-8! I thought he looked familiar.

Mike took quite a beating but I guess it could have been worse for $25,000. Seeing Tuco always reminds me of how much I hate him.

It made me chuckle when they called Mike "Grandpa" because I can't stop thinking about how they don't do anything to Jonathan Banks to make him look at least as young as he did in Breaking Bad.

I like the element of Jimmy trying to fit in with a bunch of lawyers who are on the opposite end of the spectrum from him.

Loved Jimmy's argument with Chuck.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The show is still doing things that would have really annoyed me last season but I've adjusted my expectations, so I guess I'm seeing it as what comes with the territory. A montage of Kim calling people just isn't interesting to me, especially after watching her calling people in previous scenes. But I thought her coffee break with Chuck was pretty great.

I wonder if Chuck's psychological issues are what drove the wife away. Do we know the time period of that flashback?

Uncle Tio! It was cool to see him pre-stroke, though I realize it wasn't the first time.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe Kim realizes the grass isn't always greener. Although seeing as how she's spent all of those years with HHM, she may not have experienced that harsh realization yet. I'm sure the guy offering her the new job is no less of an asshole than Howard or Chuck. He couldn't help but bitch at that server for waiting a few minutes for his drink.

It's fun to find out Mike's history with the Cousins knowing that he killed the one. I vaguely remember him warning Walt about them in BB.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wonder if that was the end of half measures on Mike's part, or if he'll make a few more before he learns his lesson. That's all I could think about when Nacho told Mike that Salamanca shot the good samaritan in the face.

Poor Chuck. His utter frustration at the copy store was palpable. I jumped when he hit his head.

It would be great to see Gus in the finale but I don't want to get my hopes up, especially with Gilligan saying he was talked out of putting someone in the episode.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I watched Saul's and Gus' first Breaking Bad episode as a little pre-party, so I guess I did get my hopes up that we'd get to see Gus. But with the way Mike's story was playing out, I figured about halfway through that there wouldn't be any Gus here. I forgot how funny Saul was in his first BB episode.

OK, it was Marie. That may have been distracting.

I'm a little surprised no one has caught Mike doing all of his spying on the cartel before now. The spot from which he watches that store doesn't seem all that secluded.

Love the rivalry between Chuck and Jimmy. Chuck's ruse to get Jimmy to confess was great. Looking forward to see where this is headed next season.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
There's a dynamic that happens with the first born. My feeling is that one can feel like they're held to a higher standard for approval, if only because the parents usually take a more relaxed approach with each child that follows. Chuck has worked so hard to be the best he can be, then the mother calls out for Jimmy. And I imagine that was a trend Chuck had noticed for a long time. I could feel how that stung him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply