Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
~Days of Our Lives Spoilers & Discussion~; Month of October
Topic Started: Sep 30 2015, 08:21 AM (1,006 Views)
2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spoilers for the Week of October 5th

Monday October 5:
Victor and Roman try to convince Kayla to allow the experimental drug to be used on Caroline.
Rafe rips into Eduardo for essentially putting a bounty on Chad’s head.

Tuesday October 6:
Theresa and Brady fear something is wrong with Tate.
Chad and Stefano come up with a plan to flush out Clyde.
Stress over Chad’s predicament takes its toll on Abigail, who suffers a health crisis.

Wednesday October 7:
Aiden realizes there may be another way for him to pay off his debts.
Steve returns to Salem with disturbing news about Bo.

Thursday October 8:
Will uncovers key evidence regarding the Necktie Killer.
Aiden finally exacts payback against Clyde.

Friday October 9:
The Necktie Killer claims another victim!
Lucas supports Adrienne through a tough time.
Gabi and JJ develop a connection

-Stefano and Andre work together to clear Chad’s name.

-Steve runs into danger when he looks for clues on Bo’s whereabouts.

-Chad and Abigail share a fraught moment as he wonders why she keeps helping him.

-JJ tries to trap Clyde.

-Aiden admits to Hope that he has lied yet again.

-Bo struggles to keep the truth from his captors.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Gabi and JJ develop a connection
NOOOOOOOO! On the bright side, I saw someone saying her return is supposed to be short term.

It was nice of the new writers to give KDP some decent material before they gave her the boot. She's turning in some strong performances, and I'm rarely a fan of all the crying on soaps.

It's odd to me that the show spent a day showing why Kayla and Steve love each other but haven't done anything that I can think of for Justin and Adrienne. Am I supposed to be rooting for them? I actually like her chemistry with Lucas better.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
In all fairness,they did a flashback day for them the day of their divorce. It was nothing like Steve and Kayla's but they didn't have the popularity that they did either. I'm with you, i like her better with Lucas! KDP is doing an awesome job, i hope this opens doors for her to find work elsewhere, she is worthy!

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: The walls close in on Chad!

Chad is now in hiding and he begins to track down anything that can help clear his name from the murders. He decides to retrace his steps on the day that Paige was murdered. Chad finds clothes in the cabin so that he can disguise himself and start this life or jail journey. He knows that there is a homeless man that tried to steal his watch so he goes on a mission to find him.

Abby stops by every now and again but Chad tries to distance himself from her. He loves her but doesn't understand why she is helping him. He tries to push her away for her own safety.

Even though he's trying to retrace his steps, he's well aware of the police on his tail so he is trying to work quickly. The police do find out where he was staying and with no money and his inability to use his credit cards, he turns to the person who can help....Dad!

Chad thought that Stefano was setting him up but realizes that he's not. He's also aware of the fact that Stefano has a lot of resources that could help him so he contacts him.

The question is....Will Stefano be willing to help Chad?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Andre was fun on Wednesday. Thaao Penghlis got to do his thing more than he did on Friday's show....but they're driving me crazy putting him in that wrinkly, old jacket, lol.

Caroline going through the laundry list of all the troubles with her kids and grandkids to "Shawn" in the mirror made me chuckle.

Shouldn't Marlena have some bruises around her neck??? Ben threw her around the room like she was a rag doll.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The last time Days was number 1 in the soap ratings was when Steve and Kayla wed on the boat during the summer of 1988. After that Y&R dominated week to week. Justin and Adrienne have been treated like an afterthought for a long time. When they got married again it was off screen also.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I definitely like more than I dont on the show right now. Sure there are a few things I would like to see or change but overall its good! KDP is on fire right now, I do hope she gets a supporting actress Emmy nod out of this. Its easily among the best performances daytime has offered up this year. I like Wally Kurth, Bryan Datillo not so much, but I do agree Adrienne and Lucas have the better chemistry.

Hair and wardrobe need to step it up, there have been some weird looks going on lately. Nicoles hair the other day looked like a bad pixie cut crossed with helmet head. Maybe they are putting the whole hair/wardrobe budget toward the costumes for the theme party for the anniversary?!?

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Steve gets bad news about Bo

Steve gets a break in his search for Bo when he finds the cell that Bo was being held captive. He finds the pills that Bo was supposed to have taken smashed up and he believes that this is something that Bo would do. Steve finds dried blood on the cell floor and then an armed guard catches him. Steve overpowers the guard and gets out of there quickly.

Even though he got out quickly, Steve gained some valuable information about Bo. SN says, "Steve is even more determined because the guard divulges that Bo was being tortured for information". Steve then comes across a camera that was in the cell where Bo was at and he tracks down where the video room is for this. He finds a tape in which Bo is dead (at least that's what Steve deduces)

Steve returns home, despondent and believing that his best friend is dead. What he doesn't realize is that Bo is barely alive in a new secret location. Bo undergoes "grueling torture." Bo won't give up the wanted information that his captors wants so badly.

When Steve is back in Salem, he tells Victor his sad news and tells him not to tell Hope yet......

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Aiden betrays Hope's trust

This week, Aiden digs more into Clyde's past. A piece of information that he has about Clyde gets confirmed. Aiden wants to get Clyde off his back so he meets with Roman and passes him some information that's incriminating. Aiden asks Roman to keep this between them but Roman ends up telling Hope. Hope then confronts Aiden about this and asks him why he lied to her. Hope begins to wonder if Aiden is in deeper trouble than he's telling her about and is beyond the money issues. Aiden tells Hope that he lied to protect her and that children because of Clyde's history and dangerous nature.

Aiden then begins to talk about their wedding to divert her attention. DC says, "There is still more to be revealed about Aiden."

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Oct 2 2015, 03:53 AM
Nicoles hair the other day looked like a bad pixie cut crossed with helmet head. Maybe they are putting the whole hair/wardrobe budget toward the costumes for the theme party for the anniversary?!?
I know what day you're talking about, lol. Some days Abigail's hair has a wet mop look going on that isn't very flattering. Maybe they have to do there own hair and make-up on occasion?

At least they put Andre in a better looking jacket on Friday's show. I still think Andre is up to something we're not yet aware of but he's being rather tame at the moment.

KDP is still breaking my cold, little heart, though I had to FF some of those funeral scenes. I did enjoy her screaming at everyone after the funeral service.
Edited by bilki, Oct 6 2015, 09:36 AM.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spoilers for Week of Oct. 12TH

Monday October 12:
Chad realizes who’s been framing him for murder.
Sami returns to Salem!
In Paris, Sonny is affected by Will’s message and decides to go home.

Tuesday October 13:
Andre puts Aiden in a tough position.
Marlena and Lucas express deep concern over Sami’s behavior.

Wednesday October 14:
Theresa fights to make sure Kate doesn’t shut her out at Basic Black.
Nicole breaks disappointing news to Eric.

Thursday October 15:
Pushed over the edge, Sami tries to commit murder!
Paul helps John with his search into the past.
Sonny has an emotional reunion with Adrienne and Justin.

Friday October 16:
Rafe unknowingly questions the real Necktie Killer as he tries to clear Chad’s name.
Sonny and Paul have a fraught encounter.
Stefano blames Abigail for what’s happened to Chad.

-The latest murder victim hits close to home for Rafe and Hope.
-Chad finds himself in a life-threatening situation.
-Rafe and Hope discover even more evidence linking Chad to the murders.
-Sami is overwhelmed with memories of the past.
-Marlena continues to defend Chad’s innocence.
-Stefano makes a heartfelt plea to Chad.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL yep I've noticed the wet stringy mop look too! I miss the good ol' days of soaps when it seemed like everyone looked perfect and not a hair out of place. Maybe that is 20/20 hindsight or maybe its just that was before the invention of hi-def....who knows lol.

I missed most of Fridays show for breaking news (some local politician had to take an hour to declare he wasnt taking bribes just in time for the upcoming election) I did see KDPs post funeral railing at everyone, she really is great during all this. Reminds me of some of her great OLTL moments and how good of an actress she is when given decent material, something she hasnt had for a LONG time.

Looking forward to the return of Sami. She was way overused for so long that I got sick of her but shes been gone long enough now that I do miss her and welcome a visit.

The JJ/Clyde stuff is silly and needs to end.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

(some local politician had to take an hour to declare he wasnt taking bribes just in time for the upcoming election)
Wait, are you in the Columbus, Ohio area?

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Oct 7 2015, 10:10 AM
Quote:

(some local politician had to take an hour to declare he wasnt taking bribes just in time for the upcoming election)
Wait, are you in the Columbus, Ohio area?
yep :) gotta love our mayoral race lol

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They're all self-serving liars, lol.

Chad mocking Andre was so funny. Billy Flynn is really growing on me. Please, please, please let the show take advantage of having 2 of its stronger actors involved in a sibling rivalry.

I'm just not willing to sit through scenes of a baby crying if I don't have to, so I have no idea what was going on with little Tate.
Edited by bilki, Oct 7 2015, 11:46 PM.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree on all counts!

I think Tate has colic I ffed most of the crying scenes as well but I did hear that part. Not really sure how they came to that conclusion though. I cant deal with screaming babies/kids either, makes my skin crawl.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Sami Returns!

Sami was already coming home and received the news that her oldest son was murdered. She was on a layover in Chicago and was able to get to Salem quickly so when she walks into the Police station, she is already aware that Will is dead.

She says that Sami must now deal with burying another child. She already lost Grace in 2009. AS says that Sami is in shock , "but it's so much emotion that she is numb to it. Some of the other characters in town were saying quite early on that they aren't seeing any tears from Sami and she seems so composed and that can't bode well for anybody." She's very focused in the first few episodes. She breaks down when she goes to Will's apartment and seeing the outline of where his body was found. After this, she sees something come across the tablet that says that Chad is the main suspect and that he's in the hospital. So Sami is Sami here, she has a plan to go to the hospital to kill Chad. She gets a pillow to smother him and her Mom stops her .

As if this wasn't enough, she then gets a message from EJ! The priest at the church gives her a Bible that has a Bible verse highlighted. There is also a letter from EJ that Marlena did not forward to Sami. Everyone seems suspicious of this...everyone but Sami. Sami now sees this as a clue and she feels the need to go and look for EJ. "If there's a chance that EJ is alive, she wants to do something about it."

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Brush with Death...Guy Wilson interview!

He found out about being written out in March. It was about a week after FS left.

He was called by one of the Executive Producers who told him the news. "He acknowledged that this was not news he was happy to share, nor was this direction in the story a product of his own design, that he was merely the messenger, and I believed him." GW says.

He wasn't given a reason why he was being written out. He talked about the show getting a facelift and that the people who were being killed by the Necktie Killer, was all about business. There were no issues with any of them. Guy says, "It was all purely business, and it was all in an effort to revitalize the show and create story space to bring back some iconic characters like Bo and Patch." He was happy to know that he did nothing wrong.

He really loved Days and felt like it was truly his second family. He was sad knowing that this part of his career was coming to a close. He wanted to stay on the show longer.

There was talk among the actors when there was new writers in of what was going to happen. There were already some that had been written off...he mentioned the character of Xander.

He said that it wasn't difficult keeping this secret. One of the things he enjoyed most about working on a soap was the twists of a storyline and then "being able to vicariously experience the thrill of the fans when these things happen, and then being able to take part in it via social media." This is one thing that he'll share with his fans on Twitter. He didn't want to talk about it because he wanted the drama build.

When rumors about Will's death began to surface he was frustrated because the writers had built up to "cataclysmic events". He thought that a lot had been leaked. In the end, he didn't have a hard time keeping quiet.

He had noticed a change in his character last year and was frustrated about that. In his opinion, he felt that Will had gone down a black hole with his cheating on Sonny and felt that this was good because it's good drama. He then became, in his mind, "a one dimensional and unyielding with this selfishness and the self righteousness." He had believed that Will was a rich character before this. He thought that his actions were interesting and had hoped that the writers would have explored this.

He didn't think what would happen to Will after Sami left. He was sad that she left because she was one of his best friends and felt that she brought out the best in his talent. He wasn't worried about his place in Salem because CS' Paul was there and he had hoped for a love triangle. His hope was believing that the writers would have dove into this part of marriage and wrote about why Will did what he did. He felt that this was not explored.

He was a little concerned about things when FS decided to leave. He had always felt that Will was a rich character and that he could go on with Sonny. At first, he didn't worry about the character of Will because Paul was still there. He thought that between that and his career as a writer, that there was some good story there. The new writers didn't go in that direction.

He's most proud of the wedding and all that it brought. He also appreciated Paul's coming out and the part he had in that too. He was proud that he could show a true life example of what it means to be gay on TV. He felt that they showed a relationship between two people and not just a love story.

His experience taught him this..."Stamina. When I say stamina, I'm talking about creative stamina. When you do a new episode every day, it is an opportunity, and also an obligation, to really search within yourself for whatever the given story is, to bring to life the given story for whatever day you're working."

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Ben puts Chad in a coma!

Will's death is a difficult time for Chad as he is feeling shocked and confused. But, Chad puts the pieces together and realizes that it's BEN who is the necktie killer! Chad goes to confront Ben and they end up in a brutal fight. "Now that Chad knows who the killer is, his top priority is protecting Abigail" BF says. The fight, however, puts Chad in the hospital where he slips into a coma.

To take the suspicion off of himself, Ben weaves a story where Chad attacked him and that he acted in self defense. Everyone still believes that Chad is the killer!

Chad's father spends time with him and promises to protect him. Sami, however, had different plans...she wants to kill Chad!

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Freddie Smith's "Emotional " Days Comeback

After he finished in March, he had a "very top" secret conversation where he was told what was going to happen. He was shocked that Will was being killed off. He says, "I was shocked. It was the last thing I would have imagined. But I also knew that it was going to be a great story."

He says that when he returned after a few weeks that it felt like he had just spent a long weekend away. He worked with several actors and he "went from set to set with different characters, talking about Will's death and bawling our eyes out."

The mood was somber and emotional. He said that there wasn't much talking in between scenes and that people were respecting other's space. This went for the crew too. "It was a hard week of work, but we were telling a great story.", FS went on to say. He was happy that he was called back for this part of the story. He went on to say that it was odd not being there without GW. It made things real for him.

Talked briefly about the film he shot, wrote and directed called "Hiker, The Movie".

He will be back for 4 episodes beginning on October 12th. Says that he would come back. (He doesn't say for long term or short term.)

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: To tell the Truth..the Alison Sweeney interview

She was angry when she found out that Will was being killed. She was hurt and betrayed and didn't want to be a part of this because she was so upset over this. She felt like she went through the 5 stages of grief with this and then came to terms with it. "I haven't seen every scene that Will has done that put them in this situation, but I think there are other ways they could have handled it. It breaks my heart that there is no Will anymore. There have been a lot of storylines that I haven't agreed with, but I always understood the motive behind them and the value of getting the audience riled. up. I'm a company girl and I've always been super supportive of that. But this particular story point is something that I just don't agree with and I didn't from the moment they told me. I don't understand why they did it."

She felt that Will was a legacy character. The character of will has been there since 1994 (according to AS) and has been on canvas since then in some way. She felt that he was written into a corner toward the end but it was heartbreaking. She was sad to have to play out those scenes. She said that it was difficult to keep things together and then having to let go when she was in Will's apartment. She was nervous reading the scripts and had a difficult time even acting those scenes. She noted that everyone was affected by this, including the crew.

She is invested into the possibility of EJ being alive. "I went in knowing that not all of the fans are going to be thrilled and I get that, but Rafe and Lucas are staying in Salem and they've moved on and they have other relationships. I hope that their fans are excited and remember Sami's time with them fondly, but for me, the idea of giving the hope that there's a happily ever after for Sami off camera was worth fighting for, I was so thrilled it was being rewritten." She went on to say that Sami has had such loss in the past year with EJ and Will that the idea of EJ being back was something that she was going grab and run with.

We will see more of Sami. There are whispers of "Easter eggs" that EJ left for her so will see her fairly soon.

She loved seeing and working with everyone once again. She adores the crew and was so happy to see them. She was thrilled to visit.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sad today!!! Can't wait for Ben to get his!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks 2buddy!

Havent watched yesterday or today yet but it does sound like some really good stuff coming up.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's refreshing to hear how Ali Sweeney really feels about the show killing off Will. I wonder if we'd gotten such honesty if she was still a contract player.

I was surprised to see a flashback of Victor kissing Caroline. Where was Shawn when that happened???

Many at PreTV were assuming Will would find evidence of Ben being the Necktie Killer and go confront him, rather than go to the police with the information. They were all wrong, lol.

Andre basically called Ben a fool in the scene right before Ben catches Will with the tie. Are the writers mocking their own serial killer? Sounds like it, lol. It's ridiculous that he'd hide the tie in that kind of trash basket.

I haven't watched Friday's show, yet, but I'm not sure I'll wait until Monday morning.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, Victor and Caroline had an affair while she was married to Shawn (and along came Bo). They had some close moments together thru the years even before she revealed the big secret to Bo just when he was going to kill Victor.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, that's interesting! Lots of history between Caroline and Victor that I wasn't aware of. Thanks, 2buddy!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Poor Will. The scene with Will wanting to get out the door and ended with Ben throwing him against the refrigerator was pretty creepy. Kudos to both actors because I usually think they both suck.

I'm assuming this was done as a grab for ratings, as it wasn't necessary to have Will killed off. While the show is in better shape, I'm not sure it's actually good enough to keep people watching for long. Maybe they think Alison Sweeney's presence will hold people for a couple months?

Anyways, I'm happy to have Sami back for as long as it lasts. I miss all of Sweeney's screeching, lol.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I never thought I would miss her screeching but I do too. I'm not sure if its her specifically or just that the show got so dull when she left that it just feels like it was her I was missing. I'm glad shes back either way for a least a little bit.

It does feel like a ratings grab but I'm assuming they think the audience will stay around with all the old faces returning and the anniversary celebration coming up. I agree its wasnt necessary to kill Will but I wont miss Guy Wilson, I'd probably be way more upset if it was still Chandler Massey smirks and all.

Kinda bummed we didnt get a scene of Marlena actually hearing the news. It has been pretty well played so far otherwise though.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spoilers for the Week of October 19th

Monday October 19:
Salem mourns one of its most beloved citizens during a heartbreaking funeral.
Sami makes a decision about EJ’s letter.
Steve questions Caroline about her visions of Bo, hoping she can provide a clue to her son’s whereabouts.

Tuesday October 20:
Ben admits to someone he’s the Necktie Killer!
Rafe tries to ignore his feelings for Hope by turning his attention to another woman in town.

Wednesday October 21:
Aiden takes the first steps to carry out his deadly plot.

Thursday October 22:
Sonny says good-bye to Salem once again.
Abigail visits Chad in the hospital, still conflicted over whether or not he’s innocent.
Adrienne blows up at Justin when she feels he’s trying to control her life.

Friday October 23:
Shawn returns to Salem to find Hope and Aiden celebrating their upcoming wedding.
Steve and Bo are finally reunited – but not under the best circumstances.
Jennifer and Abigail balk at JJ’s new career choice.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The thing that annoyed me was Hope calling Lucas to come meet her at an active crime scene. But I guess "dramatic license" and all that jazz.

Sami showing up there at the station to find Marlena pulled at my cold, little heart, especially after reading how Sweeney felt about the show killing off Will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Days of our Lives · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: