Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Walking Dead; Season 6
Topic Started: Jul 10 2015, 02:40 PM (2,295 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/walking-dead-creator-frank-darabonts-852491
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/09/waking-dead-greg-nicotero-midseason-premiere

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fun.

Carl's eye was a comics thing that I thought they might skip, but... Nope.

Good to see everybody back in one spot again.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I've only watched half of it so far because my husband doesn't watch it and that's all I had time for but I have to say it was the most exciting 30 minutes I seen on that show for a long time. For quite a while I only fast forwarded or didn't pay attention to some of it so I really didn't know all those people really well. It would appear the little whiny boy needed to be tranquilized or something. Of all the things that they came upon don't tell me they didn't find some valium or general or something they could give the baby so she wouldn't cry and this little sniffling shift that acted like a bigger baby than the little girl

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
You enjoyed it, Krystal? I didn't watch it or record it. Maybe I'll watch it when they re-air it next Sunday.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Actually and surprisingly, yes. The first 5 minutes rock.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay I finished it. I thought it was one of the best episodes in the past several years. Of course they all can't be constant fighting with zombies but I hope the show is better.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pleasantly surprised they killed Neegan's crew off so quickly. I was not interested in getting to know that character. Killing off Jessie and her kids was a bit of a shock, too.

I was hoping Glenn's nine lives were up and he was going to be eaten by zombies while Maggie watched. These writers can duck off!

I know it was supposed to be light-hearted fun but I thought Rick and Daryl losing that truck because they just couldn't let it go with the Jesus guy was idiotic.

Poor Michonne. Romantic feelings for that dreadful Rick. I was hoping the show wouldn't go there but I like Michonne enough to be pleased she may have a little happiness in her life. I can't imagine it will last for long with Rick, though. I imagined Gate throwing something at the her TV, hehe.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Negan's still coming (he'll be in the season finale.. possibly before that, but not likely). Those were some of his people, but the guy talking wasn't Negan.

Yeah, I hated when Daryl jumped out of the truck to go run around in the field with Jesus. That was dumb.

I'm neutral on Rick/Michonne. Might be interesting (it's a deviation from the comics).

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I thought that was Negan and he talked in third person. Damn.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I though Rick and Daryl behavef stupidly. I found it annoying.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's what drives me so crazy about this show....that the characters have to make such moronic choices for a little bit of a storyline. And how did that Jesus guy get on top of the truck when he was tied up? Didn't Rick say it would take him about an hour to untie himself? It makes me think they sit in the writer's room and laugh at how they're going to piss the audience off by making <insert character's name> do something stupid. Have I said that about this show before? lol

Another stupid thing. Deanna out in the woods. How the hell did she get out there, and in such good condition? I thought I'd missed something but I saw other people talking/bitching about it.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Totally agree

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wouldn't have had a problem with Deanna's condition... Or even that she was wandering around in the woods nearby a couple months later... Except when we saw her last, if I remember right, she was going to shoot herself in the head...

Rick didn't set a time on how long it would take Jesus to untie himself, just that the knots were loose enough that he'd likely be free before a walker could get him, and they'd have driven away first, but then Rick got in the truck and they paused and laughed for a second and... Guess that was enough time for Jesus to climb aboard.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2016/02/walking-dead-producerrobert-kirkman-korean-drama-series-five-year-viki-1201708784/

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jesus' wig/hair extensions look so bad.

While it amused me that Rick and Company showed up just in time for a knife attack, the big fight that followed felt a little OTT.

Of course, the leader of Hilltop has to be an asshole. How else would Maggie get to pretend like she's a bad ass? I thought Michonne would have be more believable negotiating with that guy. Or Carol, lol. It would have been fun to watch Carol wipe the floor with that guy.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Feb 28 2016, 11:15 PM
Or Carol, lol. It would have been fun to watch Carol wipe the floor with that guy.
Definitely! So where was Carol last night? She was missed.

Last night's episode was kind of a snooze fest. I guess there wasn't enough zombies or tension for me to enjoy. :vadar:

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did they explain why Carol didn't go and I missed it? The trip to Hilltop seems like something she'd want to be a part of.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No mention of Carol (other than 'the chef's not here' when Jesus wanted to compliment whoever baked the cookie he'd just eaten). No discussion (beyond Carl opting out) of why those particular six went to Hilltop, but of course it makes sense that not all of the inner circle would go.

I liked this one, since it set up a lot of new stuff, and I think Xander Berekely as Gregory is a good addition to the cast.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are you up-to-date on the graphic novels, Dax? I have a friend who is, and while a little drunk he started going into details about the Hilltop story. I thought he was spoiling the rest of this season but it ended up being just what happened in this last episode.

I just went to Wiki to look up how much source material is left at this point.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, I stopped reading a few years ago, at 96 (and Negan killed Glenn in 100). 151 is the most recent issue...

I'll go back to it at some point, but maybe not for awhile, because I'm kinda liking the thought of watching the show and not saying 'oh, yeah, I read that'...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That ambush went better than I expected, though I didn't have a full understanding of what Carol and Maggie were in charge of.

The many efforts to hide Allana Masterson's baby bump are amusing. I couldn't believe Chris Hardwick asked her how they do it on Talking Dead, when it's pretty obvious to anyone with two eyes.

What does an acorn beet cookie taste like???

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Abraham isn't great at break-ups.

Looked like Carol and Maggie were just further-away back-up/look-outs.

Yeah, ambush went real well if they didn't lose anybody, but... Oops. Two hostages. I like Alicia Witt (making the demands on the walkie-talkie).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
13 - I liked this one a lot... Definitely one of the stronger only-a-few-characters-in-a-single-location episodes that they've done...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, I thought this episode was one of their better episodes. Really enjoyed Alicia Witt and the dialogue and subtext between Paula and Carol. I was hoping Paula would somehow make it out alive.

The cigarette-smoking lady made me chuckle.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Though she's had a long and varied career (recently, Justified; soon, Nashville; way back, Cybil Shepherd's sitcom; memorably, the 'D-Girl' episode of Sopranos), I always associate Witt with Twin Peaks first, though she only ever did ONE episode - the second season premiere, as an oh-there's-a-third-one-now daughter of Doc Hayward's, who played the piano at their dinner party... Leland's hair had just turned white all of a sudden... she also did Dune and one of the three HBO Hotel Room episodes with Lynch...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/13/walking-dead-alicia-witt-paula-the-same-boat

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
At a quick glance of her bio, I noticed she was in Dune. I'd have to re-watch that episode of Twin Peaks to remember that I saw her way back when.

I still wish we'd have gotten to see her interact with Negan. I can only imagine how pissed he's going to be when he finally comes face to face with Rick and his group.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was playing my farming game until they shot Merritt Wever in the head with an arrow. That got my attention! I'm liking this brewing rivalry between Rick's crew and the Saviors.

Carol running off because of some crisis of conscience feels more like a plot contrivance than an organic character development.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I get that Carol's going through some shit and Morgan got to her and last week was very traumatic and... But I'd think she'd get halfway through writing the letter and say 'nah' and crumple it up and go to sleep or something. Running away does not seem like a solid option, no.

It falls enough under 'character'-based that I don't think it's TOO 'plot contrivance', but it does feel like... Well, I'm sure she isn't GONE... So she'll either fall into Negan's hands or she'll be somewhere that she can save the day like she did with Terminus... Previews are fun, with Daryl going after her...

I don't like it.

Denise was SO dumb twice... Yeah, figured her luck couldn't hold out much longer...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: