Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Watching and Sampling; Plans to view, pilot samplings 2015-2016 season
Topic Started: Sep 14 2015, 10:38 PM (4,457 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
That time again.

Haven't seen the TV Guide, but the EW fall preview special is good, big, and has a good alphabetical listing of everything in the back...

I watch these -

The Affair 2 (Showtime)
American Horror Story 5 (FX)
The Blacklist 3 (NBC)
Bob's Burgers 6 (Fox)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine 3 (Fox)
Empire 2 (Fox)
Family Guy 14 (Fox)
Fargo 2 (FX)
The Good Wife 7 (CBS)
Gotham 2 (Fox)
Grey's Anatomy 12 (ABC)
Homeland 5 (Showtime)
How to Get Away with Murder 2 (ABC)
iZombie 2 (CW)
Jane the Virgin 2 (CW)
The Last Man on Earth 2 (Fox)
The Leftovers 2 (HBO)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 3 (ABC)
The Mindy Project 4 (Hulu)
Modern Family 7 (ABC)
Nashville 4 (ABC)
Once Upon a Time 5 (ABC)
The Returned (Sundance)
Saturday Night Live 41 (NBC)
Scandal 5 (ABC)
The Simpsons 27 (Fox)
South Park 19 (Comedy Central)
Survivor 31 (CBS)
The Walking Dead 6 (AMC)

I am pre-sold on these new shows -

Ash vs. Evil Dead (Starz)
The Bastard Executioner (FX)
Flesh and Bone (Starz - 8 part mini-series)
Into the Badlands (AMC)
Man in the High Castle (Amazon)
Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix)
The Muppets (ABC)
Red Oaks (Amazon)
Scream Queens (Fox)

Will sample these...

Code Black (CBS) - Good cast, looks to be done well, but I'm not looking for a medical show... A friend did a lot of background work on it...

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW) - Sounds fun.

Dr. Ken (ABC) - I like him, but multi-cam... No, I'm sure. But I can watch the first one.

Supergirl (CBS) - She's hot.

--

How about you?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I watch these -

American Horror Story 5 (FX)
Empire 2 (Fox)
Fargo 2 (FX)
The Good Wife 7 (CBS)
Grey's Anatomy 12 (ABC)
Homeland 5 (Showtime)
How to Get Away with Murder 2 (ABC)
iZombie 2 (CW)
The Leftovers 2 (HBO)
Modern Family 7 (ABC)
Saturday Night Live 41 (NBC)
Scandal 5 (ABC)
South Park 19 (Comedy Central)
Survivor 31 (CBS) - maybe
The Walking Dead 6 (AMC)
Fear The Walking Dead (AMC)
Madam Secretary (CBS)
The Big Bang Theory (CBS
NCIS (CBS)
Person of Interest (CBS)
Mom (CBS)
2 Broke Girls (CBS)
Bones (Fox)
The League (FX)

I am pre-sold on these new shows -

Limitless (CBS)
Code Black (CBS)
Supergirl (CBS)

--

Not sure what I forgot but I'm sure I have forgotten some.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't list any midseason (such as Person of Interest...).

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 15 2015, 10:52 AM
I didn't list any midseason (such as Person of Interest...).
Wasn't sure what was midseason so I threw it in. ;) Hubby and I were just talking about not seeing any commercials for it so I had a feeling it was midseason.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Some shows I'll only see when I have free premium channels, so I'm not sure how I should do my list. What do you think?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Watching now / Will watch someday

(I'm unlikely to watch the Amazon shows in a timely fashion, but more 'one of these days'...)

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to sample The Bastard Executioner but I kinda doubt it will be my thing.

The Muppets
Survivor
The Walking Dead
Doctor Who, if I can find it somewhere.
Marvel's Jessica Jones

Not sure what Into the Badlands is but because it's on AMC I'll probably give it a try.

Don't know if I'll make it through another season but I'll give The Leftovers another try, as I've heard it's changing its setting.
Edited by bilki, Sep 15 2015, 11:56 PM.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Eventually DW ends up on Netflix, but it takes a year to get there.

My list for right now...not HBO/Starz/Showtime

Returning:
Empire, Finding Carter, Doctor Who, iZombie, Arrow, Flash, Jane the Virgin, Nashville, The Voice, DWTS, Survivor, SNL,(that's what I recall from memory probably are more I didn't think of right now.) I somewhat keep up with Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder, but don't watch closely enough to blog/discuss. Already watching Great British Bakeoff Show on PBS (is rerun from 2013 though never saw it here.)

For new shows:

The Muppets (100% no doubt will watch)
Everything else I'm interested in don't have the channel so will only see eventually. Otherwise will just sample things.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki, aren't you in for Fargo?...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Neil Patrick Harris variety show was silly.

Haven't gotten to Bastard Executioner yet (tomorrow night, probably), but Mom called to report Two Thumbs Up from she and Dad. Now Dad wants my SOA discs (I don't have 6 or 7 yet, but the first five will keep them busy for awhile...). I DO think they'll like it, but Dad dropped out of it the first time around (too early, only 2 or 3 hours in, and I think it didn't really 'pop' 'til 1.4, the Patch Over one...), citing 'unrealistic' to biker culture and that too many bullets didn't connect with their targets (true, but that fell under acceptable suspension of disbelief to me...).

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The 3 reviews I read for The Bastard Executioner weren't exactly flattering. Didn't Sepinwall give it a C-? But I used those reviews to help me get a better grasp on what was happening, as it wasn't holding my undivided attention. I think I'll go back and re-watch the last half hour before the new episode on Tuesday.

I know I was in the minority but I thought Fargo S1 was mediocre at best. I'll watch the first episode of S2 but won't stick with the full season, as I did last season, if I start to lose interest.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I saw more negatives for Bastard Executioner than positive... a few 'maybe, we'll see'... and the most positive one I saw (on Deadline) seemed... strange... (yeah, I think Sepinwall did C- it... and though I liked later-days SOA a lot more than he did, I suspect I'll agree with a lot of his criticisms... do expect I'll be in for the first season even if I DON'T really dig it, as I'm too curious to ignore or skip it...)

Hm. I know I liked Fargo more than you did (particularly towards the end), but I thought you were higher on it than 'mediocre'...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 17 2015, 08:56 PM
The Neil Patrick Harris variety show was silly.
Love Neil Patrick Harris but not sure about a variety show. I recorded it but haven't gotten around to it yet. Not sure I'm going to bother.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
First episode of Project Greenlight was great fun.

-

The Bastard Executioner (FX)
-
Lee Jones -- Wilkin Brattle
Katey Sagal -- Annora of the Alders
Flora Spencer-Longhurst -- Baroness Lady Love Ventris
Sam Spruell -- Toran Prichard
Sarah Sweeney -- Jessamy Maddox
Danny Sapani -- Berber the Moor
Darren Evans -- Ash Y Goedwig
Kurt Sutter -- Ludwig, the Dark Mute
Timothy V. Murphy -- Father Ruskin
Sarah White -- Isabel Kiffin
Elen Rhys -- Petra Brattle
Ethan Griffiths -- Luca Maddox
and Stephen Moyer -- Milus Corbett

Three out of 13 from SOA (Sagal, Sutter, and Murphy, who played Gaalan).

I'm intrigued enough. Undercover with your enemies... The violence is brutal, the villains are really hissable (I like Moyer from True Blood), Spencer-Longhurst and White are very beautiful...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We're going to have to try some new shows because of last year's shows we became disappointed with many of them. For instance Good Wife was really a loser at least in my opinion. I didn't like American Horror Story in fact I've only like the one which was about the asylum. How to get away with murder became very tedious and I don't think I'll pick it up again. Person person of interest was losing my interest to but they are bringing back show and that could help. I like the leftovers but my husband doesn't. He's not crazy about the fear of the walking dead either. I still have a couple left and I have to say if the people keep being written as idiots I'll leave that show too. So I guess that leaves Fargo as the only show that I know I'll wash watch. I'm going to try a couple new ones including Minority Report wicked city Quantico scream queens but I'm not real optimistic.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We've been watching a lot o8f old movies and by old I mean 80's and 90's. Even though I saw them before they're still better than most of the televisions that they're putting out now. We still have one season of orphan black. I tried this show Narcos but didn't like it much because it's too much like a documentary plus the fact that it reminds me what a joke the War on Drugs is how much Americans want drugs and why don't we just sell them to them.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not looking good. We watched a couple of public morals didn't like it much. We just tried Minority Report and I thought it was absolutely awful and cartoony. This wasn't a surprise thing that I didn't like the movie either. I have scream queens recorded but I'm not very optimistic.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Scream Queens (Fox)
-
Emma Roberts -- Chanel Oberlin
Skyler Samuels -- Grace Gardner
Lea Michele -- Hester 'Neckbrace' Ulrich
Glen Powell -- Chad Radwell
Diego Boneta -- Pete Martinez
Abigail Breslin -- Chanel #5
Keke Palmer -- Zayjay Williams
Nasim Pedrad -- Gigi Caldwell
Lucien Laviscount -- Earl Grey
Oliver Hudson -- Wes Gardner
Billie Lourd -- Chanel #3
and Jamie Lee Curtis -- Cathy Munsch

I thought it was kinda fun. Four grisly murders in the first two hours (fifteen episodes to the season). It's silly, and not at all something to be taken very seriously.

From the Glee guys, keeping one of their actresses from there (Michele)... Two of those three guys (Murphy and Falchuk, but not Brennan) also do American Horror Story, and they're using Emma Roberts from there as the lead in this...

Unlike AHS, the theoretical second season of this would keep the show's survivors, and put them in another setting next year (but they're still the same characters, not new ones...).

Devil mask looks cool.

Ariana Grande is not an actress.

I like Breslin and Samuels... They're pretty.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Muppets was fun! I'm not nuts over it but its a nice bit of lightness since i dont watch much comedy (modern family is basically it for comedies). It will probably be one i will let stack up a bit on the dvr and watch it when i need some feel good fun. I mean who doesnt love the muppets....

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Muppets (ABC)
-
Bill Baretta -- Pepe, Dr. Teeth, Rowlf, Bobo, The Swedish Chef
Dave Goelz -- Gonzo, Zoot, Waldorf, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Eric Jacobson -- Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle
Peter Linz -- Walter, Angel Marie
David Rudman -- Janice, Scooter
Matt Vogel -- Floyd Pepper, Robin
Steve Whitmire -- Kermit the Frog, Statler, Rizzo, Beaker

Neither as good as I had hoped it would be nor as bad as I feared it might be... It's okay.

I love the characters. It was funny, but I wish I'd laughed more.

Potential is there. I'll be watching, and rooting for it to be great...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is this something I might like, Dax?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, you won't like Scream Queens.

(Pretty sure that's the one you meant... If Muppets, um... Do you like the Muppets already? If yes, then maybe (some fans are happy, some aren't).. If no, then no, this isn't one for newcomers, I wouldn't say...)

Did you watch the new season of Longmire already? I know your husband likes it more than you, but since you've had so little to watch...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Deja vu - Both Sunday's FearTWD and Monday's season premiere of Gotham opened with a montage set to Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day'...

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anyone check out Quantico? It was a little confusing to me...
Blood and Oil looks like soapy fun, a Dallas style to it is worth a few more episodes...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have them both recorded, but I doubt hsb will tolerate Blood and Oil

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Have you watched the French original version of The Returned on NetFlix, Krystal? It's quite good, though I don't how watching the American version might influence your opinion of it.

Same feeling about The Muppets as mentioned by the rest of you. I liked it enough to keep watching but it didn't capture my heart like I'd hoped.

After having so much to watch over the summer, I feel like I'm going through withdraws with the current famine of much of anything to watch.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal won't watch subtitles.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finally got around to watching #1 of Bastard Executioner.....I really dont know how I feel about it. It left me very confused. LOTS of blood, death, swords and Katey Sagal is a witch, thats about all i know for sure. I'll watch #2 but unless something drastic changes and makes me care about why all these people are killing each other that will probably be it for me. Its just weird.

I recorded Blood & Oil, hoping to like it.

Watched Life In Pieces-a few funny bits but I dont like the separate stories. Made it feel to choppy. Maybe one more but not impressed.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was hopeful about EP2 of The Bastard Executioner but after they chopped a girl's nose off I decided I wasn't into the gore enough to try and figure out what the hell was going on between the characters.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't want to like 'Scream Queens' but it was fun. I'm in for the next episode.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TV News & Misc. · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: