Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Game of Thrones; Season 6
Topic Started: Dec 3 2015, 07:21 PM (1,897 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
What about HBO Now? Looks like they give a free month to start!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hopefully, he's not the drooling fanboy Chris Hardwick plays on Talking Dead.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Melisandre feeling so defeated by life that she undid her seductive pretense was my favorite moment.

Brienne and Sansa were pretty cool, too.

Mostly disappointed that Jon Snow is still dead.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Most of the speculation that I've been reading is that Jon will resurrect in his funeral pyre in a scene that will be along the lines of Daenerys birthing her dragons. That gives me some hope.

Davos was great. I forgot to mention him.

I still enjoy Arya, though I can see why someone would be bored with her.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I read a couple pages of PreTV's Book vs. Show thread. There was plenty of negativity for the Dorne shenanigans.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
There was a big clap of thunder here as Melisandre was trying to revive Jon, which made it all the more fun. I started thinking they'd save the resurrection until the next episode.

Tyrion playing a Dragon Whisperer was pretty cool.

I like the fantasy aspect of Bran's story, so it was good to see him again.

UGH @ Ramsay killing Roose. I'd rather just FF through Ramsay's scenes but I keep thinking I'll miss something that impacts someone else's story. I guess I could just read a recap.

Still hoping that Arya will actually get to do something awesome one day soon.

I'm assuming the Iron Islands will factor in to all of this somehow but I kinda don't care, though I'd rather watch them than Ramsay.

Enjoyed Cersei and Tommen.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The whole E-VOL villain is so groan-worthy but at least Joffrey was a Lannister, an important family to the series. Roose played a important part in some of the story but he's a far cry from a Lannister. Ramsay is relatively pointless without his father. Perhaps from a writer's point of view there's a good reason for a villain who has little to no inner conflict but I don't find them to be compelling entertainment. If they can elevate Ramsay's demise to more than a "Good Riddance!" thought from me, I'll be surprised.

Walder Frey is a piece of sh*t, too. I do like the idea of Ramsay taking his vile self up to the Wall to get his comeuppance.

Tits last week, dragons this week. Maybe it's a back and forth thing?

I do agree with the complaints about Tyrion's eunuch jokes. Once was more than enough.

On the first viewing, I wasn't paying enough attention to the Bran's flashback to realize I was watching young Benjen, Eddard and Jon Snow's mother ( :P ).
Edited by bilki, May 1 2016, 11:22 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
At one point during that conversation, I thought Melisandre might tell Davos they'd have to find Thoros of Myr. Didn't she cross paths with him on the show? I wonder how different Jon will be after this. I know Beric Dondarrion changed after each resurrection. And after being dead for so long, Lady Stoneheart was only a sliver of Catelyn Stark.

***I wrote that^^^ before I read the article linked above me, lol.

There's speculation that Tyrion is a Targ. Talking to the dragons added some fuel to that fire. This is the first I've heard of the theory, and I haven't looked into who they think his father may be.

Plenty of cheers for KINGSMOOT, which would mean more to Gate than it does to me. Of all of the hours I spent on ASOIAF wiki, I didn't look into the Iron Islands characters much at all.
Edited by bilki, May 2 2016, 06:12 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow. That was quite an episode. Probably this season's "Hardhome."

Poor Hodor. My eyes even watered a bit. And we lost another direwolf. Ugh.

Arya doesn't have what it takes to become one of the Faceless, and I'm starting to feel like sitting through all of those scenes of her getting hit with a stick has been pointless.

Pleased that Dany has finally forgiven Jorah.

I liked the reveal that the Children made the White Walkers, especially because I've been cheering for the WWs to show up and kill most of Westeros. I wish they would have talked about it a bit more, though. It looks like the Children created a monster they couldn't control.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm so ready for Arya's showdown with the Waif. They're saying that the Faceless Men will always be after Arya after this.

While there are plenty of despicable people in Westeros, am I really supposed to be rooting for Dany's Dothraki army to rape the women and kill the children of the land?

I need to go back and watch Bran's visions in slow motion. Jaime is supposed to be killing the Mad King somewhere in there.

Benjen Stark!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, Gate! Now I don't have to sit and slow motion the whole thing, lol.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just about any viewer with some sense knew that old woman was the Waif in disguise. It was pretty stupid that Arya didn't suspect her as soon as she heard her say "Sweet girl."

Good to see the Hound again.

For as much as I the Queen of Thorns, I thought she was really looking to be her own worst enemy in how she talked to the crazy woman who works for the High Sparrow and by telling Cersei exactly what she thought of her.

Lady Mormont was a nice reminder of how kids have to live with the responsibilities that some adults can't even handle in this world.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok, Arya was able to defeat the Waif because of her time being blind. The fight is in the dark, so I can accept that. But what about the fight with the Blackfish? Did they need to exclude both fights? It felt a little lazy to take a pass on both fights.

I actually sat through the scenes in Mereen but in hindsight I could have done a slow FF and not missed a thing.

Enjoyed the Hound meeting back up with the Band of Brotherhood. Jaime letting Brienne keep her sword.

The Mount ripping the head off of that guy made me laugh. I'm so sick of the High Sparrow story. Cersei is so rotten that she'll probably do what I think she's going to do.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pleased that Ramsay Snow finally got his comeuppance. I'm sure someone will take his place.

Not sure why I thought Rickon would make it out alive.

I guess if I had been paying better attention I would have known the Knights of the Vale would be the ones to save the day. I knew someone was going to show up just in the nick of time. Trope-y.

Nice to see Sansa gaining strength from all of the rotten things that have happened to her.

Happy to see Melisandre again. For as much as I hated what they did to Shireen, I still don't hold it against Melisandre. I blame Stannis.

Jon being trampled was horrible but I thought it the most moving part of the battle. It reminded me of a recurring dream I have.

Mereen was better than usual.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
In my dream, I'm stuck to my bed and someone is coming to kill me. Not exactly the same as being trampled but more the feeling of being trapped as you feel your demise is imminent. I've woken myself up calling out for help before.

I don't consider the Night King a villain. Some book readers are saying Euron will be the next Ramsay, so I'm expecting the worst.

How many seasons are left after this one?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I never did understand the power the High Sparrow holds. (I don’t think he and his followers were in the first 3 books I read, maybe that’s why?)
I didn't understand it, either. And I didn't find anyone explaining it in a way that made sense. It was the main reason I got so frustrated with the goings-on at Kings Landing.

Quote:

Hate blind Arya. And all that crap with the Faceless.
I had such hope for that storyline but it started to seem so silly.
Edited by bilki, Jun 29 2016, 10:57 AM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hurry up and watch "The Door" already, lol. :P

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

• His stupid actions cause all the tragedy. Just seemed way too contrived.
Yeah, but he's a kid and he's curious. He does things he's not supposed to do, which is why he's no longer able to walk. I also liked how it played into the kids-having-more-responsibility-than-they're-ready-for aspect of the world.

Hodor was a good and faithful servant.

Knowing that the White Walkers are coming makes most of the other storylines feel irrelevant to me. That's my biggest frustration right now. I wish we were being shown how current character choices will have some kind of impact on the arrival of the White Walkers. Or, learning more about the past so it's like watching history repeat itself. It feels like we know so little about the WWs for having maybe only 13 episodes left.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

The Three Eyed Raven knows stuff...maybe the future? Yet he's clueless that Bran is gonna explore on his own, and does NOT give Bran proper instruction about who can see him in the visions (The Night King!) and that he can't let the Night King touch him. Frodo KNEW and was warned about putting on the One Ring. Bran's plot should have contained those warnings, and then developed a REASON why he might want to/need to explore anyway.
I agree. It was silly that the 3-E Raven didn't explain to Bran why it was so important that he didn't go wandering off into the dream state on his own like that. Or why he shouldn't get close enough to come into contact with TNK. The way it played out made me wonder if the 3-E Raven was so ready to pass the torch to Bran that he didn't care how it all went down but the show never said or did anything to support that. Just me trying to fill in the blanks.

It does feel like the show is more concerned with the spectacle of it all rather than telling us a well thought out story. And if we only have 13 episodes left, it seems like we should know more about the White Walkers. Makes me think it will all build up to a couple big battles that may not have compelling reasons to explain them.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jul 4 2016, 11:50 AM
Needle, not Sting.
Ohhhhhhh. I wondered what KMI was talking about, lol.

Quote:

My beloved Al Swearengen
That's funny that it took me this long to figure out why he was so familiar.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I've yet to see anything that makes me think Lady Stoneheart would be a good show inclusion
Because she's a bad ass (and a Stark) is reason enough for me, lol. Plus, I think her reunion with Sansa or Arya would be quite interesting. Probably more interesting than anything they've done with Ramsay or Littlefinger, IMO. It seems unlikely that they'll introduce her to the show at this point, though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply