Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Big Brother; Season 17
Topic Started: Jun 16 2015, 01:48 PM (1,549 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am currently in the stage of "Not watching this year." I'm extra busy this summer so I may actually stick to it. hahahaha
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked this first 8, except for Amy who seems really annoying and fake. I was glad that Clay and James both seemed to be positive about Audrey. Clay comes with some 'Arryn' style baggage. I liked James' comment about being able to understand what it's like to not fit expectations (though I hope he doesn't relate EVERYTHING to being the Asian-Southern Boy).

I am going to compromise and not record BBAD, just watch the live show and read daily recaps. :P BB Dish is shutting down and that was the best recap site imo, so I found this one in case anyone wants a board to check out. I hate Joker's Update style. http://www.hamstertime.net/ht/

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hate that they've been in the house for a full week already and that the shows we saw were from events last Friday. I thought the purpose of the 2nd nite premiere was to 'catch us up' on house doings? That means on Sunday they will have 8 days of interactions we've missed.

I liked a lot more people in the first batch than the 2nd. Jason already annoys me way more than anyone last season, and I feel bad that I was mocking Becky's bad plastic surgery and now it seems it was because of being in a train wreck. :-/
Edited by KMInfinity, Jun 26 2015, 09:00 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I'm absolutely SURE I must say the same thing every season and get sucked in but this year I'm not going to watch BBAD.

Hi Gate! Welcome to the BB 12 step club. Repeat after me: I must learn to accept the entertainment and info provided by the network show, spend <10 minutes browsing live feed posts and analysis of the night before, and binge watch quality TV.

We can do it!

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
He has a GF outside the House. He has that 'no boundaries' image so I could see him flirting with guys as part of that.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can't believe the BOB and Veto are already over and we still haven't seen BOB or noms. You know what twist I'd like? Every show live. Then they'd be forced to keep up with the House Happenings...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I liked the schedule spread out more with the tues-thurs dates. How long has it been Sun-Wed-Thu? Since BB12?

Another change I don't like with BOB. The nomination ceremony - I must like ritual because I miss the "____---you are safe." as they moved around the table, instead of this blunt "I've nominated...."

And I don't like this many people in the House. They could do a double eviction ASAP and I'd like it a lot. :D Hard to believe in BB 12 the cast began with 13 and that was considered a lot. BB13 had a cast of 14 but half were returnees we knew. BB14 had 16, but with 4 returnee coaches. It's only been since BB 15 that we've had 16 newbies. Too many to keep track of in the early game.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think it was 'historic' because they switch during a live vote. ^o)

People are saying the twist is to ensure Audrey is safe. They'll ring the phone as she walks by.. lol She has gotten a really favorable edit compared to what I'm reading by feedsters.*

*This is why I CANNOT be a casual viewer of BB. :P

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm reading they already did POV too, and John won. Holy moly - noms, bob, and veto in one day? Because of the 4th?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I will not like losing Day instead of Audrey. And Shelli gets on my nerves already too. I am disliking a lot of them already.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>New plan for the replacement nom is Meg instead of Liz since Liz has no real allies they fear Day could flip the house on her.
That's actually pretty smart thinking. Do you know who came up with that reasoning?

>>>>No phone has appeared yet.
I'm assuming the phone calls will all be in one day. Since the '7th call' is the triple disenfranchisement power. (Has any site name this weird power yet? lol) I am hoping there's a mix of calls, and that at least a couple are punishments to make the HG think twice about answering. they gotta know the call could be good or bad. (#2=small reward, #3 equals slop, etc).

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Man this 7-5 episode is just chock full of out-of-date material.

I am really not liking the way the alliances and group vibes are shaking out.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>>>Its almost like these hamsters know the game to well and came in already paranoid.

I think instead it's that they know the game - just enough - to realize how difficult it is and yes, so paranoid. They don't know the game well enough to play smart. Even Austin, who I think knows the game better than most going in and really does seem to understand was unable to avoid mistakes early. Not sure he can recover from Jace. I found out (I think) it was Austin who is pushing for Meg to go up, to save JuLiz.

The quote "A little knowledge..." comes to mind :P

I did read that Becky's push to get out Audrey is based on the racism card Audrey played but with the fishies, apparently people don't know much about it. If that's true, then BB should be angling to get Audrey out ASAP because the last thing they need is more negative publicity around that issue.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks jbrr, I wasn't sure about the background with Becky. So in part it isn't BB's fault since her parents didn't sign the waiver.

I wonder how many in the past have had unsigned waivers. I'd think that would make casting unlikely, especially if it's someone so close like a parent.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Plus Austin and a couple others have mocked BBAD as feeds for losers. I guess, meaning if you want to watch them 'in the wild' then pay up and don't be cheap.

Da' really screwed up with the twin twist. She's the one who figured it out and organized all the evidence and examples and then Jason sort of took some credit and spread it everywhere in the House. Da' should have kept it secret and used it to pressure Austin and Liz to back her, which could have gotten her Vanessa and Steve.

It could still happen because meanwhile, Da' is consistently being voted the #1 fave houseguest, so I am anticipating a push by the DR, if not outright malarkey by BB. For example, I've seen spec that BB could wait until the live show, then announce that Da' was the first to bust the twins, so Liz takes her place in on the eviction chair. BB might do it since the twin twist is a bust and then they can send the OTHER one in anyway after jury starts, in a pandora box.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I fast forwarded thru almost the entire Wed show. I don't have any faves yet, so I'm pretty indifferent to the show. For the first time on TVCH there's a thread (with a lot of participation) asking who's bored with BB. I can't pit my finger on it. Someone suggested that with all the twists and comps, the show has crossed the line from being about the people to being an actual gameshow. I dunno.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Usually after the first eviction though, I'm invested to a certain degree with some of the players at least. I don't even dislike Audrey or any of the others enough to hate-watch - yet. LOL

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I skimmed overnights and Hamsterwatch is having a hissy fit about Jeff 'doing something' while in bed with Liz. Her back was to him and sounds like he jerked off and it landed on her back.

Inquiring minds want to know if it's on flashback and if you can report. (I can't believe I'm discussing this. ugh. He may rival some of the most disliked HG ever.)

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't like his smirk. Of course, I have 'resting bitch face' syndrome so maybe his smirk doesn't mean anything special. :P

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Steve and John are both musicians... Y'all might have already seen stuff related to their music, but JIC.

Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=48&v=8WAsFS647nQ
Pretty cool. A really different side compared to what we're seeing.

John
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=173&v=B6Onk3V4XEg

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wonder how Caleb is dealing with life OTH nowadays. heh.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Holy crap I haven't been checking True Dork Times.

Yeah he was on S32. It is so weird that 32 has been in the can since early May and 31's Second Chances Final Tribal Council was three days ago. I'm expecting lots of spoilers from S32 to show up.

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s31/calendar.htm

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s32/calendar.htm

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I read feeds where down for 4 or more hours which is really unusual for BoB. Also they got drunk sipping champagne while watching so I wonder if there were 'hidden' events we will never see. I'm reading that feedsters are complaining that more and more random stuff is covered by fishies, citing at least two confrontations between 'sweet Meg' and Jeff, and other events. It used to be that things were blocked so they could be 'surprises on the broadcast, but apparently too many things have happened that are blocked AND never make the show so feedsters are suspicious that BB's goal is to 'whitewash' the HG in some ways.

jbrr I forget, do you have feeds? Do you have a sense of this?
Edited by KMInfinity, Jul 13 2015, 08:28 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thnks jrrr. I suspected many of the feedsters have a conspiracy bent. :P IMO, BB would skate pretty close to controversy in an effort to reap publicity so it makes sense they aren't heavy on the button that blocks the feeds.

I do think BB should get tougher with penalties for stuff like singing, talking about stuff that isn't covered by waivers, etc.

Thanks but I'l l pass on the feeds. I am (so far) not even watching any of BBAD. :D

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was just coming over to comment on that.

According to Da'Vonne, the rules say there MUST be an eviction, (unlike the way Survivor has sometimes not had a TC if the player quit). So BB may be delaying the POV to decide how to handle this. They are already, technically, one player short for the #of days in the house. Da' joked she hoped they'd let her back in but she knows too much.

Well, hell, so what. Make them deal with it. :D

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>>>Are they still short a person, counting that, and assuming Julia comes in?

Who knows. By my count there are 9 evictions remaining until the finale, so if they are still leaving three in for finale night there needs to be 12 in the house right now - NOT counting a DE night, which means they need 13 right now. That's exactly what they have. So if Audrey DOR's then both twins MUST stay in to keep the numbers at 13.

But several websites were saying, when Jace wasn't sequestered, that meant BB expected both twins to play. Otherwise they'd be short. It also depends on how many they leave in the House until the bitter end. I don't know if people calculated in the option of the "BIG BUTTON' Rewind (which fans HATED last year) which means there's a week with NO evictions. Da'Vonne may be right about what the rules say, but that doesn't mean BB couldn't invent some other Live event instead of eviction to keep the numbers straight.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Some are speculating she wasn't in the DR the whole time but may have left to see a doctor. Supposedly she was allowed to bring meds into the House with her, when usually they must be distributed my the DR folks, ever since someone??? was being a pharmacist ITH. I question that she has meds on her though.

I'm glad they still nommed her, because I would suspect there was pressure not to - except if BB thinks she will pull thru enough to meet Julie...well, damn. Maybe they promised that after the live vote she could dramatically exit via the DR instead of coming out to see Julie. That kind of live drama could work if she plays along enough. Then Julie can interview the HG about the situation? Or.....jump right into an endurance HoH and show more of it on TV....those can run as long as production needs.

I do feel sorry for Audrey. BB really does not seem to do well with stunt casting+psych evals.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree the BB edit for Audrey was pretty fair, given the amount of time they had to explain the whole mess.

I like Austin, though I'm hearing feedsters comparing him to Caleb, so the show will now have to ratchet up all the background on that situation if he is nominated. (That's the main problem imo with the week long blackout from the feeds and all the comp time - the show is always playing catchup on the main narrative for the target since it hasn't been able to develop multiple storylines.)

At some point, throwing BoB is going to backfire on someone. I could see James saying he will throw it and then winning anyway.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
So, Vanessa thinks if Austin wins Veto they can get him to use it on Clay or Becky? um..... I hope he does win it just to see what happens next.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't followed Austin's possible demise at all online, but what I saw on the Sunday show made me think that ultimately Vanessa would find a way to keep him off the block since it helps her, as an individual, to have him with her. It seemed more that the finagling was to make it so she didn't get too much 'blood on her hands' with the House in case Jackie remained HoH.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: