Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hannibal; Season 3
Topic Started: Jun 8 2015, 02:30 PM (469 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dr. Gideon and Hannibal were delicious, good fun. It was interesting to watch someone who had nothing to lose talk to Hannibal in such a manner. I'm pretty sure I hated Gideon when he was on the loose but it's been so long I did feel some sympathy for him in the flashbacks. I was impressed how calm he was, considering the circumstances. I imagine most people would be distraught.

I liked the creepy music but Bedelia descending into the "abyss" of her bathtub was hardly subtle. The image of Lucifer over Hannibal's face felt obvious, too.

Someone at PreTV speculated that Bedelia's hand down her patient's throat was how he "swallowed" his tongue, which makes sense.

Gillian Anderson is doing a great job of being believable as someone who is both repulsed and captivated by that creature who calls himself Hannibal.

Looking forward to seeing more of the gang in the upcoming episodes. I so hope we get to see Dr. Chilton this season.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was a nice bit of validation to see that Sepinwall made mention of that deer creature in last week's episode. I wasn't sure if I was being too sensitive but I thought that was an awful image. All of the splashing blood scenes weren't sitting well with me, either.

Abigail being alive was a bigger surprise than her being dead, but that was all just a ruse. I imagine Will is dealing with quite a bit of guilt with his betrayal of Hannibal pretty much being the cause of Abigail's death.

"I forgive you." That was almost as memorable as last season's "I believe you."

Haven't watch EP3, yet.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
If anything surprises me, it's that they made the announcement already. We usually have to wait until later in the season. But there wasn't much in the last three episodes to attract new viewers. And, I've long thought being on NetFlix would have been more beneficial for this show during the off-season.

For as much as I tend to dislike procedurals, I feel like I'm missing the murder-of-the-week element. I agree with you that there were some beautiful images in EP3 but I haven't felt the desire to re-watch the last 2 episodes. I really hope they're done with the snails.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was hoping the Verger recast might help me to like the character a little more. It didn't. He's still too much of a cartoon for me.

Chilton! YAY!

I was pleased Alana Bloom got in the mix of them all conspiring to get Hannibal.

Poor Bella. She has one of my favorite lines of the series.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
In S2's finale, she says something to Hannibal about how forgiveness isn't something you do, but something that happens to you. It sounded so beautiful the way she said it. Gina Torres was great. I wish we'd gotten to learn a little more about Bella while she was alive.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
More snails. Ugh.

I'm still not sure why Chiyoh pushed Will from that train. At first, I thought it was a dream.

Hannibal answering Alana's call made me chuckle. Still enjoying this vengeful side of Alana.

Yeah, poor Pazzi. He was blinded by arrogance and greed. Perhaps stupidity.

That fight was crazy! Jack showed up to win, this time. I know we're supposed to believe Hannibal is smarter and faster than just about everyone but it's nice to see him bested, occasionally.

Looking more and more like S4 won't happen.
Deadline.com
Edited by bilki, Jul 6 2015, 07:48 PM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did they bump the show from the line up? I see Dateline on from 9-11 tonight.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finished 7 last night. As you know, I'm not a fan of Mason Verger, so I was reluctant to watch an episode in which I knew he would play a big part. I watched most of Verger's scenes while playing on my iPad. So glad he's dead! Enjoyed the conversation with Will and Hannibal there close to the end. Interesting that they had Hannibal surrender. I wasn't expecting that.

From reading around, I know a few bits and pieces about the Red Dragon story. Curious to see how they will structure this part of the story. I hope I enjoy this second half of the season more than the first, as it will probably be the end of the series.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hannibal was outsmarting them throughout, so it was a logical conclusion that he surrendered. It amuses me, though, that I've spent the past two years wondering how he would slip up and they would catch him.

Pleased to see them return to their previous form with EP 8. I even got goosebumps during the pendulum-light-flash thing they do when Will goes into his profiler mode.

Dolarhyde felt a little OTT. Perhaps that's how he's supposed to be, so I just hoping he doesn't become another Mason Verger for me.

Always happy to see Chilton in the mix!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Aug 16 2015, 09:41 AM
Pretty scary when Daredevil goes after Will's family like that...
That was a pretty good episode. Perhaps my favorite of the season. I knew Dolarhyde (he looked like a more frightening Daredevil, haha) was going after Will's family at some point during this story but I didn't know the end result. That scene was intense!

Dax, do you know if the Red Dragon story ends with this season? A friend of mine claims Fuller has said this story would carry over into the next season, which we likely will never see.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Aug 25 2015, 11:45 AM
why did Dolarhyde turn on Reba in the most recent episode?
They didn't really explain it, other than the implication that Dolarhyde's involvement with her is supposed to be an obstacle to him fully becoming the dragon.

Poor Chilton. That was truly horrible.

The show has become a mash-up and great scenes and stuff I find a little too OTT. I thought the scene where Reba shows up at Dolarhyde's place while Chilton is there was quite good. Anderson's painfully slow line delivery and Armitage's dragon voice annoyed the hell out of me.

I was a surprised Will finally brought up Lecter being in love with him, as it's felt like something the show has only alluded to around for its run.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Reba was my favorite part of The Red Dragon story. I thought Rutina Wesley was excellent. I think I even started falling in love with her myself. I did appreciate that there was some inner struggle between Dolarhyde's love for Reba and his transformation into the Dragon but, otherwise, I didn't grow to care about the character. Maybe if the show had covered Dolarhyde's unfortunate background? Perhaps Hannibal is the only serial killer I could be both repulsed and intrigued by.

So cool to get a new song by Siouxsie Sioux during that fight scene.

Multiple interpretations of that last scene. I thought Bedelia had cut off her own leg in a I-beat-you-to-it-Hannibal kind of way. Others had thought Hannibal had done it and that Will would be joining them for dinner.

Because I haven't enjoyed this season nearly as much as the previous ones, I don't feel like I'll miss the show. But I am curious to see where he'd have gone after the fall over the cliff. Maybe I'll miss Alana Bloom tormenting Hannibal a little. I love her hatred of him.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 6 2015, 08:49 PM
or understand him beyond 'whoa, dude is nuts'.
Exactly how I felt. I think part of the problem was that I didn't get a sense of the method behind his madness. He wanted to become The Dragon but I didn't understand why. Just because he's crazy? At least with Lecter there was the understanding that he was a cannibal who wanted to enable and inspire other serial killers, though I don't remember what motivated his killings as the Chesapeake Ripper.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply