Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Survivor - Worlds Apart; Season 30
Topic Started: Jan 21 2015, 01:27 PM (1,331 Views)
blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay so now we know the twist...interesting it could work or not if everyone is too mean or too nice it would be bad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jenni
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The one person I was rooting for...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It warms my heart to see all the hate for the Blue Collars over at the other site. It didn't make me laugh but Rodney did a good impression of Mike.

Now that Joe is gone I should be able to get through these episodes in about 15 minutes. I still like Jenn but it's not as fun to root for someone who doesn't want to be there.

What happened to Carolyn? She was interesting in the early episodes. Now I feel like we've barely seen or heard from her in weeks.
Edited by bilki, Apr 16 2015, 09:28 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My god these are unlikeable people. I actually hope a hurricane washes them right away. Somewhere, there's spoilers with Jeff saying OTR that he dislikes this cast more than most of 'em.

I suppose the F4 is Rodney-Carolyn-Will-Tyler, and Tyler is the only one with a VERY WEAK, flawed but not X'ed edit, so I guess he has a chance as a lukewarm winner, like Natalie White.

But I'm hoping Dan flips with his double vote (after his the flippers-never-win' quote that would be so ironic) and Dan-Dan-Mike-Shirrin-Sierra boot Rodney. He and Will are just awful.

The misogyny theme makes me hope that somehow Shirrin pulls it off. I love her, flaws and all. Her edit has so many holes, and yet she is gaining a fanbase.

Missing Jenn already.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love my family. The hardest part of being on BB or Survivor would be not seeing or touching my cats for that duration...

But I wouldn't offer to sacrifice an immunity challenge... Or probably even a good meal in the food auction... For a 'letter from home'. I mean, my Mom writes good letters and everything, but I'll see her when it's over... I'm playing Survivor...

I love my family, but I always think these people get a little TOO emotional over their letters...

-

Will really does cross the game/personal line with Shirin. Fine not to like her, but he DID 'attack' and came off like a real asshole (far from that dancing-YouTube-happy-guy first impression)

Hoarse-voiced Mike sounds like Bob Einstein (Super Dave).

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Perhaps it gives insight to their fragile state of mind at this point in the game but the boo-hoo-ing over the letters always annoys me. It did seem petty for Shirin to object over Will getting his letter but I was glad she did it. I haven't liked him since he started voting for the other No Collars to be evicted.

I don't know how she's doing it but Shirin is growing on me.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMI, have you heard anything about Will making any kind of statements over social media after this episode aired? Are they allowed to do that? So much hate for him over at PreviouslyTV, and I'm assuming it's the same on other boards.

The crazy thing is that some people are saying worse things about Will than he said about Shirin. Do they not see the hypocrisy? Probably not, lol.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll check around. I've been cautious checking post episode stuff - there are rumors of late spoilers and I've been avoiding them this season because if Rodney or Will wins, or even C/T, I will be so disappointed with the editing of the show I won't want to watch the end.

>>>he crazy thing is that some people are saying worse things about Will than he said about Shirin. Do they not see the hypocrisy? Probably not, lol.

:firemad: Probably not. Though, to be fair....they are fans of the show and get to vent. It's a close call but Shirrin deserves more respect from a co-player than Will deserves from fans, since going on reality TV is, imo, the definition of fame-whoring and the risks it includes.
Edited by KMInfinity, Apr 25 2015, 07:49 AM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/survivor-unveils-32-candidates-for-second-chance-season

I haven't looked at the list (or videos, which will be helpful for memory jogging) yet, but I like the 'no winners, nobody who's already played more than once' rules.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The article with Jeff about it was great...can't find link. Some people who are current contestants are on the list. So he was questioned about what would happen if they won the show, if so then the next person would get to go.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
haha... This is subterfuge, because I cannot imagine anyone but Mike winning at this point, unless the editors decided to just screw with fans and the edit to make the winner look worse than usual for some reason.

There are some of those names I'm really looking forward to seeing, but not together. (Kass/Spencer)
Edited by KMInfinity, May 8 2015, 04:43 AM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
After watching the Ponderosa videos, I got a glimpse of why some were saying Shirin was annoying. The White Collars were saying that about her before the merge.

Hali had started a trend of receiving each new jury member with a warm welcome. I'm curious to see how that will play out when Dan arrives.

Carolyn choosing to keep her reward, rather than give it to crybaby Rodney, was the best laugh I've had in weeks. I was so relieved she played her hidden immunity!

Mike winning immunity when he most needs it is one of the few things that's kept this season watchable.

Edited by bilki, May 13 2015, 11:50 PM.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I also laughed when Carolyn left the whiner Rodney out of the reward. He annoys the hell out of me!

I'm pretty bored by the play this season but I still really dont have a good feel for who is going to win, thats keeping me mildly interested. Usually by now its somewhat clear how things might go but not so much this season. I dont particularly like any of the ones left but thats ok, there have been lots of winners i havent liked.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
If it's not Mike or Carolyn who win, I'll be surprised. The edit hasn't been kind to Will or Rodney. Sierra's edit hasn't been bad but she hasn't done much throughout the game.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Man. This is the worst reunion show ever. It's pretty clear Jeff dislike them a lot.

I still like Jenn the best.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think part of it was he wanted to get to the stuff with the second chance people. I don't think he hates everyone, just almost everyone.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
May 20 2015, 09:40 PM
Man. This is the worst reunion show ever. It's pretty clear Jeff dislike them a lot.
I haven't watched it yet but it's interesting that you say that. Over at PreTV, they kept saying that Jeff was calling this one of the best casts ever, and no one could figure out why.

Mike winning immunity with his back against the wall was about the only thing that kept me interested for this long. I'm assuming he's going to win but I'm still watching the jury questions.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mike's mom was fun. I felt bad for her that she had the experience of going out there, then left feeling like she'd disappointed her son.

Jeff spent too much time on Dan. Dan must have really pissed the show off with his comments about the editing.

It was fun to watch them choose the cast for the next season, though I think they short-changed the S30 cast in the process.

I don't remember many of the chosen past cast members but I do remember that I really disliked Abi-Maria. UGH! Of course, Joe made it in. Shirin got sympathy votes. Other than her big fight with Will, I can't think of anything else that made her stand out this season.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was bored with a bunch of the season and didn't like anybody much and didn't hate many of them enough to care... Who were the votes for Carolyn and Will? I know their faces, but couldn't say their names...

I like Shirin's dress at the final tribal council.

Fun that the Final Three was one from each tribe.
White placed 18, 14, 13, 8, 7, 2 (tie).
No collar placed 17, 16, 11, 10, 9, 2 (tie).
Blue placed 15, 12, 6, 5, 4, 1.

Mike a deserved win.

Dan bugs me.

Funny, Jeff's 'so are you lying or misremembering?'...

Rodney birthday joke was good.

I didn't get a chance to see any of the 'vote for me' videos, but the announcements were fun... http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-second-chance-cast

Jenni
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm excited for next season. Really curious to see the Cass/ Spencer dynamics. I don't remember some of them so I'll have to refresh my memory.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, next season will be fun.

KMI, was it true what you'd seen (speculated?) before, that 32 has already been played? I feel for those in the finals that have to wait a full YEAR to get their results....

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
A lot of people are disappointed that T-Bird and Shane didn't get in. There are a couple I barely remember and will have to look up.

>>>>>KMI, was it true what you'd seen (speculated?) before, that 32 has already been played? I feel for those in the finals that have to wait a full YEAR to get their results....
According to TDT's site, Season 32 has already wrapped, finished filming on May 7th.
http://www.truedorktimes.com/s32/calendar.htm

Here's the filming of S31, the Second Chance calendar - May 29th-July 5th
http://www.truedorktimes.com/s31/calendar.htm

If true, then S32 is done but their live finale won't air until May 2016. This is a super long stretch because apparently they want to air Cambodia with the Second Chance Players first. So Koh Rong 32 will wait a full year to see who won. (Koh Rong is also in Cambodia and likely the Second Chance players for #31 will use the same locations and camps but a different name...)

Here's the calendar for the season that just took place. The final tribal council was filmed on Sept. 11 2014, so Mike had to wait about 8 months.

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s30/calendar.htm

For a long while now the show has been filming the two seasons pretty much back-to-back from one location.

This thread from Sucks started back in Feb to spoil location and names for seasons 31-32.

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/119438/S32-Koh-Rong-BrawnBrainsBeauty-II-Think-Know?page=1#.VV8PUkbLlQg

Gives some good background on how the French Survivor impacted ours and how the themes and tribe identities morph into being. The first few pages still contain a lot of rumor and spec but eventually it's all accurate. For example, the 32 twist likely uses Brains v Brawn v Beauty again. The middle pages of the thread get pretty snarky with trolls and so called l337 h4x0r boasting. Then starting on page 9 someone shows up claiming to be a cast member just returned from shooting, and Anti (the legendary Sucks mod) shuts him down with style. Pretty fun stuff. There's also some discussion of why we can't trust Jeff and the crew for informal reports of whether it was 'a good season.'

LOL:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/24aykw0.jpg

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Was Second Chances based on votes alone? With all the disappointment I've seen that Shane didn't make it, I'm surprised he didn't get enough votes. I love Cirie, so I know I watched his season, but I can't remember him even after watching his "best moments" on YouTube.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Personally, I think he's overrated, but ymmv. People are saying CBS wouldn't fix the votes, because that must be illegal now based on all the voter participation sites.... but even the other survivors have commented they really expected Shane to be in the top FIVE not the bottom five.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: