Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Justified; Season 6
Topic Started: Jan 18 2015, 06:36 PM (1,321 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sigh. Just one more...

Markham has Ava and Loretta.
Uncle Zackariah was a little slow on his surprise, but Boyd is hurt.
Couple locals just confronted Raylan... but I'm not too worried about that...
Wynn's getting a new ride prepped.

Here we go.

... "Your teeth glow in the dark."

I love it.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
This season they did everything they could to make Boyd nothing more than a cold blooded killer. I'm guessing the last show will be a repeat of the first episode but this time Raylan will be totally Justified!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
The "your teeth glow in the dark" line was classic.

Glad Boyd didnt kill officer Bob.

Sad we are down to the end.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I do hope Bob makes it.

Loved all his Raiders babbling...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/goodbye-to-justified-a-sharp-tongued-quick-drawing-pleasure-to-the-end
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/justified-raylan-boyd-787763

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
2buddy4u
Apr 8 2015, 07:00 AM
This season they did everything they could to make Boyd nothing more than a cold blooded killer. I'm guessing the last show will be a repeat of the first episode but this time Raylan will be totally Justified!
Yeah, Boyd is bad, but he IS that local anti-hero. He is MORE THAN a killer. I feel like, if the show was being faithful to Boyd's ambiguity and grayness, he would NOT have shot the truck dude who was NOT spinning blarney. That scene would have played better if Boyd had let him live.

I have loved everything about Boyd's journey except this. :no:

I hope the showdown with Boone and Raylan happens early, and happens like this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDi3cpedm5c I want it to be anticlimactic, so his final scenes (I am assuming) with Boyd are the highlight.
Edited by KMInfinity, Apr 13 2015, 08:43 PM.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really liked Boyd until this season...I guess killing Dewey and the guy in the truck were just so senseless and unlike Boyd that I think they wanted us to look at him more like a killer than an anti-hero. I am going to miss this show.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
And poor Carl who just helped him escape the hospital...

Boyd's killed seventeen guys on-screen (link goes to 15 pages; one is a three-in-one, robbery co-conspirators in an explosion). A few were 'justified', 'self-defense'-ish, where if he hadn't gotten them, they'd have gotten him. Some were not.
http://justified.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Killed_by_Boyd_Crowder

He is the bad guy. He's smart and funny and cool, but he's always been a bad guy. He shot one of his gang in the head in the pilot because he thought he might be a police informant because he kept scratching his head.

Our hero's tally - http://justified.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Killed_by_Raylan_Givens

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, the OCD research mode kicked in... :P I used Dax's link. (I'm only counting 15 though... ? Two guys with Kyle? )

Quote:

"Killed by Boyd Crowder" (Descriptions quoted from site)

C

Chandler - a representative of the Detroit Mafia who is supposed to bring Boyd Crowder a drug shipment, but instead, attempts to rip him off
Johnny Crowder - a career criminal
Dewey Crowe - Dewey is an idiot,

D

Devil - deal offered to him by Robert Quarles to turn on Boyd.

E

Kyle Easterly - on a heist mission

E cont.

Ernesto - the nephew of Gio Reyes and is in charge of driving a van full of meth into Harlan

G

Gil - a meth cooker accidently killed by Boyd when Boyd throws a Moltov Cocktail into the meth lab

H

Hagan - a pedestrian taken hostage by Boyd Crowder so that he can access the mountains unnoticed
Jared Hale - a white supremacist

J

Hestler Jones - a sex offender who joins Bo Crowder after his release from prison, becoming his right-hand, killed after kidnapping Ava

L

Carl Lennon - members of Boyd's criminal enterprise

M

Manolo - henchman working for Alberto Ruiz

P

Lee Paxton - rich group of businessmen, conspires with Harlan County Deputy Nick Mooney to set up Boyd to be arrested for the murder of Delroy Baker,
Ethan Picker - a henchman working for Nick Augustine

R

Ross - a representative of the Detroit Mafia

Everyone listed is a bad guy of some sort, except Hagan last week. That's why I think his death is qualitatively different and a flaw in Boyd's characterization. Sure, some of the bad guys were killed in cold blood but they were all playing with fire by dealing with Boyd and should have known that there's no honor among crooks. Carl is probably the next most egregious, since Boyd is betraying an associate, but yet Carl also knows Boyd, and should know what he's associating with.

Funny coincidence... My daily bible reading was Galatians today, all about the question of being justified by faith rather than good works or through the law. I'd forgotten that one meaning biblically is the idea that to be justified (through Jesus) is to be above human law.

New International Version
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

The focus on the idea that the law is limited, and flawed, and twisted by those in power (Romans, Pharisees, etc... very resonant with the series.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hated the hat, but satisfied with the way they ended it.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Agree on hating the hat! I liked the ending my hubby hated it. I think I read rumors of a possible movie at some point so this ending definitely leaves that possibility wide open. Kinda glad Winona and Raylan didnt end up together as I never really liked her much anyway. I wish we would've gotten a little bit of where Loretta ended up. Lots of fun references to the moments throughout the series to tie it all up. Pretty happy with it.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think the hat's okay. The joke, of course, is that it's BookRaylan's hat, and the ONE thing that really bugged Elmore Leonard was TVRaylan's hat.

I thought it was a splendid ending. Why'd your husband hate it, jbr? What would he have preferred?

It had everything.. Just a joy throughout.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see Loretta in the epilogue, but I'm sure she's fine, growing weed, legally or not, in Harlan. I did love her stopping Boone from firing again, and the terror on her face as she ran towards Raylan...

I will miss these characters.

Just a beautiful, terrific scene between the two guys at the end.

http://tvline.com/2015/04/14/justified-series-finale-raylan-winona-split-showrunner-graham-yost/
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/justified-producer-on-who-lived-and-who-died-in-the-finale-and-a-mags-cameo-that-wasnt

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hate might have been too strong....mildly disliked might have been more like it. He's not a big tv fan in general so it takes alot for him to invest in a show. Pretty much the only shows he has invested in recently were this and SOA and it took til season 2 (Mags) to get him to invest in Justified. He watches other shows with me but he just watches because I have them on and he is here lol. He's a big action, less nuance kind of guy. There were parts he enjoyed but I think he would have liked the final showdown with Raylan/Boyd to be bigger, louder etc. He most likely would have been thrilled if one or the other had died (probably Raylan killing Boyd and then having a snappy comment afterward) or at least if there were a shootout. He likes characters with the "badass" attitudes and he just didnt feel like it was badass enough, i think. I think maybe if we were to binge watch the whole series over at some point in the future he might change his opinion some.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Since Loretta was present when Markham and Ava were talking about the money, I figured she found it!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nah. Ava gave Wynn the money for passage out. Maybe he let her keep a bit to get started, but the bulk of the 9 mil is with Duffy in Fiji.

Loretta got Mags' estate, so she did okay.

Unfinished business - Dickie's still alive...

http://deadline.com/2015/04/justified-series-finale-spoilers-1201409470/

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Loved it a lot. I'm not partial to 'Four years later' epilogues to wrap a story, but that was very well handled. I even liked the new hat. When he put it on in the elevator, and it was black, I was thinking just maybe he was gonna meet Ava and really was in on some kind of deal with her... for Willa's sake. Somehow I guessed Ava was pregnant. Wish the kid coulda been more Boyd-like, if such a thing could be.

really really glad Ava made it out alive.

Loved all the tiny moments worked out so well.

Loved the final line. That whole scene at the end was awesome, despite being in prison on phones.

My only tiny caveat - With less tragic ending, and the redemption racket going strong for Boyd, it makes the Hagan kill all the more out of sync with the finale story.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL .. I hated the hat too. Loved the ending. I agree with KMI about Boyd's son because I wish he looked more like Boyd. Raylan was funny 'I see you feed him well'. HA!

Happy Ava made it out alive. Loved the last scene even though they were in jail. Very satisfied.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked it a lot. I do wish they hadn't written Boyd to be all that bad though...it seemed he should have been on death row not preaching to the inmates.

Glad all the bad guys bit the dust.

I usually do not care for flash forwards either but this was a satisfying one. As much as I do not like Winona, it was cool that Raylan was still in law enforcement and had a good relationship with his daughter.

And really glad he let Ava go, even if the child did not vaguely resemble Boyd :)

If Mad Men finale is half as good I will be happy.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/1379/justified-finale-postmortem-executive-producer-graham-yost-breaks-down-the-series-end/

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Even though I was not crazy about the season I will still miss the show, the characters and the dialog.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2015/12/the-code-australian-series-fox-justified-graham-yost-1201648867/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: