Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Justified; Season 6
Topic Started: Jan 18 2015, 06:36 PM (688 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tuesday.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/justified-team-teases-the-series-end-live-blog
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love this show. So much heart and soul, and so many little character moments. The S6 premiere was like an elegy, breaking my heart.

So much to comment about when I get a few moments, but three things right away...

-So many 'walks down memory lane' for the characters but not forced. Very organic. Ava's story is so sad. And makes me almost mad at Raylan for being...just a bit...mean.

-Boyd. Oh my poor lost soul, looking for white sands and blue water, and thinking the thug life is gonna get it for you.

-Art, and that foreshadowy line is breaking my heart already in the first episode and we've got a whole season to live through.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love this show. There's such joy while watching it... Such beautiful poetry in so much of the dialogue. Olyphant and Goggins are fantastic in every scene.

Raise a glass to Dewey Crowe. Finding his turtle dog wasn't quite the good omen he thought it was...

Welcome, Garret Dillahunt. Better now than never...

Sigh. Only twelve episodes left...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/01/justified-oral-history/

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Such a great show. So much heart.

KMI, I agree about Ava's story and I'm mad at Raylan for being so mean and hard on her. :,(

Boyd, is just so sad.

I knew Boyd was going to shoot Dewey I was just hoping he wouldn't because he didn't want to clean up the mess and bury the body but he did and he got his 'buddy' to clean up after him. :(

I'm going to miss this show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love it and will miss it a lot. It was a great first epi.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>>>KMI, I agree about Ava's story and I'm mad at Raylan for being so mean and hard on her. :,(

I visited PTV, and yeah they do tend to nitpick and bitch way more than average (and even more than I do :P ) but boy oh boy I did NOT realize the level of disdain so many had for Raylan and how many are hoping for/expecting his demise. >:-(

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love Raylan. I think it's fun (and entirely understandable) how Rachel and Tim and Art will often be annoyed with him, but I'm definitely 'on his side' in most things.

I hope Raylan survives the series. I'd like to think Olyphant and Yost may choose to do a standalone movie or two 'someday'.

Boyd will not survive, but I kinda hope it's not Raylan that kills him. Might be Ava. Might be something we can't easily predict.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>>I think it's fun (and entirely understandable) how Rachel and Tim and Art will often be annoyed with him, but I'm definitely 'on his side' in most things.

This isn't a spoiler, but general spec from PTV. I'm hiding it because sometimes the trolls post spoilers as spec 'they just happened to think of' that is in fact spoiler based. Happened so often in the GoT thread that someone was on permanent 'cleanup' duty at TWoP to delete fake 'spec' as it was posted. So, JIC.....
Spoiler: click to toggle

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Boyd knows about Raylan setting up Nicky Augustine, and that will surely come back into play. I don't think I see the Feds setting up an elaborate sting to get Raylan, though... That doesn't feel right.

I forget... What did AUSA Vasquez say was the reason his bosses signed off on bringing down Boyd now (where it was never treated as a priority before... It's different now because...? Of course, I mean storywise, not 'it's the last season, so duh')?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>>>Boyd knows about Raylan setting up Nicky Augustine,
As does Art...hence...

>>>>>I forget... What did AUSA Vasquez say was the reason his bosses signed off on bringing down Boyd...
I don't know if we got specifics except in the finale of S5 that it's a RICO case and that's why Ava was released...which is why some PTVers are suspicious that the unstated target is Raylan.

Good recap of the series and the setup for S6. Love the exploration of the theme of mercy as the driving force in the show, and ironically the driving force in so much tragedy.
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/justified-season-6-preview-seasons-1-2-3-4-5-recap-raylan-boyd/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dickie selling Loretta his land was funny. Mmm, Apple Pie... If I was Markham, though, I don't know if I'd trust the shot after just a teeny-tiny pinkie taste...

Boyd and Wynn's reaction shot was a big laugh...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I did not expect that.....

I am not into it as much...I don't like Mary Steenbergen, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and the wig is as bad as the ones on The Americans. I think the purpose is to cover as much of her face as possible, she looks terrible. Also, the white hair villian, he looks and sounds like an old tortoise now...

Just not enjoying it as much as some seasons....still a good show compared to most though.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
How many more are left? I would say the psycho has a big part in next weeks episode!

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Last week's "Burned" was just awesome. (6X09) Awesomer than usual. That holler party Markham hosted was al---most as good as the community meeting over the mining syndicate back in Mags' time.

Agree with Sepinwall: If this was filler, then it was filler that was vastly more fun than many dramas' fundamentally series-altering installments.

I am not entirely sure how I will feel about the whole series if Boyd and/or Raylan dies. Because Boyd is not wrong that he and Loretta are far FAR preferable to Markham and other outsiders. I cannot exactly figure out if there's a double scam going on and in fact Boyd is really working with the marshals (maybe to get Raylan?) because it makes no sense they'd rather take down Boyd than Markham. And worse, if Duffy is the CI, didn't we decide last week the CI likely killed the marshal/USDA agent years ago when Catherine's hubby was killed? So....why are the marshals working with Duffy to get Boyd if Duffy's really worse?

I just can't see, given the stories we've been told, how the show can make Boyd's death the endgame with all these other monsters running around. Boyd is not Jax.

I haven't watched 6X10 yet. There's 13 in the season, so 3 more 2buddy.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Loretta was so great at that meeting.

#s 9 & 10 both terrific.

Crazy that Psycho Boone is asshole Bob Little from Parenthood...

There's no scam to get Raylan...

I don't think Raylan will die. I hope he doesn't.

Boyd might. Yes, Markham's got to go, too (and I'm sure he will), but Boyd IS a bad guy, as charismatic and likable as he is...

I trust they'll do the right thing. End of 10 was a fun surprise...

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree with you KMI, there is more to this then just getting Boyd....something is missing!!

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>There's no scam to get Raylan...
Are you SURE? Because even worse than Raylan dying would be Raylan being un-marshalled. The stuff with him and Rachel and Art has been especially chilly and that makes me sad if they don't fix that by season's end, or even worse....

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pretty absolutely sure. Not a bad theory earlier in the season, but... That's not what they're doing. Any twist that direction would be a terrible cheat. There's 'tension' in those relationships, sure, but they're all on the same side...

I think Raylan COULD lose his job, but that wouldn't be worse than death... But I think he'll get the Happy Ending, be with his family...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Surprise ending for sure. I hope Boyd does not get killed as well.I know A a didn't kill him anyway. Love playing all the scumbags against each other.
Edited by Krystal, Mar 27 2015, 12:13 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, random scenes of dickwad gunslinger not needed. Really. Really really not needed to complicate the plot and make me realize how big of a dickwad he is. I'll be just as happy when Raylan shoots his ass without having to plumb the depths of dickwad's nastiness.

I was pretty sure Mikey was gonna betray Duffy, wish he'd chatted with Boyd when he called Katherine.

Boyd was so happy when he pulled up and hugged Ava. I am still not really buying this story. On the one hand, I get that Ava does not want to go to prison, but I also don't believe that she'd betray Boyd or shoot him. I just don't think it's organic to the story. It just seems like she would have taken her chances with Boyd to escape. Though angry Boyd who yelled at Ava to just trust him was pretty scary. They needed more of that in the past to build this into a story.

IMO, they're ending a season too soon :P Last season Ava spent too much time in jail to really explore her mixed feelings and eventual split from Boyd so it's happening too fast this season. Instead, S6 should have been about the slow disintegration of their relationship, THEN she turns on him in S7.

And mostly, because, 7 is greater than 6. :D

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The jail stay WAS the split/relationship-deterioration, though.

This is working for me. I don't agree we needed more Boyd/Ava beats to get us here. Yes, it's a shock to see her shoot Boyd, but I don't think it's inorganic... She really was positioned in a place where she could pick EITHER side, and I'd buy it... Fear triggers impulses.

I do have credibility issues with Markham handing over the money (Really?) to Boyd in order to save already-suspicious-of Catherine... Really? After all that with the safe, the quickie kidnapping was really, really easy... I don't mind Markham being a bit of a dummy, but that one was tough...

I don't want Raylan to die and I don't think he will. I would love occasional new movies/mini-seasons 'someday', if Yost and Olyphant thought that it might be fun.

Boyd could die... Boyd could go to jail... Boyd could get away... But if he DOES die, I really don't want Raylan to be the one to put him down. That end dampers the 'but they kinda like each other' bromance we've so enjoyed... Raylan (TV Raylan, as opposed to original Book Raylan) spared Boyd in the pilot, and I don't really wanna see him do the other thing... They used to shovel coal together, you know?

But I trust they'll do the right thing.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I really don't want to see Raylan get offed and I doubt (and hope) he is not. I'd still like to see Boyd get away, even though I watched him blow Dewey's brains (what there were of them) out.

Yes, this pissant gunslinger needs to be killed, fast.

I couldn't buy Markham tossing the money so quickly either.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, Markham's ransom of Katherine seems to need some backfilling - more to come?

Most of the comments about the show and the season on PTV are glowing - but there is discussion of what most think is the major plot flaw this season, which sort of fits with my concerns centering on Ava...

Quote:

Poster 1:
Ok so they have Ava working for the Marshalls so she can keep herself out of prison, but therein lies my question. She was originally arrested for murder, but Boyd ruined that by killing the people that made the case and she was going to be released. Next the guard faked like she had stabbed him, and she went to prison for that. Later though he recanted his statement, and the Marshalls know about that. My question is what charge are the Marshalls holding against her to make her cooperate? She was already cleared of the murder, and they know the guard faked his stabbing, so what do they have on her to make her a CI? They keep saying she is going to go back to prison to face her charge, but what charge are they talking about? From what I see she has been cleared of everything???

Reply:
The writers may not think so, but this whole Ava prison plot, which was shaky to begin with, does not make any sense if scrutinized too closely, IMO. Their goal is to move the action along- and they have been successful in that respect because most would not look too closely. I can only offer why it bothers me so much it has undermined my enjoyment of the entire season.

The most significant fact is that Ava was arrested on state or local charges initially. Just as she was on the way to being released on bail, she was sent to state prison on state charges for assaulting a corrections officer, Fekus. The state prosecutor- not the Marshals/feds/AUSA Vazquez- decides the charge(s), which are adjudicated in the state system before a state judge, and whether or not she goes to jail. If Ava was released, it was with the consent of the state prosecutor, who may have agreed with the Marshals that it was in the interest of the state and the feds to bring down Boyd Crowder and that Ava's life was in such danger that she should be released, and a judge has to approve. If she does not fulfill her agreement with the Marshals, then the state prosecutor may have said that she must be returned to state custody while this case goes through the courts. After all, she could have been kept in a prisoner-witness protection unit within the system.

Here's the problem: there are federal guidelines for a CI agreement, including indicating any past relationships with any of the parties involved (ie, Raylan and Ava's past sexual relationship). And if Fekus did not actually recant, but the Marshals engaged with him and used him in a ruse to throw off Boyd, et al, then they have in effect 'tampered' with a witness who happens to be the main witness against their CI. If the feds had reason/evidence to believe that Fekus lied but did not inform the state prosecutor, then woe be unto them. If Vazquez had not revealed that he has compromising photos of RG/Ava, then woe unto him. OK, so the state and Fekus' counsel (he'd better have had one) gave the Marshal's their blessing: this case going through the system is a prosecutor's nightmare, whether or not Fekus recanted.

Ava's lawyer should know better. She has/had the upper hand (if she survived prison) and stood to benefit from multiple lawsuits (after last nights episode, that is all moot). The Fekus claims could have been disproved by the most basic forensic investigation. If that was not done, only a crazy prosecutor would bring that hot mess before a judge or jury.

Worse yet, in last nights ep, Raylan reminds Ava that she was "sentenced.." But Ava has been neither tried nor convicted. Sloppy plotting (it all could have been so much better and more effective). Everytime Raylan and Vazquez threaten her with prison, I just roll my eyes.

Of interest: How Justified Came to Be...

http://previously.tv/justified/read-an-oral-history-of-how-justified-came-to-be/
Edited by KMInfinity, Mar 28 2015, 04:05 PM.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, I did not buy into the Ava in Prison so much either...

I think this season is weaker than I had hoped. It is still a good show though and I will miss the characters.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMI - Yeeeeaaah... I don't know what they have, or think they have, over Ava. That's a problem, absolutely. The show isn't perfect. I choose to let it slide, throw my hands up to 'Oh, well... the show IS gloriously entertaining, so...', but yeah. That's something I'll look closer at on a theoretical 'someday' re-watch... But for now... I'm not going to dissect it too much. Letting it go... (agree that it was super-wonky that Danny Strong's guy could stab himself and implicate Ava THEN... that was a silly contrivance...)

I had posted a link to that oral history already (fourth post in the thread...).

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>I had posted a link to that oral history already (fourth post in the thread...).
Oops. sometimes I click on links if have time, sometimes I don't.

>>>I'm not going to dissect it too much. Letting it go..
see, I would normally, except I don't like that she's so willing to turn on Boyd. If she was fully committed to helping him and trying to run with the 10 mil, I would probably not notice how weak the case is against her. Knowing the marshals have a weak case makes the betrayal even LESS likely, so that's bugging me in the back of my mind.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what her plan is now (but she's with her uncle in the previews, right? Probably an off-screen scene we didn't see in the last hour, and once we get that, maybe we'll have a better understanding of her turning on Boyd..), even with the money (assuming that is the money). She might have Limehouse's papers, but she gave Raylan the Ofay name...

As presented, even if they've fucked up the details/reality of it, Ava had to go along with the marshals to ensure her freedom. Knowing she's going back to jail anyway (Raylan told her so)... okay, that makes Boyd the stronger choice.

But she DOESN'T entirely trust Boyd... and discovering that he killed Dewey was a big deal for her (even if, as Raylan says, it's not something they can stick him with, without a body).

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Mar 26 2015, 12:30 AM

There's no scam to get Raylan...

I don't think Raylan will die. I hope he doesn't.

I'm not so sure anymore after tonight...Throwin his badge in the car was not a good sign!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Whee! Too much fun.

Yeah, Raylan's a wanted man now, but it's not like Vasquez or Art or Rachel were targeting him all along... Ava shooting Boyd and taking the money, and then everything happening this week... Pieces are all re-arranged now...

Boone had better not harm Loretta...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: