Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Good Wife; Season 7
Topic Started: Oct 5 2015, 06:02 PM (2,492 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
He looks different enough, but his voice should have been unmistakable... It was fun that he got to say some very 'Alan Spaulding' things...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Damn I missed him. What role was he playing?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The guy running the college.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, geeze....

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought he looked familiar.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Whups. Something was nagging me, and that's it!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
A fine time for the goofball NSA guys to start listening in again, but as careful as we saw Dellenger being, it's hard to believe they were successfully tracking HIS calls (from Iceland)...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not so fond of this episode. The NSA story has never really gelled for me and it just doesn't make sense that Peter rigged that election. I don't like Eli's singleminded obsession with manipulating Margo, who I think is being seriously underused. And I am tired of watching two unconnected shows: the Alicia show, and the Lockhart, Agos, Lee show.

This episode is getting a lot of praise so I must be cranky.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was not that impressed either.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I also am not a fan of the disconnect. I miss seeing Diane. Yes, we see her but not enough. Eli seems headed for a serious fall. I could do without the NSA stuff all day long. Big agree that it makes no sense that Peter would have rigged the election. I like Margo's character well enough but the actress is always better in smaller doses. It isn't that what she does isn't good--it is but it's only the one thing and well, too much is just not good. I'm satisfied with the amount we see her. Would like to see Luca become a more fully realized character instead of being Alicia's only friend and side kick.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I enjoyed tonight's (I want a driver-less car), but I'm confused about the end... It's presented as a 'win' since the mystery was maybe possibly solved, but if Alicia and Lucca's client was in on the suspected hack, then that's BAD for their side (though worse, perhaps, for Cary and Diane's guy). It seemed like only Louis was REALLY 'winning' (and was he absent from the last couple deposition scenes? Odd).

I also don't get something (retroactively) about last week's now. The threat that Eli's betrayal of Peter and Peter's knowing about the voting machine tampering... What put the cap on that? I thought that bomb was set to go off...

Loved Joey Slotnick's genius tech asshole. Some of his stuff was very much like Miguel Ferrer's Albert on Twin Peaks, lines like "I don't believe in thank yous. I find them a remnant of a hypocritical society"...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They really are taking things right out of the headlines, the driverless car for instance. I'd love one as well but the whole concept is a little scary to..

I can't believe they have Peter vetoing the bill on physician assisted suicide. He supposed to be a Democratic governor. The other thing that kills me is somebody I think last week was talking about them being John and Jackie Kennedy in the meantime he's 20 years older then John Kennedy was when he was running. Chris Noth is pushing 60 years old and it's by no mean a young candidate. I can't stand Peter any how and I can't believe that Alicia invited him to have sex. It's also hard to believe that a man that age could perform on immediate notice. Especially with all that chaos in the background. However if he really had been not romancing anyone else perhaps that would do it

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chris Noth just turned 61.

Yeah, Peter isn't acting like a Democrat by any means. Re: JFK/Jackie references. Both Peter and Alicia are very attractive and Alicia could be reminiscent of a young Jackie O, strictly on looks. Earlier they were making a much more heavy handed connection between the Floricks and the Obamas, so aside from very attractive couple, and both the wives are lawyers, not much resemblance.

As odd as it seems, I like Peter at least as much as I like Alicia. The extent to which I like Alicia is almost entirely tied to how much I like Julianna Margulies but then, the only real reason I like Peter is because I like Chris Noth.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Can someone remind me: Does The Good Wife end after this season?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kinda presumed it will, but CBS has made no announcements of that.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked this week's. I was on Cary & Diane's side.

No show this upcoming Sunday, but there will be one on 12/13.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My VCR cut off the last couple minutes of the show. What happened when eli told Alicia about the investigation at the very last couple minutes?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nothing, really. That was the end.

"He has a personal file on you. He has looked into your past."

She closes the door on him without speaking.
Camera zooms in on Eli. (Music from the start of the episode starts playing again)
Camera zooms in on Alicia's door and peephole.
Alicia in kitchen, just standing there, thinking. She closes her eyes.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2015/12/vatican-city-drama-female-papal-spokeperson-good-wife-creators-michelle-robert-king-scott-free-amazon-1201652322/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
That was a good one.

Last scene... Yeah, Eli probably ought not to have confessed that...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I loved the arc stuff but just hated the CotW. Ughhh.

Eli shouldn't have, but I do like that they did it, and set it up that he would want to after all this time. I'm getting a little worried that Eli might not make it out of S7.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am also worried about Eli.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
People at PTV in general are snarky - they loved Eli's confession, but point out that Alicia had years after that phone call to work something out with Will. I think they forget that the phone call was in repsonse to an ultimatum she'd given, and since A) she thinks he blew it off and B) he thinks she made a decision based on the call-----they sort of stuck themselves in limbo, since they both assume the relationship from that point on is somehow 2nd rate from the other's POV.

I hadn't thought of it at the time, but if Alicia cuts Eli out of her life, then she is isolated from just about everyone and we have essentially two parallel shows in one - not good. People are seeing major conspiracies in this, suggesting JM is a royal bitca.

People really hated the CotW - Plus----I agree KSR was a dumb way to restate the BTK killer acronym. Kill first, then sedate and rape? lol

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really and truly disliked Will and hated Alicia/Will. He's dead and it's always easy to see/remember only the good and not the bad when someone you loved or thought you loved is dead. But he was a lousy human being, imo.

I still think that a Alicia and Peter reunion is the long game.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The K was for kidnap.

Eli deleting the voice mail (season one finale/two premiere) put Will & Alicia into a holding pattern, but it didn't keep them from getting together, as the affair was still to come... But yes. Time was wasted, and the interference IS pretty super-unforgivable... I get Alicia's rage, absolutely.

I can't understand why JM would want to be separated from the rest, but... Definitely, the Punjabi stuff was all on her...

Hope Jason isn't gone for the next 'two months', unless we're jumping ahead in time... I've read that JDMorgan isn't going to be seen on Walking Dead until the finale, so that shouldn't be a huge conflict...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ah... kidnap... Silly PTV posters. I should know better.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I couldn't stand Will either, but I didn't get why Eli would tell her this at this time in Their relationship. I certainly hope JM is not such a bitch that you can't work with anybody on the show

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think the reason he told her was a combination of two things (neither of which is really about Alicia, and both of which are selfish):

1. He'd been feeling guilty, and just like a cheater, true guilt wants to be unburdened even if, in fact, it's better not to know.

2. He is sad that VW is out of his life and he thinks that he now 'understands' Alicia's pain and (subconsciously) wants sympathy from her. The subtext is "I know how you feel about Will now because hey me too feeling the sad feelings."

Honesty after the fact looks a lot like selfishness a lot of times.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Entertaining episode. However my husband is from Iowa and I've been there a hundred times at least and neither one of us have ever heard of a loose meat sandwich. They were accurate as to the flatness and dullness of the geography and the way the little towns all look alike. I wonder what they are thinking with Alicia's popularity, will they have her run instead of Peter?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
CBS at press tour today... if there's a Season 8 (they haven't decided yet), the Kings will supervise but not run it... they're ready to move on and will have finished the seven season story they set out to tell, but won't, you know, end things in such a way that it can't continue without them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: