Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Watching and Sampling; Plans to view, pilot samplings 2015-2016 season
Topic Started: Sep 14 2015, 10:38 PM (5,882 Views)
2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Got a chuckle out of the end of the series finale of Nashville. Have you watched it yet Dax?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nah, I'll watch it tomorrow. I did run across a spoiler on Facebook, but I'm okay with it (both getting a little bit spoiled, and what the thing is..).

Looks like there's a more-than-fair chance Lionsgate will find a new home for it, but cliffhanging a bit is more helpful to that cause than 'happy ending' would have been.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was not sure what the Preacher was about but I taped it anyhow and boy was it weird. However there was something about it that I almost liked so I'm going to try one more and decide.

I have one more of the Night Manager to go and I'm sorry that it will be over but I hope it has a decent ending.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
The plans for Nashville...

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/nashville-series-finale-why-the-creator-and-lead-studio-decided-to-end-on-the-julietteavery-cliffhanger/2016/05/26/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nashville finale fine but oh-so-rushed and compact, having to tick off so many boxes...

Happy Maddie went home, happy about Gunnar/Scarlet, Layla had to be exposed (but I still kinda fell for her), Juliette had to come clean...

Creeper producer didn't quite look old enough to have victimized Rayna when she was Maddie's age... Surprised Rayna didn't ask Deacon if the guy was dead now...

Think and hope they'll get a second life.

Funny, though, my just-moved-to-Nashville friend reports that stagehands he spoke to there were happy the show was canceled, as they don't think it paints a fair portrait of their city, and the newbies-coming-to-Nashville (um, like my friend...) are out of control, and perhaps some were driven to do so because of the soap...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Preacher was mostly confusing to me but I enjoyed it enough to watch more.

I forgot to record the last episode of The Night Manager. After reading a review of the episode, I still haven't decided if I want to sit through the commercials while watching it OnDemand.

Mostly watching Spiral on NetFlix, which is a French crime drama. Not usually my type of show but I'm really enjoying it.

I see Season 2 of Bloodline is now available on NetFlix. I'll probably watch a couple episodes but not sure I'll make it through the full season.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.vox.com/2016/6/1/11669730/tv-deaths-character-best

On the overpopulation of character deaths, something Ned Stark seemed to really get going...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We watched the first Preacher and I think I'll try one more it's kind of iffy. My husband dislikes so many shows even more than me and I don't like very many that right now the only show I am taping is the Americans. So I'm making him go on to Netflix and try some shows we haven't watched to tide us over anyways.

We did finish the Night Manager and I liked the finale so I would recommend watching it. I do have two of the Last Panthers left but I don't know if we will watch them.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Episode 5 of The Last Panthers was the best episode, I thought. Episode 6 was good and I was mostly happy with how they tied it all up. It was a bit of a bloodbath.

With so little to watch on Sunday night, I ended up watching Preacher again. I think I enjoyed it more on the second viewing.

Cleverman begins on Sundance channel tonight. I'm intrigued by the concept.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hm. I like Ser Jorah...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My husband still hasn't decided if he wants to watch the last two of the last Panthers. Right now we are watching season 3 of Orphan Black. My husband is a ssigned to get on to Netflix and see what we can watch., or rather what he will agree to watch. We also watched the first of season 2 bloodline hand I am going to watch that and I hope he will as well

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ausiello says it's looking really good for Nashville 5 being picked up by CMT, should be official tomorrow...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Has anybody ever watched Life, or Battle Creek? Since I signed my husband to get on to Netflix he found these two and we watched two of life but one of Battle Creek so far. Battle Creek is a little bit dippy, but Life is not too bad having some great actors.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have "Life" on my list - to - see - someday.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Heard good things about Life, but didn't watch it.

Only watched the first (maybe the second..?) of Battle Creek. Not terrible, but not necessary, either. I like Dean Winters in everything, and Aubrey Dollar (one of the Marinas on GL) is very pretty, and I liked seeing Damon Herriman (Dewey Crowe) in something else... but it wasn't anything special. Fun backstory, that it was created by Vince Gilligan years and years ago and sat on a slush pile, but then CBS said 'hey, we could do this' and then they did. And then House MD guy David Shore ran it. And now Shore's working with Bryan Cranston on upcoming Amazon series Sneaky Pete, and I think that's fun.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jun 7 2016, 05:40 PM
Ausiello says it's looking really good for Nashville 5 being picked up by CMT, should be official tomorrow...
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/nashville-renewed-for-5th-season/

Looks like it happened!! :cheers1:

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is anyone watching Wayward Pines? I think this season is better than the last one. They have gone beyond the books and are sort of winging it.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Watch the first one of The Night Of and thought it was terrific

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Haven't watched it yet, but will get to it on Thursday...

(Oh. Can retire 'new business' in this thread... Use this one for any from-last-season shows we might still be finishing, but something new like The Night Of goes in this year's 'Summer Viewing', 'til I start a new one of these in September...)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok, was not sure.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · TV News & Misc. · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: