Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Big Brother; Season 17
Topic Started: Jun 16 2015, 01:48 PM (2,887 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.etonline.com/tv/166156_big_brother_17_first_look_at_the_new_house/#15

http://tvline.com/2015/06/16/big-brother-17-cast-pro-wrestler-poker-player/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/16/big-brother-welcomes-first-transgender-house-guest/

Interesting. (A transgender hamster won her season in the UK in 2004...)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://tvline.com/2015/06/17/big-brother-takeover-twist-season-17/

'We know the twists usually only last a week or less ANYway, so... This year we thought we'd do a new twist every week.'

Whatever.

One of these years, I'd like to see Zingbot be a competing houseguest. I think that would be funny. Just don't go in the jacuzzi... You'll short out....

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Premiere was fun.

To be the longest one yet... 98 days...

The meet-eight-tonight-and-eight-tomorrow thing makes it a little easier to learn names, maybe, but I prefer being introduced to everybody at once.

The ladies are pretty. James is a fun character. Nobody seems real 'not nice' at this point.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They (Adria and Natalie, Season 5) did succeed, though, made ten switches in five weeks, and nobody caught on (still remember Cowboy shouting 'It's Holly!' loudly several times while Julie was saying there was a twin...). I kinda like that they're doing that again.

I'm not surprised they're doing Battle of the Block again... And I don't mind, but I probably wouldn't have missed it if it had gone away, either...

Yeah... BB is a welcome part of summer TV for me... It's so silly, and yet...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think Da'Vonne is a poker DEALER, and Vanessa is a pro player (Vegas, I don't know her, and we don't have any mutual friends that I'm aware of, but I kinda thought we might have...).

Jason is a bit annoying, yes. But... Progress? TWO gay guys this year, a bi lady, and the first transgender?...

I do always feel like we must have missed a lot in that first week...

So did anybody watch Amazing Race 26? I didn't, but I just looked them up... Came in 7th of 11 teams...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Austin the wrestler made a number of comments on the first couple shows that seemed to indicate... Maybe I misread him, but... It would be kinda fun, as he does not fall into the 'BB gay guy' stereotype...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ah. Never mind.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They'll never give up their gotta-edit-the-competitions format, but... Yeah, I'd be good with live noms and veto ceremonies all the time to go along with the evictions...

The schedule is usually so far off that I never mind 'spoilers'... But 'surprises' all the time WOULD be more fun.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's crowded and we don't know everybody (and they don't all get equal tv-time, of course), but I don't mind starting with 16. We will GET to know them...

I kinda got tired of the key-you-are-safe ritual, but something doesn't feel right with the new one, no... the picture flash of those nominated isn't terribly helpful while we're still learning the names...

Yes on 12 (2010) being the first W/Th/Sun. 11 was T/Th/Sun..

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wednesday's show - Da'Vonne seemed really silly.

Audrey looks like Alex Vause when she's wearing her glasses.

I think I like Meg. She's cute.

Jace is annoying.

Jason is annoying.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Which smarts, by the way. Avoid being hit in the face by trains, if you can help it.

John always seems really high in the DR.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Right. Or they never did a switch during a vote. Either way, not a big 'historical moment'... But I think BB has them switching back and forth a lot more often than N&A did...

Funny that there are two other hamsters with twins in the house...

Yeah, the power to nullify three votes is a good one.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, probably aren't too many with nearest and dearest that didn't sign. Understandable that BB would be so hot on the fish button.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not that they take 42 year-old not-TV-handsome guys like me very often, but yes... It'd be fun, but without my kitties?...

I know allergies are a thing, but I've thought for a long time that the HOH should be able to have his or her pet for their week... That'd be fun.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd think they'd want to time Twin Confronting FOR AfterDark, not after...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll be interested in watching the 'they're busted' unfold on the show...

They look pretty identical on-screen (though those pre-show photos jbr linked us to showed that they weren't...), but I'd think it would be really tough to pull off faking the 'private conversations' thing for that length of time...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not watching feeds or reading anything other than what's here (and then I forget 'spoilers' anyway, somehow, so it doesn't matter), I'll still have 'hey... apparently, there is a houseguest named Clay... huh, I forgot that...' moments in the show.

Like complaining about 'the new' schedule (that changed five years ago), I agree with (and have said) that last thing KMI mentioned having read... That the show is a lot more game-focused and less personality/character-interaction invested than... it was at some point. Can't pinpoint when - it was gradual - but it's been a bunch of years now that it's been like that.

I don't want Season 1, with the five-days-a-week and it wasn't the same game (America votes... well, that was never going to work...), but... There's a little too much game in the game show in its present state, yeah.

Of course, I still watch, and as a new season approaches, I always seem to forget about being unsatisfied with last year...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Still light 'summer fun' for me, but like Survivor, there's a huge We've Seen It All, Many, Many Times factor, for sure. It's gotten old.

I'll still like when they're fighting and betraying each other. These early conflicts (whatever the hell Clay & Day fought about last week... I couldn't figure it out, it was such a 'nothing' issue, I figure the DR was saying 'you have to fight about something', so they just made up shit) aren't strong. More fun when trusted allies turn on each other... Here, wisely, few seem to be trusting of many others at all...

I don't really like or hate anybody yet. A few 'I'll bet that person would be an annoying roommate' people, but nothing extreme.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
'Fat'/'skinny'.. Okay, but they're not 20 lbs apart, are they?

'Friendly one'... Funny.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Has he been cuddling/kissing with her (er, them) for a bit, and was that happening here, or...? Is the accusation that he was assaulting her while she was sleeping?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is why we love BB. Only on this show...

I like the helpful red circle the YouTube poster adds for us.

He might be... Though one WOULD think he'd not forget about all the cameras on him... But there's nothing to suggest finishing and wiping. 'You have a stain on your shirt' is unfortunate timing, but... I don't think this is anything.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Getting some press - http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/10/the-big-brother-masturbation-controversy-how-the-cbs-reality-series-brings-out-the-worst-in-men.html

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hm. I voted FOR Survivors-to-play-BB (hasn't happened yet) or Hamsters-to-play-Survivor (got Hayden), but Caleb's not somebody I was really rooting for seeing again... Oh, well. Maybe he'll frighten us with another unwanted-advances-obsession and give us something to talk about.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sunday's show was fun.

I wanna play in bubble foam.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not the FIRST time, but... Yeah, I do think Julie's been sharing her opinions with the evictees more this year than in previous ones... Phrasing the questions more like an involved fan than the ChenBot of old...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm sure they'll do the one-comes-back-in thing, but early evictees like Day go home, aren't sequestered... Are they still short a person, counting that, and assuming Julia comes in?

Quitters... On one hand, it's interesting, it's 'drama', but... I'm judgmental like Probst - you don't DO that...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Weird.

Threat must have been pretty good to force her to stay... And yet, she still got out of coming to the veto ceremony.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
What about his girlfriend-outside-the-house? 'On a break'?...

I know next to nothing about wrestling, but one of my friends plays a manager in this group... http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Future_Stars_Of_Wrestling

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
My FSW friend is 'Sal E. Dynasty'...

Cheating is wrong (duh), but I definitely understand the isolation making for people developing big crushes... I think Austin seeming to resent Julia or being bummed when it's her turn in the house is very funny...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: