Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Survivor - Second Chance - Cambodia; Season 31
Topic Started: May 23 2015, 02:28 PM (1,155 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Dec 18 2015, 06:47 PM
It's NOT a 'sob story', it's, you know, Really Good News...
The way the show portrayed it felt like it to me, and my opinion is as valid as anyone else's. But I realize my issues with crying play into it. There are other overly emotional moments on this show that I don't understand. I imagine being in such an extreme situation plays a big part.

Interesting how the show spun Spencer's story. Is that because they didn't want it to seem like Jeremy was the obvious winner? I guess I did think Spencer had a chance.

It's nice to know that Kelley Wentworth could have won.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, I agree that's how Jeremy and the show presented it... I just didn't think it was, like, a sad thing that SHOULD have won him extra votes... It's a HAPPY thing that he was having another child...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This edgic poster makes a good point about how the current interviews, after the players have see the show, might not reflect their feelings at the time of voting and might be inaccurate, even if they believe it now.
getting real

I recommend watching the Jury Speaks videos of each juror on Youtube. Because they were filmed just as the jurors were about to vote, they give a much more accurate portrayal of their state of mind at that time rather than the the slightly more distorted recollection they may have acquired after watching the season.

From my interpretation, it appears that Kass, Ciera and perhaps Joe were ready to vote for Spencer prior to the Jeremy's final question fireworks. Kass, in particular, said that if Spencer answered her question in the way he ultimately did, he would get her vote.

It's also clear that Kelley, Abi, Keith and Kimmi were among those who thought Spencer too arrogant in the way he flipped his way to the end from a position of power. Interestingly, Stephen makes no mention of that at the time, despite highlighting it in his blog now, several months later.

Interesting also that Andrew, Ciera and Kimi thought Jeremy arrogant as well. Ciera also thought him humorless and prone to avoiding eye contact.

Finally, given the season’s emphasis on old-school v new-school, Stephen actually sets up the dichotomy, saying that Jeremy represents old school honor and trust in alliance while Spencer represents new-school cut-throat voting bloc flipping.

bilki

Interesting how the show spun Spencer's story. Is that because they didn't want it to seem like Jeremy was the obvious winner? I guess I did think Spencer had a chance.
Yes. Think of it this way. They know (it's been confirmed that Probst, the lead editor, and a couple of others know the votes right after being cast) Jeremy wins in a landslide. They also have a ton of footage showing him in control every step of the way. They also have footage of him making strong social connections with most of the cast. He also has found two idols. The editors need to make a creditable case for someone else to win to keep the show interesting. Plus, they do NOT know this could be the 'greatest season ever' - it 's clear to them they have great footage of random stuff, but in terms of a winner at FTC it's a disaster. Apparently Tash and Spence were two such huge goats they rivaled Phillip and Hantz on the dislike scale. So they use Spence's story and manipulate it to the point he seems a possible winner, even though it's not really a true story at all.

Apparently Spence is pretty depressed and is having a hard time with the fallout of the game. I think he's just self aware enough (unlike Hantz) to care that he is perceived this way by his 'colleagues.'

-Vytas was not allowed to come to the finale. He left Ponderosa without permission and went back home and tweeted to boost his Yoga school enrollment. LOL

-Jeff did NOT ask for the now classic show of hands concerning the final boot's inclusion in the FTC, which is telling for Kelley. My theory is that once she was booted, it would make the show seem weaker if she didn't make the FTC and could have won, so they avoided the issue.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting how they manipulate us. I feel like such a sucker, lol. But it would have felt a little like a disappointing season if I'd figured Jeremy was the sure winner before they got to FTC.

I just finished the Reunion show. All of those injuries in the next season stressed me out, lol. I don't mind seeing Caleb again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: