Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Walking Dead; Season 6
Topic Started: Jul 10 2015, 02:40 PM (2,408 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have actually liked most of the season. I have been fast-forwarding very little of it. This last episode with Maggie and Carol was very good. Obviously it would appear that Carol is going over the edge about killing all these people. I don't know why all of a sudden it would bother her after all the people who have been killed. Obviously these people would have killed her in a second. Was the red headed girl the one who used to be on Six Feet Under? She looks really familiar.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

What's the red headed girl the one who used to be on Six Feet Under? She looks really familiar.
That was Lauren Ambrose who was in SFU. Alicia Witt was the actress in the episode in which they were holding Carol and Maggie hostage. She's been doing film and television since the 80s.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal, you at least know her from Justified, where she was the Crowe sister...

I love redheads (I may have mentioned that a time or two...), so both Ambrose and Witt... Mmmmmmm

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm with Bilki regarding Carol. Carol has been such a tough bad ass for so long that I'm not buying this whole 'I'm going off by myself' business. It just doesn't feel genuine to her character. Maybe if I had 'known' Carol was religious or something before she grabbed on to those Rosary beads but I don't remember her being a woman of big faith. Yes maybe she flipped out but still going off doesn't work for me.

I really like Merritt Wever. I fell in love with her on 'Nurse Jackie' and was rooting for her to be around longer. Oh well.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I will miss Wever. Glad she stopped by, yeah, hoped it would be awhile longer. Hope she turns up on something else I watch soon.

Carol thing bothers me more and more. Dumb of her...

Two to go...

Negan and his spiky-pointed bat (named 'Lucille') on his entrance... who's it gonna be?

I think Maggie. She's pregnant. Maximum impact..

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
What bothers you about carol? You think Maggie will be killed?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
That Carol just decided to run away and leave the group because she doesn't want to kill any more (are you still one behind?... Your last comment was on the one with Witt, which was really good, the Carol/Maggie one... There was one after that, wherein Denise-the-doctor makes some poor choices...).

Yeah. Somebody major will be killed when we first meet Negan. In the comics, it was Glenn. Given all the not-so-long-ago games of Glenn-dead-or-not and how they like to switch things up some, it seems likely it WON'T be Glenn... So who instead? Place your bets..

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's interesting that you think the show is willing to kill off a pregnant woman in such a violent manner, Dax. Maximum impact indeed!

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
You are right I am one behind. The one show that I really felt was good was the one where Maggie and Carol were held hostage. I don't like the idea of Carol taking off. I am not all that attach to Maggie or Glenn so we'll see what happens there.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal - Yeah, that was a really good one.

Bilki - Along the lines of how Robb Stark's wife wasn't at the wedding in the books, but...

It won't be just-lost-an-eye Carl. Or Rick or Daryl or Michonne, though any of those WOULD be shocking, for sure. There's fear it could be Carol, since she's in this weird character arc, and that's one way to resolve it absolutely...

Maggie. Glenn's wife. Pregnant. Around since not quite the beginning, but close... Last survivor of Hershel's large family...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, my biggest fear is that it will be Carol. No surprise there. Maggie would be a shock but it wouldn't bother me for long, I don't think. For as much as I wanted Morgan back, I wouldn't mind if it was him, either. I haven't cared much for his anti-killing philosophy. Obviously, it won't be Rick, Michonne or Carl. Is Daryl untouchable, too? If the show is going for shock value, I'm not sure any of the others would work.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Morgan-as-regular hasn't been as much fun as we'd hoped, no, but I wouldn't wanna lose him. Lennie James is great, and there's potential to do a lot more with him. Sure, he's Mr. Pacifist and he broke Carol, but since he's had at least two other 'incarnations', there's reason to believe he could be something other than what he is right now...

Daryl's popularity seems to make him an untouchable, but if they really wanted to upset the audience that loves him...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was fun to watch Carol take out most of those guys, as I'm sure they were confident they would triumph over her. I wonder if Negan's clan has ever come up against a group who's taken out so many of his people.

Morgan just wants to be right about his philosophy. One Wolf making a split decision to help Denise doesn't make everyone else wrong.

I suppose there's a recklessness that comes from reaching a breaking point of frustration with this world they live in. It's the only way I can explain Carol and Daryl running towards such danger without it seeming entirely plot-driven.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Better not be Daryl or Carol.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Going to put this in spoiler for those of who who haven't seen last night's episode ...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
'All life matters' doesn't extend to the walkers. Morgan still kills them. He might be a LITTLE crazy, but he's not crazy enough to think they might be able to come back (Hershel and his collection in the barn, the Governor hanging onto his daughter..).

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really? I sat through an hour and a half of that nonsense just to find out that I have to wait until next season to find out who dies!?!?!

:mad1:

Gimple's excuse for why they didn't reveal who died was pretty lame, too.
Edited by bilki, Apr 3 2016, 10:02 PM.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Apr 3 2016, 09:46 PM
Really? I sat through an hour and a half of that nonsense just to find out that I have to wait until next season to find out who dies!?!?!

:mad1:

Gimple's excuse for why they didn't reveal who died was pretty lame, too.
Yup agree. I just hope it isn't Daryl. I honestly give up caring.

In other news, I loved Negan but I'm shallow like that. I really love Jeffrey Dean Morgan
. I also loved seeing Rick melt down to the ground. He needed to be brought down a peg.

Only 6 months until we find out who met Lucille. :firemad:

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I figured you were loving Rick being brought to his knees, Gate.

The best part about the whole thing was all of the hate people were dishing out around the internet. Talking Dead was the only place where there was mostly praise. Chris Hardwick being one of the biggest ass kissers on the planet.

I'm a little sad that Alan Sepinwall has quit the show. I understand his decision but I'll miss reading his reviews.

Edited by bilki, Apr 4 2016, 08:53 AM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked the increasing size of the various roadblocks.

I liked Negan's introduction.

I'm not THAT bothered by their leaving the identity of the victim for us to ponder for six months. It'll be interesting to see if/how it leaks out. They've typically done pretty well at keeping secrets, but it was out there that Yeun was still filming during the whole 'is Glenn dead?' brouhaha.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Apr 4 2016, 08:51 AM
I figured you were loving Rick being brought to his knees, Gate.
I'm just sad that it doesn't look like Rick was the one that got killed last night. He is such a sniveling baby. Oh and I would have used Lucille on Carl and knocked that hat off the kid's head. LOL! I know ... I've got issues.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They'll never kill off Rick. At least we can hate-watch the show together, lol.

At first I thought Negan killed Carl, then I had to rewind to listen, again, to what Negan said about cutting his eye out and feeding it to Rick.

It was nice to see Rick's arrogance put him in such a rotten position. Sucks that he takes so many people down with him, though. While it probably won't be one of the major characters, someone will be dead now. This wasn't an accident.

I was surprised Negan had such a large army of people. How have all of those people never heard of Alexandria?

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just watched last week's and after liking a lot of the season I didn't like that one. I thought it was idiotic that Carol would go off by herself , she doesn't want to kill anybody else and then blam she wipes out a bunch of people. Then everybody running Every Witch Way when they know an attack is coming. Just stupid.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Apr 4 2016, 05:27 PM
They'll never kill off Rick. At least we can hate-watch the show together, lol.

At first I thought Negan killed Carl, then I had to rewind to listen, again, to what Negan said about cutting his eye out and feeding it to Rick.

It was nice to see Rick's arrogance put him in such a rotten position. Sucks that he takes so many people down with him, though. While it probably won't be one of the major characters, someone will be dead now. This wasn't an accident.

I was surprised Negan had such a large army of people. How have all of those people never heard of Alexandria?
Bilki, I agree with everything you said except for it not being a major character. I still think it will be. I'm leaning towards Glenn but who knows.

We will have fun hate-watching for sure. I am really mad that Rick's arrogance screwed the group.

I don't get how that large army of Negan/s didn't know about Alexandria. I mean come on.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Eleven captives on their knees - Rick, Carl, Daryl, Glenn, Abraham, Eugene, Aaron, Maggie, Michonne, Rosita, and Sasha.

A few too 'minor', a few too 'major'... Kinda think Abraham might be the best bet now, as he's sorta in between. I've read that Negan doesn't kill women (but didn't know that before... maybe inaccurate knowledge, or maybe a change the show would make...).

I've laughed at the suggestions that (ala the Glenn mystery) 7.1 will be entirely Alexandria-set, 7.2 will just be Carol/Morgan and their new friends...

No, we WILL pick up where we left off in 7.1.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/negan-uncensored-speech-the-walking-dead-dvd.html It'll be fun to see the scene with all the profanity, but I'd hope they put BOTH versions on the blu-ray, not just the uncensored...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Haven't seen the last one yet but less enthused to see it after reading about it. I'm with you guys in that I will watch it and continue to dislike rick intensely.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really didn't think the last two were that good. After liking most of the Season more than usual it was kind of a disappointing ending. Then making us wait to see who was killed. Plus then having the super villain be Jeffrey Dean Morgan I could have puked

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/walking-dead-season-7-questions-903327/item/walking-dead-buring-questions-ezekiel-903328

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: