Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
~Days of Our Lives Spoilers & Discussion~; Month of August
Topic Started: Jul 24 2015, 10:17 PM (738 Views)
2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, Abigail does not realize it's Chads, the test results she was given say it's Bens.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, 2buddy!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spoilers for the Week of August 31st

Monday August 31:
Aiden makes a mysterious phone call, revealing an ulterior motive.
Rafe questions Chad about his involvement with the murder victim.

Tuesday September 1:
John takes Marlena on a romantic trip down memory lane to prove his devotion to her.
Theresa, Kate, and Nicole unknowingly set their sights on the same goal

Wednesday September 2:
Clyde threatens JJ.
Justin becomes the new D.A. and immediately clashes with Rafe over the murder investigation.

Thursday September 3:
Hope debates whether she should accept Aiden’s proposal.
Stefano offers to clear Chad’s name if he pursues Abigail once again.
A distraught Eric lashes out.

Friday September 4:
Kayla deals with an angry Joey.
Marlena is upset when John gets a call to leave on ISA business.
Nicole approaches Brady with a huge favor, while Theresa seeks assistance from Maggie

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
People Magazine Days 50th Promo Video

http://www.people.com/article/days-our-lives-50-an...

Looks exciting!!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's always good to see Julie. I wish they'd give her some kind of storyline that's more than these quickie pop-ins.

I didn't always dislike Natalie (Melissa Archer) on OLTL but it amused me to see her laying there with bruise marks around her neck.

This JJ drug storyline seems really silly. Ugh.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Spoilers for the week of August 31, 2015.

With the chance for a new start on the horizon, John is breaking out the old charm in an attempt to woo Marlena. He’s got a lot of ground to make up for after failing to inform her of plans to re-join the ISA. What better way to show Marlena he’s serious about wanting a life with her than to craft a night devoted to her and their love? John rents out Victor’s club for a private night of romance, planning a series of special surprises as he takes Marlena on a romantic trip down memory lane. Will John’s attempt prove successful?

Oh Chad. He’s gotten himself in quite the predicament hasn’t he? After a failed attempt to get over Abby by getting under Serena goes wrong, Chad finds himself at the center of the Salem PD’s murder investigation. With the newly reinstated Rafe Hernandez heading up the case, Chad has some tough questions to answer.

When Justin is installed as the new district attorney, he’s given Serena’s murder as his first case. Rafe and Justin clash over Rafe’s approach to the investigation. Even though the evidence continues to pile up against the young DiMera, Rafe has reservations about going after him.

By week’s end, Stefano makes his son offer — he’ll clear his name if Chad pursues Abigail once again. Will Chad accept this father’s deal?

If Steve aka Patch (returning star Stephen Nichols) had ideas of a sweet reunion with Kayla, he better think again.
Aiden makes a mysterious phone call, revealing an ulterior motive.
Jennifer and Eve have a physical confrontation over Eve’s latest machinations.
Steve has a skeptical reaction to meeting Aiden.
Hope is torn whether or not to accept Aiden’s proposal.
Eric has a drunken meltdown.
Nicole turns to Brady for a huge favor.
Theresa seeks advice from Maggie.
Kayla and her now teenaged son Joey (new star Joey Lastovic) clash.
Steve figures out Bo (returning star Peter Reckell) is in trouble.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Finally Tuned

The cast is thrilled with the change in this show. KA said, "The mood on the set is electric." SN said, "There's a great collaboration. People are really working with each other. Egos have pretty much disappeared. We trust each other."

Some tidbits about some of the characters and their changes:

John: Things turn fairly quickly with him and Marlena. John has realized that Marlena is the important aspect in his life.

Justin: He will be the new DA. Great story for him! Justin is a part of the Kiriakis family and it's kind of nice having someone in that position. He's NOT going to be a dirty DA.

Rafe: He's not going to be on the back burner any more.

SN said that even when he worked with JG on Y & R that they talked about Days and Santa Barbara and how JG watched him on both. According to SN, JG knows Days.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Murder in the first

In this week's SOD, Melissa Archer talks about being the very first victim of the Serial Killer on Days.

She said that Albert Alarr spoke with her and explained that stories had changed and that they were going to kill off her character. She said that he was very nice and it didn't feel like being "fired".

Her co-stars were bummed over her leaving but were supportive and wonderful.

She wasn't expecting to even come back to daytime after OLTL but she enjoyed her time there. She said that working at Days was " amazing".

Filming her death was "crazy surreal". She does scenes with Billy Flynn right before. She is saying that she has no idea who the killer is at all.

Eric finds her in a bed of roses. He's in shock and has guilt and self blame over what has happened to her. "He's going to carry the burden of her murder on his back."

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Salem Trails

Josh Griffith was approached by Greg Meng about the job as Head Writer. He's never worked with DH till now. He LOVES this show!

This is the show that he's always wanted to write for-- kind of nice, it's his dream job.

He really wanted to go back to the "Core and Iconic characters more than anything else."

He began with these questions:
"What's the show that I would like to see?"
"What do I think is going to embody that iconic nature?"

"So you really have to look at where you want to go as opposed to where it is and then make it happen. Sometimes it's an easy transition, sometimes, you gotta blow stuff up."

He really believes that this necktie killer will have us as viewers gasping.

They really wanted to make this 50th anniversary a huge celebration. They have built stories that will go beyond the 50th.

He said that there were some characters that needed to have more screen time because of the story written. He mentions Steve, Bo, Andre, Belle, Shawn, Philip and Ava.

He is the one who mentioned JPL as Philip. He was the one on WINTERTHORNE and went into a meeting with a picture and told the team that this was Philip.

His pinch me moment? He was having a conversation with MBE and the fan in him is saying, "THIS IS KAYLA! I'M TALKING TO KAYLA!". He was in love with her 25 years ago! :)

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Emmy Winner Jordi Vilasuso Joins 'Days of our Lives'

It's an exciting time to be watching Days of our Lives. Steve (Stephen Nichols) and Bo (Peter Reckell) are returning, a murderer is on the loose, and Ben (Robert Scott Wilson) is shirtless more than ever! That isn't all though. I can now reveal the actor mentioned in my recent blind item was Emmy winner Jordi Vilasuso. And some of you guessed it!

Who will Vilasuso be playing on Days, and what is his character's connection to Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering)? We will find out soon!

Vilasuso won a Daytime Emmy Award in 2003 for his work as Tony Santos on CBS soap opera Guiding Light. Among his many post-GL credits were MyNetworkTV's primetime serial Fashion House (as Eddie Zarouvian) and the ABC daytime drama All My Children (as Dr. Griffin Castillo). He recently starred as Isaac Santero in the Hulu series South Beach.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
SOD: Come Back Trail- Stephen Nichols Interview

Four page interview with Stephen...No spoilers...

He was very concerned, when they brought back Steve, how they would explain his absence. He seems very
satisfied with the explanation the writers came up with. Specifically he said Steve came from a tough background
with his family and it would take something major for him to leave the love of his life and children. Kayla means everything to him.

He met first with Greg Meng, and heard about the plans for Days 50th and that they wanted him to be a part of it. Then there was another meeting with Ken Corday and the writers who told him more about the story.

Asked about the positive reaction from fans when the news of his return came out: He says he is always overwhelmed by the fan support

He felt a lot of love from old friends (Crew and cast) on his first day back (specifically mentions KA, PR, MB, Drake) and they were all in sync quickly. He got close to the newer cast very quickly too. Everyone is very friendly and sweet. The environment at the show is very supportive and exciting.

Says everyone in the building feels like they are on to something, there is real collaboration going on that he hasn't seen since the 80s

He attributes onscreen magic with Mary Beth to the fact that they are dear friends who love working with each other. He also says Mary Beth is such a great actress and always present in the moment and he can't lose with a partner like her

He really likes working with James Lastovic/Joey and has high praise for his acting (compares the dynamic to working with Tyler Christopher on GH - which is high praise if you ask me because I loved their work together)

He has high praise for the casting director Marnie Saitta - all the actors she brings in are a cut above the rest and committed to the work.

After Y&R he complete a short film. On his spare time he does home improvement projects. He rebuilt his deck out of cumaru wood. And he has done some sound/music design for theater.

Updates on his family: he has 2 grandsons now (2 1/2 and 11 months old)

He feels fortunate to have survived all this time in daytime

Quote on contents/ page 2: "Playing Steve? Wonderful. Putting on the patch? Surreal. And always, working with my sweet Mary Beth...blissful"

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jordi Vilasuso was nice to look at back in the day but I don't ever remember thinking his acting was Emmy-worthy.

It's good to read the Josh Griffith loves the show and the actors sound happy. Hard to say how long all the good vibes will last but, hopefully, we'll get a few months of must-see-tv out of all of this.

I can't wait for Andre/Tony!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
So Jordi Vilasuso was the blind item.... I dont mind him (yes he is nice to look at) but its kind of disappointing. They made it seem like someone major. He wouldnt be on my top 100 list of actors I'd like to make a return trip to soapland.

I've fallen a bit behind again, only a couple weeks and with ff i should get caught up again soon. Looking forward to the start of all the serial killer and anniversary stuff.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
The serial killer struck on Friday, and Patch and "grown" Joey are back!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Remind me how long both of you have been watching. I started in '95, when Marlena was possessed by the devil. I missed the glory days of Patch and Kayla, though I vaguely remember watching at some point during Stephen Nichols' '06-'09 return.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just jumping in as I'm back moreso with Days now with the return of Stephen Nichols to the show as it means more Mary Beth Evans also. Basically the show focus was so bad for so long, that I was bored out of my mind.

The big Days casting news is that Vincent Irizarry is going to be part of the show in a role that has yet to be announced. Due to how much they tape in advance we probably won't see him until Winter.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bloss I just read that about VI and was coming here to post it! You beat me to it.

I'm super happy about this one. Guess the Vilasuso news was just coincidental because VI certainly makes much more sense as that blind item. Sucks we wont see him until after the new year but I can be patient.....maybe lol.

I'm a relative Days newbie, I didnt pick it up until right around the time GL was cancelled. I followed it in the soap mags and had friends that watched so I knew who people were and general s/l stuff but I really started watching during the plane crash when Grandpa Shawn died.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm on and off with Days since the late 80s. My first memory was Marlena on the island before she died in a plane crash over 25 years ago. It was a snow day and happened to be on at the house I was visiting, and I knew who Dee Hall was because she was the Mom on "Our House" which I watched on primetime television. (I had babysitters who watched Days earlier than that, but have no memory beyond the hourglass.)

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was wondering if/hoping you'd rejoin the discussion, BL. :D

Grandpa Shawn died in early 2008. I can't remember if I was watching then, though I think that was the end of the Brady/DiMera feud storyline that I found to be disappointing.

Good news about Irizarry. Hopefully, the writing for his character will make it worth the wait.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Late 70's for me. I'm hoping Irizarry is the person behind Aiden's new character change. I was hoping it wasn't Stefano!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My guess is that Andre will play some part in what's going on with Aiden. I'm assuming Andre will be taking on a Stefano-like role.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Days of our Lives · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: