Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Walking Dead; Season 6
Topic Started: Jul 10 2015, 02:40 PM (1,248 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I can see it being tough to have avoided the news about Glenn. I popped in over at PreTV just to get a little taste of all the fire and fury. Oddly enough, they didn't list him "In Memoriam" part of Talking Dead. I wonder if he's going to turn up as a zombie.

I was mildly shocked but not at all moved by what happened. I like Glenn but I didn't form an attachment to him like some of the characters.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was just reading an article that was explaining how Glenn could still be alive. It seems like more people are hoping for this kind of resolution. If he's going to show up as a Walker, it does seem like a good way for the show to piss people off all over again.

Damon Lindelof saying he didn't want the show to wiggle out of Glenn being dead on Talking Dead is funny.

I think all the ruckus over whether Glenn is dead or not is more interesting than the episode itself.
Edited by bilki, Oct 26 2015, 07:29 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Although I'm really fond of the guy who used to be in Southland I don't even know the name of the actor the big guy with red hair.
I think you're talking about Abraham (Michael Cudlitz)....but I had to look him up because I still forget some of their names.

I didn't care much for the first episode of this season but I thought EP2 was pretty damn good. Probably because I love it when Carol gets to be a bad ass. Didn't care much for this last episode, either. I was only half watching until Nicholas shot himself in the head, which was just about the end of the episode.

At this point, Carol is the character I care about the most. Michonne would be next in line. I do like Daryl but they haven't done much with him lately. I wouldn't care if Rick died but I don't think it will ever happen.

I often forget that Tara was a part of the Governor's crew and sometimes I don't who Rosita is after we come back from a break.
Edited by bilki, Oct 27 2015, 11:45 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Probably one of the better episodes of the series. I appreciate it when the show is a bit more thought-provoking. Not sure we needed the extra half hour, though.

I was having a bit of trouble believing Morgan would be so anti-killing at this point in the game but this episode helped to put it in context.

Haven't looked around to see how many people are pissed off they didn't resolve the Glenn issue.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That spoiler explains a conversation I was reading about a big story coming up that would involve Glenn if he lives, and who the show might replace him with if he's dead.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheap trick. Whatever. I suppose a lot of fans will be happy now.

I like the conflict between Carol and Morgan. Hopefully, it won't be a moot point after all of the zombies raid Alexandria.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Those who seem the most pissed about it are making the point that the Walkers never just wander off. I was thinking Glenn would die from starvation, unless Maggie or Rick magically found him and distracted them, but I knew the show wasn't going in that direction once they showed him alive. The whole thing was pretty ridiculous. Makes me hope the incident in the comics happens even more now.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Last week's episode didn't hold my attention at all. I played my farming game through most of it and deleted the episode when it ended. I haven't been a fan of how they've broken this season up, and I think I've complained in the past about how much I dislike it when they have the group in all different directions.

I'm ready for the mid-season break.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This show loves to make idiots out of its characters for a little manufactured drama. For example, the nonsense with Morgan and the Wolf. I wish Carol would have killed Morgan, at this point.

Negan looks like another round with the Governor. Not hopeful about that.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is it really that difficult to write a complex villain? This world seems like a good setting for an adversary who isn't twirling his mustache throughout the storyline. I get tired of rooting for the villains to just die already.

The show didn't do much better by the Alexandrians. I can understand how they were naive to the realities of life in a zombie apocalypse but most of them still seemed like such morons. I'm just not buying that Rick and Company are the smartest remaining humans on the planet. Maybe Carol, though, lol.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
You enjoyed it, Krystal? I didn't watch it or record it. Maybe I'll watch it when they re-air it next Sunday.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pleasantly surprised they killed Neegan's crew off so quickly. I was not interested in getting to know that character. Killing off Jessie and her kids was a bit of a shock, too.

I was hoping Glenn's nine lives were up and he was going to be eaten by zombies while Maggie watched. These writers can duck off!

I know it was supposed to be light-hearted fun but I thought Rick and Daryl losing that truck because they just couldn't let it go with the Jesus guy was idiotic.

Poor Michonne. Romantic feelings for that dreadful Rick. I was hoping the show wouldn't go there but I like Michonne enough to be pleased she may have a little happiness in her life. I can't imagine it will last for long with Rick, though. I imagined Gate throwing something at the her TV, hehe.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I thought that was Negan and he talked in third person. Damn.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's what drives me so crazy about this show....that the characters have to make such moronic choices for a little bit of a storyline. And how did that Jesus guy get on top of the truck when he was tied up? Didn't Rick say it would take him about an hour to untie himself? It makes me think they sit in the writer's room and laugh at how they're going to piss the audience off by making <insert character's name> do something stupid. Have I said that about this show before? lol

Another stupid thing. Deanna out in the woods. How the hell did she get out there, and in such good condition? I thought I'd missed something but I saw other people talking/bitching about it.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jesus' wig/hair extensions look so bad.

While it amused me that Rick and Company showed up just in time for a knife attack, the big fight that followed felt a little OTT.

Of course, the leader of Hilltop has to be an asshole. How else would Maggie get to pretend like she's a bad ass? I thought Michonne would have be more believable negotiating with that guy. Or Carol, lol. It would have been fun to watch Carol wipe the floor with that guy.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did they explain why Carol didn't go and I missed it? The trip to Hilltop seems like something she'd want to be a part of.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are you up-to-date on the graphic novels, Dax? I have a friend who is, and while a little drunk he started going into details about the Hilltop story. I thought he was spoiling the rest of this season but it ended up being just what happened in this last episode.

I just went to Wiki to look up how much source material is left at this point.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That ambush went better than I expected, though I didn't have a full understanding of what Carol and Maggie were in charge of.

The many efforts to hide Allana Masterson's baby bump are amusing. I couldn't believe Chris Hardwick asked her how they do it on Talking Dead, when it's pretty obvious to anyone with two eyes.

What does an acorn beet cookie taste like???

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, I thought this episode was one of their better episodes. Really enjoyed Alicia Witt and the dialogue and subtext between Paula and Carol. I was hoping Paula would somehow make it out alive.

The cigarette-smoking lady made me chuckle.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
At a quick glance of her bio, I noticed she was in Dune. I'd have to re-watch that episode of Twin Peaks to remember that I saw her way back when.

I still wish we'd have gotten to see her interact with Negan. I can only imagine how pissed he's going to be when he finally comes face to face with Rick and his group.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was playing my farming game until they shot Merritt Wever in the head with an arrow. That got my attention! I'm liking this brewing rivalry between Rick's crew and the Saviors.

Carol running off because of some crisis of conscience feels more like a plot contrivance than an organic character development.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

What's the red headed girl the one who used to be on Six Feet Under? She looks really familiar.
That was Lauren Ambrose who was in SFU. Alicia Witt was the actress in the episode in which they were holding Carol and Maggie hostage. She's been doing film and television since the 80s.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's interesting that you think the show is willing to kill off a pregnant woman in such a violent manner, Dax. Maximum impact indeed!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, my biggest fear is that it will be Carol. No surprise there. Maggie would be a shock but it wouldn't bother me for long, I don't think. For as much as I wanted Morgan back, I wouldn't mind if it was him, either. I haven't cared much for his anti-killing philosophy. Obviously, it won't be Rick, Michonne or Carl. Is Daryl untouchable, too? If the show is going for shock value, I'm not sure any of the others would work.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was fun to watch Carol take out most of those guys, as I'm sure they were confident they would triumph over her. I wonder if Negan's clan has ever come up against a group who's taken out so many of his people.

Morgan just wants to be right about his philosophy. One Wolf making a split decision to help Denise doesn't make everyone else wrong.

I suppose there's a recklessness that comes from reaching a breaking point of frustration with this world they live in. It's the only way I can explain Carol and Daryl running towards such danger without it seeming entirely plot-driven.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really? I sat through an hour and a half of that nonsense just to find out that I have to wait until next season to find out who dies!?!?!

:mad1:

Gimple's excuse for why they didn't reveal who died was pretty lame, too.
Edited by bilki, Apr 3 2016, 10:02 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I figured you were loving Rick being brought to his knees, Gate.

The best part about the whole thing was all of the hate people were dishing out around the internet. Talking Dead was the only place where there was mostly praise. Chris Hardwick being one of the biggest ass kissers on the planet.

I'm a little sad that Alan Sepinwall has quit the show. I understand his decision but I'll miss reading his reviews.

Edited by bilki, Apr 4 2016, 08:53 AM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They'll never kill off Rick. At least we can hate-watch the show together, lol.

At first I thought Negan killed Carl, then I had to rewind to listen, again, to what Negan said about cutting his eye out and feeding it to Rick.

It was nice to see Rick's arrogance put him in such a rotten position. Sucks that he takes so many people down with him, though. While it probably won't be one of the major characters, someone will be dead now. This wasn't an accident.

I was surprised Negan had such a large army of people. How have all of those people never heard of Alexandria?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply