Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Walking Dead; Season 6
Topic Started: Jul 10 2015, 02:40 PM (2,412 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2015/07/walking-dead-season-6-premiere-date-trailer-comic-con-1201473441/

Good trailer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-promotes-three-series-821299
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Furious that the internet ruined last nights episode for me before I could even drink my first cup of coffee. I try to watch some stuff immediately after it airs so I don't have to deal with commercials but Sunday nights are so jammed pack that there is no way I can watch it all. Ugh!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I can see it being tough to have avoided the news about Glenn. I popped in over at PreTV just to get a little taste of all the fire and fury. Oddly enough, they didn't list him "In Memoriam" part of Talking Dead. I wonder if he's going to turn up as a zombie.

I was mildly shocked but not at all moved by what happened. I like Glenn but I didn't form an attachment to him like some of the characters.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was not spoiled on the identity (though I did guess it would be Glenn), but I did see a few upset people in other time zones on facebook... none of my friends 'broke the rules', though...

I don't think they'll 'cheat' and have Glenn live... because even if you subscribe to the (popular... and reasonable) theory that those were the other guy's guts being ripped out, and not Glenn's... his situation STILL does not look at all survivable.

I do expect to see him as a walker. Sure. Gimple's statement that we'd see him again... yeah, I'm thinking that's how. (But a report that Yeun is still in Georgia filming the second half of the season... I don't know what to think about that, except... weird)

Good action in all three episodes so far.

I think next week's Morgan spotlight episode should be really good... but I DO hope we're not waiting 'til #5 to get the 'dead or not' resolution on Glenn. Kinda suspect they WILL make us wait another week. Oh, well...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was just reading an article that was explaining how Glenn could still be alive. It seems like more people are hoping for this kind of resolution. If he's going to show up as a Walker, it does seem like a good way for the show to piss people off all over again.

Damon Lindelof saying he didn't want the show to wiggle out of Glenn being dead on Talking Dead is funny.

I think all the ruckus over whether Glenn is dead or not is more interesting than the episode itself.
Edited by bilki, Oct 26 2015, 07:29 PM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://tvline.com/2015/10/26/glenn-dies-walking-dead-steven-yeun-alive-dead/

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-the-death-on-last-nights-walking-dead-is-a-no-win-scenario-for-the-show

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am actually watching and not fast-forwarding much although my husband still won't watch the show. I thought the first two episodes were very strong and I was particularly impressed with the second one I guess because I really like Carol. Her dressing up like a ninja or something was really cool. This last one was good but in my opinion not as good as the first two. I really was sort of so so with my opinions or attachments of Glen and I have to say that I would rather him go than many of the other characters. Except I still wouldn't mind if they killed off Rick or his idiot son. I have really gotten attached to Carol and Daryl other than that I guess I'm really not attached to any of the other main characters. Although I'm really fond of the guy who used to be in Southland I don't even know the name of the actor the big guy with red hair. I can't see how Glen could have survived that under any circumstances. I knew somebody was going to be killed but I didn't know who and if I had to pick somebody I guess I would have sacrificed him over many of the others.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Although I'm really fond of the guy who used to be in Southland I don't even know the name of the actor the big guy with red hair.
I think you're talking about Abraham (Michael Cudlitz)....but I had to look him up because I still forget some of their names.

I didn't care much for the first episode of this season but I thought EP2 was pretty damn good. Probably because I love it when Carol gets to be a bad ass. Didn't care much for this last episode, either. I was only half watching until Nicholas shot himself in the head, which was just about the end of the episode.

At this point, Carol is the character I care about the most. Michonne would be next in line. I do like Daryl but they haven't done much with him lately. I wouldn't care if Rick died but I don't think it will ever happen.

I often forget that Tara was a part of the Governor's crew and sometimes I don't who Rosita is after we come back from a break.
Edited by bilki, Oct 27 2015, 11:45 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Probably one of the better episodes of the series. I appreciate it when the show is a bit more thought-provoking. Not sure we needed the extra half hour, though.

I was having a bit of trouble believing Morgan would be so anti-killing at this point in the game but this episode helped to put it in context.

Haven't looked around to see how many people are pissed off they didn't resolve the Glenn issue.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, this one was really good.

Will be rooting for John Caroll Lynch (who played John Wayne Gacy on AHS this week, too) to score an Emmy nom for this...

Glad Lennie James is finally with the show full-time now.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have not watched this one yet. I did like the second episode a lot and I really like Carol. It is true Daryl has not had that much action this season so far.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOVED last night's episode. Did not care for the last one where ___ died (at least it sure looks like it). Did like the one before where Carol went all ninja on everyone.

Spoiler: click to toggle

I like this season so far. I also LOVE Daryl but I'm OK how things are going with him.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I expect Daryl will be more prominent soon.

Gimple has been suggesting Rick's hand thing isn't that serious a concern. Since BookRick has lost a hand (the show took Hershel's leg instead), I understand being nervous about it, but... Might not be that huge a deal.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jeffrey Dean Morgan cast as comics villain Negan.

I've only read through 96, and that character first appears in 100, so I don't know a lot about him, but I know the big spoiler about his introduction, and a lot of people probably do now, too, since it's been written about in a lot of articles about ShowGlenn dying or not dying...
Spoiler: click to toggle

I like JDM, am currently enjoying him on Good Wife.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That spoiler explains a conversation I was reading about a big story coming up that would involve Glenn if he lives, and who the show might replace him with if he's dead.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>I like JDM, am currently enjoying him on Good Wife.

Yeah I do too. The part he will be playing on TWD looks big. Do you think that means he won't be on Good Wife next season? I personally want him on both shows. I'm greedy. :)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't think there will be much conflict... He'll probably come into TWD late into the second half of 6... And we don't know that there IS a next season of Good Wife... They're not saying anything, but it's been assumed for years that they'd likely stop at 7...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheap trick. Whatever. I suppose a lot of fans will be happy now.

I like the conflict between Carol and Morgan. Hopefully, it won't be a moot point after all of the zombies raid Alexandria.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Trick doesn't bother me too much, except that they sure seemed to fall feet-nearer-the-dumpster, and Glenn slid upwards to safety headfirst... Crazy-scary when the walkers grabbed and pulled... Looked impossible that he wouldn't have been bitten...

Enid running off was annoying.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Those who seem the most pissed about it are making the point that the Walkers never just wander off. I was thinking Glenn would die from starvation, unless Maggie or Rick magically found him and distracted them, but I knew the show wasn't going in that direction once they showed him alive. The whole thing was pretty ridiculous. Makes me hope the incident in the comics happens even more now.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't like last week's Daryl/strangers and Abraham/Sasha episode.

I don't know about Glenn meeting the same fate as BookGlenn... Maybe...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Last week's episode didn't hold my attention at all. I played my farming game through most of it and deleted the episode when it ended. I haven't been a fan of how they've broken this season up, and I think I've complained in the past about how much I dislike it when they have the group in all different directions.

I'm ready for the mid-season break.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't mind groups splitting if their stories are good, so long as they're not all scattered for VERY long..

I liked 1-3 (lots of action, well-executed) and 4 (the Morgan one) a lot, but 5-7 were just so-so... They got a lot of fan conversation out of the Glenn question, but it doesn't feel like it was worth all the fuss, really...

Spencer's thing here was really dumb.

8 should be exciting.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Nov 23 2015, 01:36 AM
I liked 1-3 (lots of action, well-executed) and 4 (the Morgan one) a lot, but 5-7 were just so-so... They got a lot of fan conversation out of the Glenn question, but it doesn't feel like it was worth all the fuss, really...

I agree about 5-7 being just so-so.

I think the Glenn death/not was a little bit of a cheat but it is whatever.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't like the Morgan one at all, but I'm ok with most of the season this year. Not as much fast forwarding. I really didn't care about Glenn one way or another. The previews for the fall finale look pretty dramatic. Of course will be a cliffhanger. When does the show return?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
On 2/14.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This show loves to make idiots out of its characters for a little manufactured drama. For example, the nonsense with Morgan and the Wolf. I wish Carol would have killed Morgan, at this point.

Negan looks like another round with the Governor. Not hopeful about that.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't know much about Negan beyond how and when he was introduced in the comics (100, and I've only read through 96...).

I've seen people saying they respect that he 'has a code' (like Omar on The Wire), but he certainly SEEMS to be all-out-bad-no-shades-of-grey-about-him, and... yeah, I don't know if I'll like that.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is it really that difficult to write a complex villain? This world seems like a good setting for an adversary who isn't twirling his mustache throughout the storyline. I get tired of rooting for the villains to just die already.

The show didn't do much better by the Alexandrians. I can understand how they were naive to the realities of life in a zombie apocalypse but most of them still seemed like such morons. I'm just not buying that Rick and Company are the smartest remaining humans on the planet. Maybe Carol, though, lol.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Second-to-last question here addresses Negan and the Governor comparison.. http://tvline.com/2015/11/30/walking-dead-season-6-finale-negan-debut-spoilers/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: