Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Big Brother; Season 17
Topic Started: Jun 16 2015, 01:48 PM (1,547 Views)
jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nothing really newsworthy lately, more of Audrey talking game to EVERYONE nonstop. Several people are really starting to catch on to her game. Plan still to get rid of Jace and veto ceremony is happening now. Jace is very high strung so there could be some fireworks once its over.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can't believe the BOB and Veto are already over and we still haven't seen BOB or noms. You know what twist I'd like? Every show live. Then they'd be forced to keep up with the House Happenings...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They'll never give up their gotta-edit-the-competitions format, but... Yeah, I'd be good with live noms and veto ceremonies all the time to go along with the evictions...

The schedule is usually so far off that I never mind 'spoilers'... But 'surprises' all the time WOULD be more fun.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is why I can't stand the Wed/Thurs/Sun scheduling, and liked it better when the events in the house were closer to real time.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not a fan of the new schedule either. Just don't care enough yet to invest too much time. I'm sure I will but still trying to catch-up on DVR stuff.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I liked the schedule spread out more with the tues-thurs dates. How long has it been Sun-Wed-Thu? Since BB12?

Another change I don't like with BOB. The nomination ceremony - I must like ritual because I miss the "____---you are safe." as they moved around the table, instead of this blunt "I've nominated...."

And I don't like this many people in the House. They could do a double eviction ASAP and I'd like it a lot. :D Hard to believe in BB 12 the cast began with 13 and that was considered a lot. BB13 had a cast of 14 but half were returnees we knew. BB14 had 16, but with 4 returnee coaches. It's only been since BB 15 that we've had 16 newbies. Too many to keep track of in the early game.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's crowded and we don't know everybody (and they don't all get equal tv-time, of course), but I don't mind starting with 16. We will GET to know them...

I kinda got tired of the key-you-are-safe ritual, but something doesn't feel right with the new one, no... the picture flash of those nominated isn't terribly helpful while we're still learning the names...

Yes on 12 (2010) being the first W/Th/Sun. 11 was T/Th/Sun..

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I miss the round key box and going around the table. This way just doesnt feel dramatic enough even if we already knew the nominees it was always kinda fun to see the order of the keys and the reactions as they came out.

Everyone has now figured out Audreys game and she is public enemy #1 for next week (guessing production will try to save her somehow since she is the drama so far). I think Jace is still going this week, he's trying to flip the house with everything hes got but hes not making much headway.

Steve is still adorable and he likes to talk to the feeders which is always fun.

Vanessa fessed up to Da'Vonne that she is a pro poker player. Day then leaked the info to several others.

Still about 827 "alliances" happening. None are overly impressive or strong. This is a group of smart hamsters who know the game. Will be fun to see where it shakes out over the next few weeks.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wednesday's show - Da'Vonne seemed really silly.

Audrey looks like Alex Vause when she's wearing her glasses.

I think I like Meg. She's cute.

Jace is annoying.

Jason is annoying.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
My take on everyone going into the first eviction-

Jace is highly annoying, he will be gone tomorrow and wont be missed. He has been completely ridiculous since going on the block. He didnt roll over and play dead which I appreciate but hes gone about campaigning in the worst possible way.

I think Meg will go very far in the game. Shes very in the loop but also out of all the drama.

The stuff with Da'Vonne was all pre-feed so I dont know how much it was edited. She reads people well but she her social game is not that great. She is trying to play a Danielle Reyes type game but shes not that good.

Audrey is having the pity party to end all pity parties. Shes been in bed for 2 days now, ever since she got called on her shit stirring. Shelli is pretty much the only person that still speaks to her.

Jason is annoying but less than I expected. He also comes off with some very funny one-liners. He makes me laugh as much as he annoys me.

Steve is so socially awkward I really feel bad for him. They all see the Ian comparison so he is considered a threat even though I really dont see it in his gameplay.

Shelli and Clay are attached at the hip. They both think they are great at the game and neither has a clue.

Becky is weird. She has the potential to float her way to the end.

Vanessa is smart. If she can get by a few weeks and find some allies she could be very dangerous.

Jeff is very annoying, hes playing a decent game thus far but he's a little sloppy and it will catch up to him down the line.

Jackie is a non-factor.

Austin will be gone soon. His early association with Jace will be too much for him to overcome.

Johnny is invisible. I cant even comment on his gameplay because I've seen him for maybe a grand total of an hour since feeds started and 20 minutes of that was him flossing lol.

James is in a really good spot. He made alot of allies and no enemies being the first hoh. He's not playing too hard but he's playing just enough to keep himself in everyones good graces.

Liz (and presumably her twin) are flying somewhat under the radar. Shes still on the outside looking in but has distanced herself from Jace enough that she/they might be ok going forward a few weeks.

James, Meg, Becky, Vanessa are my early picks.

This season is very chaotic. Most everyone knows the game and came to play. I still dont see a strong alliance. There are strong pairs (Day/Jason, Clay/Shelli, Austin/Liz) but none of them can seem to trust any other pairs enough to make a solid group. After the initial early targets are gone it could get very interesting. I dont ever remember a season with this much game talk and distrust this early. Makes for fun but confusing feed watching.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I guess I need to sit and watch the opening sequence several times because I didn't realize there's a Meg, a Becky or a Johnny in the house. Oh wait, is Johnny that annoying dentist?
Edited by bilki, Jul 2 2015, 08:50 AM.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL yes Johnny is the dentist.

Becky and Meg have gotten very little tv time. Everyone thinks Meg looks like Taylor Swift. Becky is the reddish haired one that got hit in the face by a train.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Which smarts, by the way. Avoid being hit in the face by trains, if you can help it.

John always seems really high in the DR.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was it Big Brother history because Natalie and Adria always voted individually? The Twin "Twist" is kinda lame but Liz and her sister were fun to watch.

That BB Takeover power is crazy.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Right. Or they never did a switch during a vote. Either way, not a big 'historical moment'... But I think BB has them switching back and forth a lot more often than N&A did...

Funny that there are two other hamsters with twins in the house...

Yeah, the power to nullify three votes is a good one.

Jenni
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When they did the twin switch before I believe there were multiple sets of twins including Drew who won? I'm just Illini this from memory so May to be accurate lol. That's the first time they've switched them on live TV too. I'm liking is twin twist because when you see them together you can see a difference between them. Jace's reaction as a bit ridiculous, glad he's out!

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think it was 'historic' because they switch during a live vote. ^o)

People are saying the twist is to ensure Audrey is safe. They'll ring the phone as she walks by.. lol She has gotten a really favorable edit compared to what I'm reading by feedsters.*

*This is why I CANNOT be a casual viewer of BB. :P

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes Audreys edit has been VERY favorable. I loved Kathy Griffins comment about she HAS to get out of bed lol. She is basically safe this week unless Day wins POV.

Noms were done Becky put up Steve/Jason Shelli put up Day/Johnny, Johnny threw BOB and Day is the target. Clay is running Shellis HOH and they both annoy me. She thinks shes on the bachelor and he thinks hes a rocket scientist.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm reading they already did POV too, and John won. Holy moly - noms, bob, and veto in one day? Because of the 4th?

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah because of the holiday (something about union rules for holidays?) they did this last year too but it wasnt quite this extreme i think it was noms and bob within a few hours then pov the next day. It was a long intense night so they havent done much today except sleep. Silly Clay and Shelli actually thought they could talk John into NOT using the veto on himself. That didnt fly! Liz/Julia is going to be the replacement nominee.

Audrey has arisen from the dead. Shes scheming less but still talking incessantly, telling anyone and everyone about her astrology studies.

Still no phone that I have seen.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I will not like losing Day instead of Audrey. And Shelli gets on my nerves already too. I am disliking a lot of them already.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not happy to see Day go so soon either especially not before Audrey. Will be interesting to see how long she can redirect the target on her before she finally goes. She has been alot smoother with her gameplay in recent days but I think thats mostly because she knows shes safe with Shelli. If she has to start scrambling again, her game will be over. Shelli is a moron!

New alliance formed tonight Jeff/Jackie/Shelli/Clay/John seems to be the most solid this far and they actually have a plan moving forward (brigade style-each has a side person) though they havent named it yet because they all couldnt agree on a name lol. Of course they think they are brilliant for coming up with this great strategy, either they dont realize its brigade-esque or they just want to take the credit for something.

New plan for the replacement nom is Meg instead of Liz since Liz has no real allies they fear Day could flip the house on her.

They let the have-nots eat for the 4th. They didnt give them a bbq party this year, they were locked down all day.

No phone has appeared yet.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>New plan for the replacement nom is Meg instead of Liz since Liz has no real allies they fear Day could flip the house on her.
That's actually pretty smart thinking. Do you know who came up with that reasoning?

>>>>No phone has appeared yet.
I'm assuming the phone calls will all be in one day. Since the '7th call' is the triple disenfranchisement power. (Has any site name this weird power yet? lol) I am hoping there's a mix of calls, and that at least a couple are punishments to make the HG think twice about answering. they gotta know the call could be good or bad. (#2=small reward, #3 equals slop, etc).

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not sure exactly where the idea to nom Meg came from, the first person I heard mention it was Austin/Liz just before Shelli told Liz it would be her. Several people have brought it up but I dont know how she was actually swayed that way.

The power hasn't been named yet as far as i have seen lol. I have the same hope about the calls all being something different.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Man this 7-5 episode is just chock full of out-of-date material.

I am really not liking the way the alliances and group vibes are shaking out.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Very outdated and some very creative editing! They kinda made Becky out to look like a real bitch and a fool. Well she was kind of a fool to believe Shelli but they steered far away from revealing why Becky wanted Audrey out so badly. Audrey made some accusations about Becky and her family being racist (most of it was interrupted by fish) Beckys parents refused to sign a release so every time it is brought up...fish. I dont see Becky lying about it though.

I've never seen so many changing alliances and group shifts in the house. Its almost like these hamsters know the game to well and came in already paranoid.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>>>Its almost like these hamsters know the game to well and came in already paranoid.

I think instead it's that they know the game - just enough - to realize how difficult it is and yes, so paranoid. They don't know the game well enough to play smart. Even Austin, who I think knows the game better than most going in and really does seem to understand was unable to avoid mistakes early. Not sure he can recover from Jace. I found out (I think) it was Austin who is pushing for Meg to go up, to save JuLiz.

The quote "A little knowledge..." comes to mind :P

I did read that Becky's push to get out Audrey is based on the racism card Audrey played but with the fishies, apparently people don't know much about it. If that's true, then BB should be angling to get Audrey out ASAP because the last thing they need is more negative publicity around that issue.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jul 6 2015, 08:55 AM
I think instead it's that they know the game - just enough - to realize how difficult it is and yes, so paranoid.
Maybe that is exactly it. I've just been so used to all the recruits and non-players in recent seasons its throwing me off seeing all these people that know something about the game and it feels like they know more than they really do.

There are only very small fragments of the Becky/Audrey situation that get through, they are VERY quick on the button with that. I think it will be one of those BB mysteries that will go unsolved (unless maybe once the season is done someone will spill) due to the fact her parents didnt sign the release and whatever was said started with them discussing her parents. They were very careful to edit around it in the Becky/Shelli convo about the noms because Becky told Shelli whatever was said and that it was the reason she wanted Audrey out. They made Becky seem nonchalant about who she wanted out but in what we did see Becky was very forceful and upfront about it right off that bat in that convo. I think production is sweeping it under the rug and hoping the whole thing just goes away.

In todays news Day has figured out JuLiz. She and Jason talked it out and they are sure that she/they are twins. They shared the theory with Meg and James. It has stopped there for now. They have been testing her all day and she keeps failing.

Phone calls happened, blocked on feeds but according to Shelli Day got #7. They all drew #s the other hgs just got insults.
Edited by jbrr1212, Jul 7 2015, 04:06 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks jbrr, I wasn't sure about the background with Becky. So in part it isn't BB's fault since her parents didn't sign the waiver.

I wonder how many in the past have had unsigned waivers. I'd think that would make casting unlikely, especially if it's someone so close like a parent.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, probably aren't too many with nearest and dearest that didn't sign. Understandable that BB would be so hot on the fish button.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: