Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Summer Viewing; 2015
Topic Started: May 23 2015, 12:40 PM (1,715 Views)
blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
You're glad something is cancelled Dax, because now as a completist you don't need to watch anymore of it. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah. It's become ever-more-tiresome to get through... I just love the redhead actresses...

I only watched 3/5ths of Falling Skies and skimmed the series finale showrunner interview this morning...

I only watched 3/4 (er, about-to-be 3/5ths) of Heroes.

But yes, I'm usually pretty 'committed' if I stick with something into Season 2 (I did quit The Following before its third-and-last).

But I don't think I could/would have watched an UTD 4.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Documentary Now! (IFC)
-
Fred Armisen
Bill Hader
Hosted by Helen Mirren

Half-hour parodies of documentaries and documentary forms. First one was like Grey Gardens and written by co-creator Seth Meyers. First season is seven shows. Renewed through Season 3.

I like both guys a lot, but I have doubts as to how some of these premises will sustain 22 minutes of sort-of comedy, or play to people who haven't seen what they're playing with. #2 takes on Nanook of the North/Nanook Revisited and co-stars John Slattery.

This is an odd project.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Murder In the First and HOW are done, so we are only watching Fear TWD! Otherwise, Netflix and old movies.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That project does sound odd, Dax. I may try it though. I still haven't finished Rectify, Halt & Catch Fire or Humans.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's a quasi-SNL spin-off as the fun they had making the 'History of Punk' mini-doc at the end of Armisen's run inspired them to make more like it (and Fred's already got a good relationship with IFC...).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
DVR is at 66% in the first time since forever (I let go of a few movies that are on HBOGo...). I'm current on everything that's running now. I'm knocking out a backlog of Always Sunny, Portlandia, and Archer.

I wanted to go to work today and get a bunch of shirts done for people that have been waiting for close to two weeks... But I've got a cold and contracted a big case of I Don't Feel Like Driving Across Town Right Now. But with that attitude comes guilt...

I'm doing laundry. The cats are thrilled I've been around all day today and yesterday (except when I had to pick up a pizza... that was a necessary outing, even though my taste buds were kinda off..). I just wish I didn't feel like a bum for taking Labor Day off and enjoying an actual TWO-day weekend, instead of just having one...

Looking forward to the Colbert Late Show starting tomorrow. I'll watch all of the first week.

Looking forward to Project Greenlight (Season 4, back after ten years off...) on Sunday on HBO.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finished the finale of Extant. S2 was better than S1 by far. The end of the season finished strong, with several clever twists and rel character material, and a great cliffhanger surprise that can lead into a season 3 arc immediately.

And Jeffrey Dean Morgan was a great addition.

I'm hoping for a season 3.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't seen the last episode BUT I agree Season 2 was a lot better than Season 1. Can't wait for finale. Love Dean Morgan.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Colbert is doing fine. And he's got a great band... Love the theme music.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
SYTYCD - I missed Mary, and the rotation of guest/semi-regular judges. Paula has history with Nigel, but neither she nor Jason Derulo added much 'chemistry' to the panel. Was fun to see Travis and tWitch as coaches, though.

Gaby and Jaja were favorites, so I was glad they were in it the whole time.

Got bored sometimes. Always internet-while-watching, would never keep my full attention.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought it was strange that tWitch never danced. Was this explained as Travis did, I don't think he was banned from it.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Definitely wouldn't have been banned... Yeah, a bummer that we didn't get a performance from him, I agree...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Extant cancelled - http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/09/extant-canceled-halle-berry-cbs

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
No wonder it had become totally absurd

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Whispers Cancelled at ABC - http://tvline.com/2015/10/22/the-whispers-cancelled-season-2-abc/

This does not surprise me at all. It was not that good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · TV News & Misc. · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: