Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Walking Dead; Season 6
Topic Started: Jul 10 2015, 02:40 PM (2,294 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2015/07/walking-dead-season-6-premiere-date-trailer-comic-con-1201473441/

Good trailer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-promotes-three-series-821299
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was not spoiled on the identity (though I did guess it would be Glenn), but I did see a few upset people in other time zones on facebook... none of my friends 'broke the rules', though...

I don't think they'll 'cheat' and have Glenn live... because even if you subscribe to the (popular... and reasonable) theory that those were the other guy's guts being ripped out, and not Glenn's... his situation STILL does not look at all survivable.

I do expect to see him as a walker. Sure. Gimple's statement that we'd see him again... yeah, I'm thinking that's how. (But a report that Yeun is still in Georgia filming the second half of the season... I don't know what to think about that, except... weird)

Good action in all three episodes so far.

I think next week's Morgan spotlight episode should be really good... but I DO hope we're not waiting 'til #5 to get the 'dead or not' resolution on Glenn. Kinda suspect they WILL make us wait another week. Oh, well...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://tvline.com/2015/10/26/glenn-dies-walking-dead-steven-yeun-alive-dead/

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-the-death-on-last-nights-walking-dead-is-a-no-win-scenario-for-the-show

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, this one was really good.

Will be rooting for John Caroll Lynch (who played John Wayne Gacy on AHS this week, too) to score an Emmy nom for this...

Glad Lennie James is finally with the show full-time now.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I expect Daryl will be more prominent soon.

Gimple has been suggesting Rick's hand thing isn't that serious a concern. Since BookRick has lost a hand (the show took Hershel's leg instead), I understand being nervous about it, but... Might not be that huge a deal.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast as comics villain Negan.

I've only read through 96, and that character first appears in 100, so I don't know a lot about him, but I know the big spoiler about his introduction, and a lot of people probably do now, too, since it's been written about in a lot of articles about ShowGlenn dying or not dying...
Spoiler: click to toggle

I like JDM, am currently enjoying him on Good Wife.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't think there will be much conflict... He'll probably come into TWD late into the second half of 6... And we don't know that there IS a next season of Good Wife... They're not saying anything, but it's been assumed for years that they'd likely stop at 7...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Trick doesn't bother me too much, except that they sure seemed to fall feet-nearer-the-dumpster, and Glenn slid upwards to safety headfirst... Crazy-scary when the walkers grabbed and pulled... Looked impossible that he wouldn't have been bitten...

Enid running off was annoying.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't like last week's Daryl/strangers and Abraham/Sasha episode.

I don't know about Glenn meeting the same fate as BookGlenn... Maybe...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't mind groups splitting if their stories are good, so long as they're not all scattered for VERY long..

I liked 1-3 (lots of action, well-executed) and 4 (the Morgan one) a lot, but 5-7 were just so-so... They got a lot of fan conversation out of the Glenn question, but it doesn't feel like it was worth all the fuss, really...

Spencer's thing here was really dumb.

8 should be exciting.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
On 2/14.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't know much about Negan beyond how and when he was introduced in the comics (100, and I've only read through 96...).

I've seen people saying they respect that he 'has a code' (like Omar on The Wire), but he certainly SEEMS to be all-out-bad-no-shades-of-grey-about-him, and... yeah, I don't know if I'll like that.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Second-to-last question here addresses Negan and the Governor comparison.. http://tvline.com/2015/11/30/walking-dead-season-6-finale-negan-debut-spoilers/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/walking-dead-creator-frank-darabonts-852491

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/09/waking-dead-greg-nicotero-midseason-premiere

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fun.

Carl's eye was a comics thing that I thought they might skip, but... Nope.

Good to see everybody back in one spot again.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Negan's still coming (he'll be in the season finale.. possibly before that, but not likely). Those were some of his people, but the guy talking wasn't Negan.

Yeah, I hated when Daryl jumped out of the truck to go run around in the field with Jesus. That was dumb.

I'm neutral on Rick/Michonne. Might be interesting (it's a deviation from the comics).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wouldn't have had a problem with Deanna's condition... Or even that she was wandering around in the woods nearby a couple months later... Except when we saw her last, if I remember right, she was going to shoot herself in the head...

Rick didn't set a time on how long it would take Jesus to untie himself, just that the knots were loose enough that he'd likely be free before a walker could get him, and they'd have driven away first, but then Rick got in the truck and they paused and laughed for a second and... Guess that was enough time for Jesus to climb aboard.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2016/02/walking-dead-producerrobert-kirkman-korean-drama-series-five-year-viki-1201708784/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No mention of Carol (other than 'the chef's not here' when Jesus wanted to compliment whoever baked the cookie he'd just eaten). No discussion (beyond Carl opting out) of why those particular six went to Hilltop, but of course it makes sense that not all of the inner circle would go.

I liked this one, since it set up a lot of new stuff, and I think Xander Berekely as Gregory is a good addition to the cast.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, I stopped reading a few years ago, at 96 (and Negan killed Glenn in 100). 151 is the most recent issue...

I'll go back to it at some point, but maybe not for awhile, because I'm kinda liking the thought of watching the show and not saying 'oh, yeah, I read that'...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Abraham isn't great at break-ups.

Looked like Carol and Maggie were just further-away back-up/look-outs.

Yeah, ambush went real well if they didn't lose anybody, but... Oops. Two hostages. I like Alicia Witt (making the demands on the walkie-talkie).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
13 - I liked this one a lot... Definitely one of the stronger only-a-few-characters-in-a-single-location episodes that they've done...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Though she's had a long and varied career (recently, Justified; soon, Nashville; way back, Cybil Shepherd's sitcom; memorably, the 'D-Girl' episode of Sopranos), I always associate Witt with Twin Peaks first, though she only ever did ONE episode - the second season premiere, as an oh-there's-a-third-one-now daughter of Doc Hayward's, who played the piano at their dinner party... Leland's hair had just turned white all of a sudden... she also did Dune and one of the three HBO Hotel Room episodes with Lynch...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/13/walking-dead-alicia-witt-paula-the-same-boat

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I get that Carol's going through some shit and Morgan got to her and last week was very traumatic and... But I'd think she'd get halfway through writing the letter and say 'nah' and crumple it up and go to sleep or something. Running away does not seem like a solid option, no.

It falls enough under 'character'-based that I don't think it's TOO 'plot contrivance', but it does feel like... Well, I'm sure she isn't GONE... So she'll either fall into Negan's hands or she'll be somewhere that she can save the day like she did with Terminus... Previews are fun, with Daryl going after her...

I don't like it.

Denise was SO dumb twice... Yeah, figured her luck couldn't hold out much longer...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal, you at least know her from Justified, where she was the Crowe sister...

I love redheads (I may have mentioned that a time or two...), so both Ambrose and Witt... Mmmmmmm

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I will miss Wever. Glad she stopped by, yeah, hoped it would be awhile longer. Hope she turns up on something else I watch soon.

Carol thing bothers me more and more. Dumb of her...

Two to go...

Negan and his spiky-pointed bat (named 'Lucille') on his entrance... who's it gonna be?

I think Maggie. She's pregnant. Maximum impact..

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
That Carol just decided to run away and leave the group because she doesn't want to kill any more (are you still one behind?... Your last comment was on the one with Witt, which was really good, the Carol/Maggie one... There was one after that, wherein Denise-the-doctor makes some poor choices...).

Yeah. Somebody major will be killed when we first meet Negan. In the comics, it was Glenn. Given all the not-so-long-ago games of Glenn-dead-or-not and how they like to switch things up some, it seems likely it WON'T be Glenn... So who instead? Place your bets..

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal - Yeah, that was a really good one.

Bilki - Along the lines of how Robb Stark's wife wasn't at the wedding in the books, but...

It won't be just-lost-an-eye Carl. Or Rick or Daryl or Michonne, though any of those WOULD be shocking, for sure. There's fear it could be Carol, since she's in this weird character arc, and that's one way to resolve it absolutely...

Maggie. Glenn's wife. Pregnant. Around since not quite the beginning, but close... Last survivor of Hershel's large family...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Morgan-as-regular hasn't been as much fun as we'd hoped, no, but I wouldn't wanna lose him. Lennie James is great, and there's potential to do a lot more with him. Sure, he's Mr. Pacifist and he broke Carol, but since he's had at least two other 'incarnations', there's reason to believe he could be something other than what he is right now...

Daryl's popularity seems to make him an untouchable, but if they really wanted to upset the audience that loves him...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: