Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Big Brother; Season 17
Topic Started: Jun 16 2015, 01:48 PM (2,883 Views)
jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
New house makeover looks really cool. I think its the biggest change we've had in quite awhile.

Reserving judgement on the cast though it does look slightly more interesting than alot of recent seasons. Not all models and actors. 2 returnees?

Curious how the feeds will be now since they are on the CBS all access. They are cheaper though which is nice.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was a pretty fun premier. I am a little leery of the takeover thing just because BBs twists turn out to be duds more often than not and with that many it could just turn into a convoluted mess. I know a lot of people didnt like the battle of the block last season but I actually did so I'm happy to see it return. Funny they are trying the twin twist again since it was such an epic fail the first time they tried it.

Happy BB is back, its still my summer guilty pleasure!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
They were successful in that respect but since they were both booted right after the reveal it really had no effect on the game and fell flat for me.

The only same sex twin we know about (via the online bb diehard investigators) is Liz. Her twin Julia looks quite different from her based on all the photos I've seen. Not sure how they are gonna pull it off if they are in fact the twins in question here.

pics of the twins
http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BBHGInfo&Number=23633008&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&rc=&fpart=1

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BBHGInfo&Number=23619269&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&rc=&fpart=

Let the fun begin :applause:

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm sure they will recap what happened last night, tonight. If not all you missed was the first 8 moving in, Audrey revealing to them she is trans (everyone was very supportive-a couple of the guys looked shocked but it was very positive), James (asian country guy) is the first hoh but there will be another because battle of the block is back. There will be new twist "BB takeover" it unleashes a new twist every week, thats all they really said about it. There is another twin twist-if they make it 5 weeks they both get to play. I think thats pretty much it.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
lol KMI I knew you couldnt stay away :)

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quick summary of night 1 feeds (assuming we are all cool with spoilers like past seasons)

Noms were Jackie/Steve and John/Becky- John/Becky won BOB James is the remaining HOH. The plan is to backdoor Jace. Seems its the whole house vs. Austin, Jace, Liz. Those 3 seem to think they are the chilltown 2.0 and have no clue Jace is in big trouble. Core 5 are Audrey, Da'Vonne, Jason, James, and Meg. Jeff, Vanessa, and Becky are the floaters thus far. Steve has nobody (except maybe John), he is very socially awkward and most of the house finds him creepy and weird. I actually think he's very sweet just awkward. Vanessa had a bit of a breakdown about missing home and hearing people talk bad about Steve. Not sure how much of it was legit and how much was gameplay on her part but there were lots of tears and a big pity party. Very strange for a woman who makes a living by having a poker face, literally. Shelli/Clay showmance may be happening they are flirty and talk quite a bit of game. Have-not room looks like a dentist office and beds are dentists chairs (Austin, Liz, Vanessa, not sure who else). I think maybe Da'Vonne and Vanessa got safety since they sat out of hoh and it sounds like Vanessa gave hers to Austin? Thats about all for the overnight. POV players have already been picked so its probably later today.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
It does suck that they've already been in there so long. It feels like this season more than others we missed quite a bit in that time. There has already been a few dust-ups it seems, no details just hgs mentioning them in passing. Becky told the trainwreck story last night and I'm pretty sure she said she didnt have to get plastic surgery as a result. I was trying to listen to 2 convos at once so i may have misheard but i think thats what she said. Jason is actually much less annoying than i was expecting, though he knows he is going to annoy feeders so maybe he toned it down a little knowing feeds were going live.

Da'Vonne is a poker dealer but claimed in her video to also be a good poker player. Seems weird she doesnt know Vanessa who is quite famous in poker circles. Clay is clearly a recruit and has no clue how to play BB but yes nice to look at.

John is VERY different from hi interview/video, not what i was expecting at all.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Steve won the veto. Plan is still to bd Jace as far as i can tell.

Lots and lots of game talk all day and night. I honestly cant tell the real from the fake alliances yet there are so many. Audrey is playing way to hard and she never shuts up! It will catch up to her very soon if she doesnt chill out.

I adore Steve. He no social game but he tries very hard and he might be the sweetest person to ever play the game. He always needs a hug lol.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nothing really newsworthy lately, more of Audrey talking game to EVERYONE nonstop. Several people are really starting to catch on to her game. Plan still to get rid of Jace and veto ceremony is happening now. Jace is very high strung so there could be some fireworks once its over.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I miss the round key box and going around the table. This way just doesnt feel dramatic enough even if we already knew the nominees it was always kinda fun to see the order of the keys and the reactions as they came out.

Everyone has now figured out Audreys game and she is public enemy #1 for next week (guessing production will try to save her somehow since she is the drama so far). I think Jace is still going this week, he's trying to flip the house with everything hes got but hes not making much headway.

Steve is still adorable and he likes to talk to the feeders which is always fun.

Vanessa fessed up to Da'Vonne that she is a pro poker player. Day then leaked the info to several others.

Still about 827 "alliances" happening. None are overly impressive or strong. This is a group of smart hamsters who know the game. Will be fun to see where it shakes out over the next few weeks.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
My take on everyone going into the first eviction-

Jace is highly annoying, he will be gone tomorrow and wont be missed. He has been completely ridiculous since going on the block. He didnt roll over and play dead which I appreciate but hes gone about campaigning in the worst possible way.

I think Meg will go very far in the game. Shes very in the loop but also out of all the drama.

The stuff with Da'Vonne was all pre-feed so I dont know how much it was edited. She reads people well but she her social game is not that great. She is trying to play a Danielle Reyes type game but shes not that good.

Audrey is having the pity party to end all pity parties. Shes been in bed for 2 days now, ever since she got called on her shit stirring. Shelli is pretty much the only person that still speaks to her.

Jason is annoying but less than I expected. He also comes off with some very funny one-liners. He makes me laugh as much as he annoys me.

Steve is so socially awkward I really feel bad for him. They all see the Ian comparison so he is considered a threat even though I really dont see it in his gameplay.

Shelli and Clay are attached at the hip. They both think they are great at the game and neither has a clue.

Becky is weird. She has the potential to float her way to the end.

Vanessa is smart. If she can get by a few weeks and find some allies she could be very dangerous.

Jeff is very annoying, hes playing a decent game thus far but he's a little sloppy and it will catch up to him down the line.

Jackie is a non-factor.

Austin will be gone soon. His early association with Jace will be too much for him to overcome.

Johnny is invisible. I cant even comment on his gameplay because I've seen him for maybe a grand total of an hour since feeds started and 20 minutes of that was him flossing lol.

James is in a really good spot. He made alot of allies and no enemies being the first hoh. He's not playing too hard but he's playing just enough to keep himself in everyones good graces.

Liz (and presumably her twin) are flying somewhat under the radar. Shes still on the outside looking in but has distanced herself from Jace enough that she/they might be ok going forward a few weeks.

James, Meg, Becky, Vanessa are my early picks.

This season is very chaotic. Most everyone knows the game and came to play. I still dont see a strong alliance. There are strong pairs (Day/Jason, Clay/Shelli, Austin/Liz) but none of them can seem to trust any other pairs enough to make a solid group. After the initial early targets are gone it could get very interesting. I dont ever remember a season with this much game talk and distrust this early. Makes for fun but confusing feed watching.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL yes Johnny is the dentist.

Becky and Meg have gotten very little tv time. Everyone thinks Meg looks like Taylor Swift. Becky is the reddish haired one that got hit in the face by a train.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes Audreys edit has been VERY favorable. I loved Kathy Griffins comment about she HAS to get out of bed lol. She is basically safe this week unless Day wins POV.

Noms were done Becky put up Steve/Jason Shelli put up Day/Johnny, Johnny threw BOB and Day is the target. Clay is running Shellis HOH and they both annoy me. She thinks shes on the bachelor and he thinks hes a rocket scientist.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah because of the holiday (something about union rules for holidays?) they did this last year too but it wasnt quite this extreme i think it was noms and bob within a few hours then pov the next day. It was a long intense night so they havent done much today except sleep. Silly Clay and Shelli actually thought they could talk John into NOT using the veto on himself. That didnt fly! Liz/Julia is going to be the replacement nominee.

Audrey has arisen from the dead. Shes scheming less but still talking incessantly, telling anyone and everyone about her astrology studies.

Still no phone that I have seen.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not happy to see Day go so soon either especially not before Audrey. Will be interesting to see how long she can redirect the target on her before she finally goes. She has been alot smoother with her gameplay in recent days but I think thats mostly because she knows shes safe with Shelli. If she has to start scrambling again, her game will be over. Shelli is a moron!

New alliance formed tonight Jeff/Jackie/Shelli/Clay/John seems to be the most solid this far and they actually have a plan moving forward (brigade style-each has a side person) though they havent named it yet because they all couldnt agree on a name lol. Of course they think they are brilliant for coming up with this great strategy, either they dont realize its brigade-esque or they just want to take the credit for something.

New plan for the replacement nom is Meg instead of Liz since Liz has no real allies they fear Day could flip the house on her.

They let the have-nots eat for the 4th. They didnt give them a bbq party this year, they were locked down all day.

No phone has appeared yet.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not sure exactly where the idea to nom Meg came from, the first person I heard mention it was Austin/Liz just before Shelli told Liz it would be her. Several people have brought it up but I dont know how she was actually swayed that way.

The power hasn't been named yet as far as i have seen lol. I have the same hope about the calls all being something different.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Very outdated and some very creative editing! They kinda made Becky out to look like a real bitch and a fool. Well she was kind of a fool to believe Shelli but they steered far away from revealing why Becky wanted Audrey out so badly. Audrey made some accusations about Becky and her family being racist (most of it was interrupted by fish) Beckys parents refused to sign a release so every time it is brought up...fish. I dont see Becky lying about it though.

I've never seen so many changing alliances and group shifts in the house. Its almost like these hamsters know the game to well and came in already paranoid.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jul 6 2015, 08:55 AM
I think instead it's that they know the game - just enough - to realize how difficult it is and yes, so paranoid.
Maybe that is exactly it. I've just been so used to all the recruits and non-players in recent seasons its throwing me off seeing all these people that know something about the game and it feels like they know more than they really do.

There are only very small fragments of the Becky/Audrey situation that get through, they are VERY quick on the button with that. I think it will be one of those BB mysteries that will go unsolved (unless maybe once the season is done someone will spill) due to the fact her parents didnt sign the release and whatever was said started with them discussing her parents. They were very careful to edit around it in the Becky/Shelli convo about the noms because Becky told Shelli whatever was said and that it was the reason she wanted Audrey out. They made Becky seem nonchalant about who she wanted out but in what we did see Becky was very forceful and upfront about it right off that bat in that convo. I think production is sweeping it under the rug and hoping the whole thing just goes away.

In todays news Day has figured out JuLiz. She and Jason talked it out and they are sure that she/they are twins. They shared the theory with Meg and James. It has stopped there for now. They have been testing her all day and she keeps failing.

Phone calls happened, blocked on feeds but according to Shelli Day got #7. They all drew #s the other hgs just got insults.
Edited by jbrr1212, Jul 7 2015, 04:06 AM.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Unsigned waivers are the reason we get fish alot when the decide to give shout-outs. Its usually friends though more than family. I think in season 15 Aaryns father didnt sign a waiver. He did eventually sign it about halfway through the season (after all the racism stuff happened and the family had to come out and defend her). One of her later hoh win letters came from him and she was shocked when she saw it was from him and asked aloud if she should read it because he didnt sign a waiver. So its not totally uncommon.

The twin twist is widely known now. The majority (Day, Jason, Meg, James, Jeff, Jackie, Clay, Shelli, Steve) discussed it in depth late last night and they all believe it 100%. Some very funny stuff with reactions and stories about it. They are calling them thick'ems and minnie (due to the fact one is a bit heavier than the other) among other things. Jeff is planning on grilling her during the Jeff and Austin show (the "podcast" the do at night for the feeders after after dark ends) that should be fun.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm sure production would want it timed for After Dark but they have been intentionally doing their little show after it goes off because they want to give it to the feeders only since we pay for the feeds and they know After Dark is free. This group plays to the feeders quite a bit, especially since they got Chinese food via a live feed vote, after they had been talking about Chinese food all week. It came with a note that it was courtesy of the live feed viewers so they are "paying us back" with a little late night entertainment.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Day totally screwed up in how she used the twin info. She has now told JuLiz about the speculation and used that as a way to try and "build trust" to get the JuLiz/Austin vote. I would have used that info much differently, I would have gone full-on blackmail lol. Nobody said anything outwardly telling while JuLiz was on the hotseat during the "podcast" show, they mostly just asked questions and they plan on asking the other one the same questions when they switch again to confirm their suspicions. She was visibly nervous and guarded though since Day had just told her that everyone suspects it. Steve has told Vanessa and Becky now too so pretty much the whole house is in on it (minus Austin and John). I can see the DR making a push for Day to stay but I dont see them pulling any crazy shenanigans. It doesnt seem as if there is a push being made yet though. Normally if they are pushing there is some talk or hint of it in other hg convos and thats not happening. These hamsters dont talk a ton about DR though, actually they are rule followers for the most part-no singing, little talk about DR/production etc.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
JuLiz (Julia) fessed up to Vanessa that she is a twin. Vanessa is talking her into telling Austin/Shelli/Clay (Van ran and immediately told Clay/Shelli) and using it to their advantage to keep her around until they both come in then that alliance would have the numbers advantage. Unfortunately I think Vanessa is putting a little to much trust in Shelli/Clay. It was actually quite funny to watch as Julia was very nervous and couldnt hardly get her own name out without laughing. Van coached her on all her tells and what the others were looking for to prove the theory. They both had quite a good laugh about the whole thing. Should be fun to watch on the show.

Day is still going and the rest of today was pretty boring. Day/Audrey had another minor blowup, then they decided to try and work together again (maybe a DR push?) nobody is willing to flip the vote but some are lying to Day saying they will.
Edited by jbrr1212, Jul 9 2015, 05:49 AM.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
It has become very comp/twist heavy and that has taken alot of the personal element out of the show and made it kind of boring. I'm not at all bored with the feeds though actually the feeds this season have been quite interesting to me. There isnt alot of fighting or crazy drama but there has been alot of gameplay. I find it much more interesting than last year so far. I think this season will get more exciting in a few weeks when the little groups really have to start going after each other. Right now they are picking off the fringe players but there are several core pairs or trios that will eventually have to make moves on each other that could result in some serious betrayals and fireworks.

I think the twins are more like 5-10 pounds different, not 20. Liz switched back in right after the new hoh room reveal tonight. Clay/Shelli might actually turn out to be great allies to them. Clay has been working overtime to try and dispel the theory (its not working but hes trying). John is 100% sure now because he found the one tell she cant hide, Julia has a fake tooth that doesnt quite match. Nobody else has noticed that but John told Becky about it. Its still fun watching them trying to examine her.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I watched it live and again in flashback and honestly I cant tell. He was for sure doing something under the covers and some of his facial expressions during it seemed strange, but if thats what he was doing it was very quick as the actual under blanket movement lasted less than 3 minutes. Then he just touches her back and tells her she has a spot on her shirt. You cant actually see anything on his hand when he touches her back and the twins switched right after that and were wearing the same shirt all night. I doubt DR would have let that slide. He is kind of a misogynistic pig but I'm not ready to make the jump to say he was doing THAT.

Noms-Meg/Jason James/John with Jeff as the backdoor target.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well thats kind of part of the issue, one of them flirts a little with him and the other doesnt (though both want nothing to do with him now since he is one of the main people trying to investigate the twin thing). She was awake and they were talking through the whole thing but she had a bandanna over her face and had her back to him so she couldnt see what he was doing. They werent cuddling or anything just laying in bed together chatting. I would think though she would have been able to feel that sort of movement right next to her.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here is a video of it-not sure how long it will stay up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WywH4DoQRBM

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
There is another cam angle posted on tmz that shows there really was a spot on her shirt before he touched her. Who knows....

I had seen the Steve one but not Johns. They are both pretty good.

As planned John/James lost BOB and Vanessa remains HOH.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rumors are Caleb did Survivor (already shot but will air after second chance season). I read that he does pretty frequent youtube shows but I havent watched any. Him and Derrick had some sort of falling out.

Veto today, twins switched again, Austin/Vanessa starting to have doubts about protecting the twins since they are kind of immature and are not trying hard enough to protect themselves. They confirmed it to Steve and formed a new freaks & geeks alliance.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
They didnt like the bubbles. It actually made Meg pretty sick. The others also commented on how much it burned their eyes/throats and they couldnt breathe while they were in there. I think they had to reshoot some or all of it for some reason too. They started to talk about it but "you are not allowed to talk about production" and fish. Feeds were down for a long time for that comp.

Vanessa manufactured a blow-up between her and Jeff so he can be the replacement nom.

The last 24 hrs. have been the "gronk party" music plays and they have to party toga, pool party, shower party, conga line etc. They also had to play truth or dare as voted by the feeders. Kinda lame but some fun moments to break up the nonstop game talk.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah i have the feeds. We do get random fish but I dont think its a ton more than previous seasons. One of the fights between Jeff/Meg was last week after one of their Jeff & Austin shows when she confronted him for being sexist, that wasnt blocked by fish though it just wasnt shown on the cams, and we got a full accounting by both sides afterward. Not sure about any others. Do I think they may try to whitewash certain things? Yes but I dont think its egregious. The feeders sometimes love to look for conspiracies and reasons to bitch about production. Sometimes the random fish are due to whatever is happening on the other cam (talking about people who havent signed releases or production talk etc) and it seems like they are hiding something when in fact its totally benign and has nothing to do with the convo you are watching. They very seldom block only one convo and not both (there are 4 cams but u almost always get just 2 rooms/convos). All that said season 15 changed alot of things so yes they are much more careful now and do block out of caution way more than they used to.

If any of you want to check out the feeds just let me know and i can private message u my login info.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: