Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Good Wife; Season 7
Topic Started: Oct 5 2015, 06:02 PM (3,849 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal >> I thought this first epi was pretty good, although I find it hard to believe that Alicia would be scurrying around doing some low level court work. Still with the 3,000 suits though...

MM is a good addition to the cast. I will be interested in seeing how this plays out. I felt so bad for Eli, Peter is such an ass and could have handled that one better.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't watched the premiere yet.

Margulies lied the other day... Panjabi tweeted a correction...

http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/julianna-margulies-archie-panjabi-feud.html#

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cush Jumbo (Luca Quinn) is a new full regular. I like her.

The Peter/Eli break-up is cool. Love Margo Martindale.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finn didn't really 'go' anywhere (and we might still see him, but as a recurring, not a regular). He turned down Alicia's offer to partner up (professionally, but at least part of his reasoning was likely that there is some romantic tension between them, and he's involved again with his ex-wife).

I should probably look at a recap, too, re: election 'scandal' and Alicia/Diane/Cary why-she-didn't-go-back--why-they-didn't-want-her-back because I'm a little fuzzy on it, too, but... I remember it wasn't satisfying, that whatever reasons there were didn't feel organic so much as 'well, because'. The plot was reset THIS way because... They felt like it. So maybe I won't click on those links. I get where we are now, and it's 'fine'... But yeah. I recall that it was disappointing, the how-they-got-there.

Nobody's talking 'final season', but I think it very probably is. The Kings have spoken often of a seven year plan, and the titles have come full circle (Seasons 1 and 7 - one-word titles; 2 and 6, two words; 3 and 5, three words; 4, four words).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jeffrey Dean Morgan a full regular (billed second-to-last, with the 'with') as Jason Crouse. Cool. I like him.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Only a few minutes into this one and I already like it because it's funny... Alicia's reaction to finding Howard in her home... Howard flirting with Jackie in the elevator... Ruth showing Eli his tiny new office...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I liked the case, and the comedy continued (Veronica and Alicia on the cooking show was fun, but rushed a bit), but I didn't like that Diane/Alicia is again set back by something dumb... Misheard conversation, jump to conclusion...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looked more genuine than not... Howard lucked out with Jackie's connection and brought in a big client... but he was interested in her immediately, so I didn't see it as his 'using' her, at all... That she helped him was a bonus.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was a really good way to show a different side to often unlikable and antagonistic (Jackie) or ridiculous (Howard) characters.. To each other, they seemed pretty cool.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
... We were just talking about physician-assisted suicide...

Shame Alicia's client's Mom was guilty... Looked like a great class-action against the dept. store...

Lot of quick compression at the end of Diane's story, and it's a shame we couldn't get to see the reactions in bond court when Alicia's client took the plea, after all... A lot going on in this one, and none of the scenes had any time to breathe...

I like the little background bits we got on Crouse.

Jackie's codename is 'Raptor'. That's funny.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good to see Ron Raines as this week's bad guy.

Really liking JDMorgan.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
He looks different enough, but his voice should have been unmistakable... It was fun that he got to say some very 'Alan Spaulding' things...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The guy running the college.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
A fine time for the goofball NSA guys to start listening in again, but as careful as we saw Dellenger being, it's hard to believe they were successfully tracking HIS calls (from Iceland)...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I enjoyed tonight's (I want a driver-less car), but I'm confused about the end... It's presented as a 'win' since the mystery was maybe possibly solved, but if Alicia and Lucca's client was in on the suspected hack, then that's BAD for their side (though worse, perhaps, for Cary and Diane's guy). It seemed like only Louis was REALLY 'winning' (and was he absent from the last couple deposition scenes? Odd).

I also don't get something (retroactively) about last week's now. The threat that Eli's betrayal of Peter and Peter's knowing about the voting machine tampering... What put the cap on that? I thought that bomb was set to go off...

Loved Joey Slotnick's genius tech asshole. Some of his stuff was very much like Miguel Ferrer's Albert on Twin Peaks, lines like "I don't believe in thank yous. I find them a remnant of a hypocritical society"...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kinda presumed it will, but CBS has made no announcements of that.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked this week's. I was on Cary & Diane's side.

No show this upcoming Sunday, but there will be one on 12/13.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nothing, really. That was the end.

"He has a personal file on you. He has looked into your past."

She closes the door on him without speaking.
Camera zooms in on Eli. (Music from the start of the episode starts playing again)
Camera zooms in on Alicia's door and peephole.
Alicia in kitchen, just standing there, thinking. She closes her eyes.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2015/12/vatican-city-drama-female-papal-spokeperson-good-wife-creators-michelle-robert-king-scott-free-amazon-1201652322/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was a good one.

Last scene... Yeah, Eli probably ought not to have confessed that...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The K was for kidnap.

Eli deleting the voice mail (season one finale/two premiere) put Will & Alicia into a holding pattern, but it didn't keep them from getting together, as the affair was still to come... But yes. Time was wasted, and the interference IS pretty super-unforgivable... I get Alicia's rage, absolutely.

I can't understand why JM would want to be separated from the rest, but... Definitely, the Punjabi stuff was all on her...

Hope Jason isn't gone for the next 'two months', unless we're jumping ahead in time... I've read that JDMorgan isn't going to be seen on Walking Dead until the finale, so that shouldn't be a huge conflict...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
CBS at press tour today... if there's a Season 8 (they haven't decided yet), the Kings will supervise but not run it... they're ready to move on and will have finished the seven season story they set out to tell, but won't, you know, end things in such a way that it can't continue without them.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
WW did the Iowa comedy better.

Show is stronger than last season, but yeah, still not up to the quality of 1-5...

I would be fine with it ending at 7, but I'd also be terribly curious about that theoretical 8th, so... Either way.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
JM certainly seems to be a bitch in the Panjabi situation, but I rarely let 'real life' issues taint a show or artist for me... I don't care what people are REALLY like, I care about their work. That Alicia and Kalinda didn't interact on-screen for two or three seasons... That had an effect on the show. It doesn't NOW, since Kalinda is gone...

I've always liked Margulies as an actress, and she doesn't come off like a total diva in interviews (or the Paley panel I saw recently), but... Yeah.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Definitely understandable that conspiracy theorists would go there, but since we DO still see Alicia with the others on occasion (though more often as adversaries than friends, sure), I think it's probably a bit MORE likely that this is the Kings' choice than it is another JM ultimatum.

But I agree with you... While the separation served a purpose in making Alicia do something different for awhile... I would RATHER see her back with the others now...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good to have Cary working with Alicia in this one since we were just talking about wanting that... And then there's an attempt to 'put the band back together', but Alicia stubbornly says no...

Good Morning, Magic Sunshine was catchy, indeed. Hope to see the whole video... Lillard was fun here.

Grace vs. the HOA was fun. Mom came off bitchy in firing her.

Good to see Marissa again.

Kelly Bishop had been on the show before, but as a different character. Was delighted to see her, then bummed that she had so little to do.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, she was terrible to Marissa in that first visit. Not immediately - good hug, small talk, you think 'oh, good, Alicia's not going to let her feelings for Eli carry over to...' but Marissa just MENTIONS her Dad, and Alicia changes completely.

I did buy Eli telling Marissa, though. And I don't know Lucca well enough to think anything she does might be uncharacteristic - she's still pretty 'could be anybody'...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think Alicia and Will only almost dated in law school, but didn't actually get together then.

I liked Will. He was occasionally dickish, but I understood their love for each other. And yeah, Eli's betrayal over the voicemail IS a big deal, but... It's not like Alicia and Will didn't really get a chance because of it. Their affair came later. They had their time. It was delayed, but it wasn't like things would have been THAT different if Alicia heard the 'I love you' right then.

Still wonder what Will was calling to say just before his death...

Tgir, you think Alicia and Peter will be back together 'for real' at some point, right? I don't agree with that. I think that would be a really weird place to end it (and whether or not there is a Season 8, let's say the end of 7 is 'the end' and if there's more, that's an epilogue or a long PS...).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Kings are going to end the story they set out to tell about Alicia at the end of 7 - so, there are 10 episodes left.

CBS might want a Season 8, so they aren't going to kill off any major characters, and whoever takes over COULD undo whatever status quo they leave off with, but I doubt they would change things TOO much...

I'd say it's about 50/50 whether or not Alicia rejoins the others or stays off on her own. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked at either one, but the story SEEMS to be leaning more towards 'no reunion'.

Despite the show's title, I don't think 'Peter or not?' is a question the show HAS to answer... Right now, I think 'things continue as they are' is probably the likeliest route - they're married, but not really 'together'... followed by a decision to divorce... I don't see a chance of a true romantic partnership between them happening. That feels only slightly more plausible to me than an Alicia/David Lee or Alicia/Louis Canning romantic endgame.

Romance and/or sex with Jason seems likely, but if 7 ends with them together, I think it's a very temporary 'the end' because they won't have JDM next season.

It does seem like they might be looking towards a political future for Alicia, but... I don't know. Critical and fan reaction has also been, I think, so against that, and though she clearly got wrapped up in the campaign as it went along and was no longer as reluctant as she'd been originally... All of the dirty ugly stuff that happened, would, I'd think, have been enough of a turn-OFF to running for another office...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I do agree that Peter and Alicia love each other.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: