Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Hell on Wheels; Season 5
Topic Started: Jul 19 2015, 02:14 AM (1,112 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Out from 4 - Elam, Ruth, Campbell.
Returning - Cullen, Doc, The Swede, Naomi.
Presumably returning, but they weren't in #1 because it didn't take place in HoW (all still listed as being in the cast on AMC's show site) - Louise, Eva, Mickey, Psalms.

New regulars
-
Tim Guinee -- Collis Huntington
Byron Mann -- Chang
Reg Rogers -- James Strobridge
Angela Zhou -- Fong

I like Guinee (Andrew Wiley, the investigator with the kids, on The Good Wife).

Funny that the kind Chinese worker Tao is played by Tzi Ma, who played super-evil Cheng-pronounced-Chang on 24, and the new bad guy's name is Chang.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I know it is a split season. I don't care about it but hsb likes it so we'll probably watch it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Practically a whole new cast...
Not a bad first episode.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well if Naomi is returning that must mean he finds her.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
4- Good to catch up with the ensemble in Laramie. (Odd, though, Angela Zhou (Fong/Mei) had been listed as a regular in 1-3, but with ten regulars in #4, she got bounced to the guest credits..)

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax didn't you say we get 13 episodes and then have to wait to get the last 13?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
14... 7 and 7.

Three left this year.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
When do the next 7 start?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They could surprise us, but the expectation is next summer around the same time...

(There is a Western or two in development... I know AMC wants another one soon after HoW ends...)

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Dax, 7 episodes then waiting a whole year for the last 7 is a little aggravating.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> Well if Naomi is returning that must mean he finds her.

Or her contract kept her credited as a regular, when we do see her, though her only appearance was in Cullen's opening dream, and in the distance, even...

Though always about the building of the railroad, show has continually evolved... Began as a revenge piece, and they abandoned that... Was kind of a Cullen/Elam 'unlikely buddies' show for awhile...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chelah Horsdal (Maggie Palmer) credited as a regular in #5. A HoW wiki says she was in 4 of Season 3 and 2 of Season 4

Zhou returned to the main credits after one week she slipped off of them...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like this season better than most but hate that they split it up.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good semi finale! Looks like the last part of the season will be good!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like the race at the end (of course, it did feel like they both got there very quickly...).

Looks like we'll probably have The Swede resolved in the first hour back... Then it's all about Cullen and Doc's race...

Eva's handling of Josie went well.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow...It's been forever. I have forgotten what's up with this show. I don't get why we have had to wait sooooo long!!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Back on 6/11.

The wait is almost over... http://tvline.com/2016/04/27/hell-on-wheels-cancelled-final-season-premiere-date/

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When they dribble out the shows 6 and 7 at a time or even 10 I tend to lose interest in them. My husband likes the show so I guess we'll watch it. And I don't mind looking at him because he's pretty hot even when he is filthy dirty. But I was even angry at Better Call Saul for only having 10 episodes. By the time you get on a roll with the show it is over.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd have preferred 13 of BCS (that WAS the order they got...), but Gould said they couldn't get more than ten of them done in the time they had, if they wanted to come back around the same time... So it was 10, and Season 3 is likely to be the same...

10-show seasons don't bother me (quality over quantity), but it's a bit of a bummer that they're now pretty much the norm at AMC and HBO... HBO's were 13, then 12, and now they're 10....

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Apr 27 2016, 03:51 PM
According to the article he is going to be one busy man!! He has a lot to do in just 7 episodes!!

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am going to miss this show, but looking forward to the last episodes after waiting forever!

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hope that episode was not intended to make us feel sorry for the Swede... Just because he was in prison doesn't justify all the horrible things he did. I guess it was an appropriate way for him to die but there were alternatives.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought it was a really great hour.

Flashbacks just lend a little more to that 'survivor' thing he had going...

The chase was excellent, very suspenseful.

As enjoyable as it was to see them share a long, extended last dance together... Man, Cullen's great stubbornness equals suicidally stupid...

Love Heyerdahl.

Six episodes left. Gotta go finish that railroad...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really did not like it. I don't know why he just didn't kill him and get it over with there was certainly reason to do it. I hate shows where they just drag out the inevitable and put the main character at risk because you know he's not going to die and the bad guy will ultimately die. I also like Heyerdahl a lot but there was just too much of him this episode.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree Krystal, with only seven episodes left the Swede could have got what he deserved and then some and they could still had time to move on to something else.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That's kind of the way I felt I mean if they had a full season even fourteen maybe but it just seemed like a big-time killer

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
If you think of it as 1 of 14, and not 1 of 7...

Definitely agree it was dumb of Cullen to not have just solved his problem right there in the river... But this was true to who he is... Swede wasn't wrong in some of his taunts, that Bohannon would rather be doing this insane trip than sitting at home with the family...

I think there was enough build-up between them in the prior fifty episodes to justify an episode to see the story out. The Swede was the great villain that had to die... (Bohannon will not kill Durant, of course...)

Maybe an 8/6 split would have played better... This one be the mid-finale instead of the premiere, skip the long cliffhanger, go away with this resolved instead...

Anyway. This IS the mid-point of the season, not REALLY the start of a new one...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am disappointed with this half season. The first two shows bored me to tears. The third one was okay but Bohannon was not in this fourth one which didn't make me happy at all.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't mind Bohannon sitting out #11. Good to see Campbell again. Liked the prologue jumping ahead to let us see Durant's sad, lonely end.

I think it's been really good.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought #11 was sad and after what happened to Maggie, Durant received his karma in the end. But I agree Krystal an episode without Bohannan is not a good episode.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: