Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Humans; Season 1
Topic Started: Jul 20 2015, 10:56 PM (1,173 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Channel 4 is not BBC, no.

Hm. My iPad won't go straight to the link... Goes to the App Store... Makes me go to the UK store... Looks like it's going to work, but once there, says 'no, you've got to get it from the U.S. store'... No, I just came from there...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Aug 11 2015, 09:55 AM
I highly approve of the first item in your spoiler, KMI. This whole time I've been hoping Laura would be connected (other than just 'owning' Anita/Mia) to the bigger story, as I really like the actress and the character.
Except, it may not be true in AMC world...big differences... for example
Spoiler: click to toggle

>>>>Hm. My iPad won't go straight to the link
I just noticed on AMC Dax you have to register via whatever your cable company is. Maybe you need to do that at Channel 4 too? Which means only Brits can access it I guess.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Probably a Brits-only deal... Didn't try it on the tabletop computer, though... Dunno.

Safe to say George is not Laura's father in the adaptation. They're not going to work that in NOW...

Big agree on how freaking adorable Sophie is. And that Max smiling at the gunman is great.

So... Wait. Leo. He survived the drowning, but only barely, so he's a hybrid-like, right? Not a replica, he will die, but he's got synth parts (and both colors of blood?).

Max surgery was neat... Felt strange that there was such a ticking clock on it (2%!), because you kinda think 'well, batteries die, and then you recharge them, and it's fine...', but nooooooo....

George's death... I was just worried for a second that we might not get the goodbye with Odi, and then relieved when we did.

My understanding (from Wikipedia?.. somewhere..) was that 'Real Humans' 3 was delayed and then kinda quasi-canceled over budgetary issues, unrelated to the Ch.4/AMC adaptation... They wanted to make more, but it didn't come together...

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Channel 4 is a station that is unrelated to BBC 4. The following are the equivalents to our US networks. The major channels in the UK that produce programming that I've seen are BBC (and relatives), ITV, Channel 4 (Humans with AMC & Babylon with Sundance) and Sky (Fortitude with Pivot). There is also a Channel 5 which airs the UK version of Big Brother and mainly shows from outside the UK. Of course, since it is the UK there is also a channel from Wales in their language. To watch anything on the Channel 4 website now you have to have a UK address or make one up and hope it works with an email address (which is easy enough the email that is). This used to not be the case, only changed this year.

If you have good protection on your computer you could always try: http://stream-tv-series.net/ people put the full versions on that website. They stream.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thank you, bl.

I remember that Skins was a Channel 4 show...

Didn't know BB was on Channel 5.

How was Babylon?

So if you have a British-SOUNDING email address, you can fool the verification? Lovely.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wasn't as impressed with the finale. A couple plot events seemed rather....simplistically achieved.

Stuff I liked:

Max lives. Yes!

Sophie mimic's Anita "I do not understand the question..." WIN! :D

Karen and Pete. Yes!

Marriage survives. Yes!

Some worrisome things>>>They left Fred under a blanket at the church? Waaaa? Niska's last scene seemed pretty ominous to me. Leo has a part synth BRAIN? That's way beyond the beyond for interface possibilities. Wow.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was kinda underwhelmed, too, but I was also very, very sleepy while I watched it, and maybe should not have been, ideally... Will probably try to re-watch 1.8 before 2.1 next year because...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Leo was eating food also, that confused me. The other synths did not. I was thinking of how improved the world would be if it was run by Synths. They don't eat so all the animals would not die to feed humans. They would not need to spray crops. There would be no corrupt food or drug industry.

There would be no Donald Trump :)

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I wasn't as impressed with the finale. A couple plot events seemed rather....simplistically achieved.
I felt the same way. It was obvious Karen was going to be a part of the group-comes-together moment but even that felt like it was too easy.

I wasn't sold on Laura's belief that Joe would reject her because of what happened with Tom, so that felt like much ado about nothing.

Sophie is awesome!

I don't know that I was disappointed in the finale but I wasn't pleasantly surprised in any way. It felt like checking off boxes of things to do with a little set up for the future at the end.

Quote:

There would be no Donald Trump
There will always be one of those in some form or another, lol.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Enjoyed the Season 2 premiere. I liked how the newly awakening Synths perceived their sentience as an error.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked Niska's stuff. Her "trial" will be an interesting plot, since it's been written and done before...notably Asimov's I, Robot and ST:NG measure of a Man with Data.

I am less sure I want to see the corporate side of things.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Poor Mia. The pain and suffering of unrequited romantic love. Is sentience more trouble than it's worth? I suppose an optimist would see things differently, lol.

Sophie being happy to see Niska made me smile.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: