Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Fargo; Season 2
Topic Started: Jun 18 2015, 02:41 PM (1,416 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/fargo_season_2_teaser_trailer_isolation_cold_gun_shots-2015-06
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/29249/new-fargo-season-2-trailer-promises-post-nixon-paranoia-video/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/noah-hawley-and-fargo-producers-talk-season-2-pressure-and-challenges

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kirsten Dunst -- Peggy Blomquist
Patrick Wilson -- State Trooper Lou Solverson
Jesse Plemons -- Ed Blomquist
Jean Smart -- Floyd Gerhardt
and Ted Danson -- Sheriff Hank Larsson

1979 in Lucerne, Minnesota. Molly is six.

Good premiere.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Will watch tonight. Do not like Dunst...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting first episode. The character that Dunst plays is really stupid isn't she? Why wouldn't she have called the police after she hit the guy ? It was dark and he was in the road . Out there it certainly could have been a deer . Seems like pathos is the word for this particular
Bunch. Good potential though.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Peggy doesn't seem too bright, no. Her husband Ed, either, though he did pretty well grabbing the pottery tool...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, agreed. Both idiots.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Didn't even recognize Dunst. Not the sharpest crayons in the crayon box but looks like it's going to be fun. :)

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I enjoyed it.

That judge was a bad ass. The story of Job, the bug spray....loved it! Too bad we lost her so soon.

Not going to the police wasn't the smartest choice but I can see Peggy Blomquist thinking she was in deep shit if she'd gone to them.

Do we know anything about the fate of Molly's mother from something that was said in S1?

I'll probably think of Brad Garrett as Robert Barone with a crazy wig on for a couple episodes.

Looking forward to what Jean Smart will get to do. The only thing that was recognizable was her voice.
Edited by bilki, Oct 16 2015, 10:41 PM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't remember exactly, but I think I had the impression that it was just Lou alone raising Molly... I can't pinpoint the 'why', but it didn't feel like a surprise when we saw that Mom was sick here...

I don't think Smart looks THAT different (from how I've seen her the most, recently, on 24, probably...).

Shadowy figure at the end (with Garrett) sounded a lot like Richard Belzer.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/47661/fargo-producer-noah-hawley-reveals-details-behind-his-x-men-pilot-legion/

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was Smart on gl?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, she's never done any daytime soap work... Best known for Designing Women...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/fargo-creator-annotates-last-nights-tense-scene.html

Liking it a lot. Scenes of tremendous tension... The finger on the floor, and...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think it is rather slow, hope they pick up the pace.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm intrigued by Mother Gerhardt versus her power-hungry son.

I thought the scene out on the road with Sheriff Hank and the Kansas City crew was intense. I didn't know enough about future episodes to know if Hank would walk away alive. While the finger scene was amusing, it felt like one of those teases that writers love to rely on....especially soap writers.

The bug spray on the diner table was funny. I wonder if someone close to the judge would be able to explain that.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, they killed the sheriff early (in #1, even, wasn't it?) last year when he seemed to be set as a 'major character'... but I do expect more than just two episodes with Ted Danson in them...

Still a different level of suspense when Hank MIGHT be killed, where we know Lou cannot be, but... nah, I loved the stuff in the butcher shop. Lou's not even a little bit suspicious, but that doesn't matter at all, of course...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, the power of a guilty conscience. He's just stopping by to grab some bacon while I'm in the back putting some guy through the meat grinder. If only Lou could have heard Ed's heart beating. I did love the nod the wood chipper scene from the movie. I was just thinking about McDormand's facial reaction to that the other day.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lou's visit to the Gerhardt compound was good fun. I loved "you're dancing with the wrong girl" and Dodd's reaction to it.

Didn't care for the typewriter guy but that was an awful way to go.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Oct 28 2015, 12:14 AM
Didn't care for the typewriter guy but that was an awful way to go.
I personally would have ran. I would have rather been shot then go like that.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Oct 28 2015, 06:23 AM
I personally would have ran. I would have rather been shot then go like that.
Right! I was wondering why he wasn't begging them to shoot him in the head first but running would have been a good way to get that taken care of.
Edited by bilki, Oct 28 2015, 11:23 AM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cowardly cop Ben Schmidt is a Season 1 character... In Duluth in 2006, he's Gus' lieutenant...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The showdown at the butcher shop was fun. Poor Charlie. He failed at his mission. I wondered if Dodd expected things not to go well.

Jean Smart is great but I'm finding myself not caring much who dies in the war between The Gerhardts and The Kansas City crew. They all seem like assholes.

I think I'm enjoying Hank's visits to the Solverson home more than most of the rest of the nonsense.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah... Can't say I'm rooting FOR anybody in the war... (kinda surprised Garrett got an off-screen and head-in-the-box exit).

Halfway point.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/03/arts/television/noah-hawley-on-fargo-comic-haircuts-and-living-in-the-coen-universe.html

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was also surprised Brad Garret went out the way he did, especially because he didn't get to do much.

I loved Peggy besting Dodd and shocking him with that cattle prod. It's funny that Peggy and Ed are somehow faring better than the Gerhardts.

I didn't think Hank would still be alive by the end of this one. The Gerhardt brothers must think they can really just get away with anything. I can't figure out if they're extremely arrogant or just really stupid.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Stupidity and arrogance often walk hand in hand...

I was thrown by not getting to see Peggy and Dodd again in the second half-hour...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought this was a really good episode. I was really surprised that both police officers made it out alive. I was happy for that too. I thought maybe the Gearhart women were killed but I saw that they weren't.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Renewed for a third season today.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The guy who was the star of Burn Notice look so different and changes his mannerisms amazingly to play this role. The character is certainly despicable. I thought this season started off slow but its picking up steam and I'm enjoying it

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: