Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Person of Interest; Season 4
Topic Started: Jan 8 2015, 06:23 PM (1,082 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not liking this season much and really disliked the last one. Very repetitive. Shaw better not be gone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I ended up not seeing last season, I had them all on DVR and then DVR crashed so they went poof. I am recording this season but they are just stacking up. Not sure if I will watch or just officially be done with it and delete. I liked this show so much in the beginning but somehow it just lost its luster very quickly for me.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
OK I'm obviously not the norm because I'm really enjoying this season a lot. I liked last season but this season and last night's episode was fantastic.

I won't spoil last night's episode but I liked the way it was played out.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm four behind. Of the first seven, I've liked some and been bored by some... which has kinda always been the case. I thought the new hiding-from-Samaritan status quo was 'interesting', but I didn't/don't want it to stay like that for very long, because it's not THAT interesting...

I think it's a fun parallel that POI and The Good Wife both had those shocking midseason deaths last year, and this year John is working at Carter's desk as Fusco's partner and Alicia is in Will's office.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really want to see if Samaritan is really the bad guy or not. Not that they don't have issues, but was hoping they could both come together for the better good.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I did not like the multiple scenarios. I felt it very repetitive and it bored me. We nearly skipped the episode. But looks like it is part of a trilogy. ..I am barely hanging on with this show.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm with Gate...

LOVED the multiple options - the writers are doing a fanTAStic job of exploring the issues of AI and totalitarianism.

I also love the performances, and the writing is witty and clever most of the time. There's a slow episode here and there, but since I like 'thought-problems' and what-if scenarios, I tend to like even the ones most others don't. I'm actually very much enjoying how they are handling the mytharc with the Number-of-the-week plotting.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like the interaction as well, I just did not care to see the same thing repeated over and over. Now I just read that the actor who plays Shaw is 6 months pregnant (with twins), so that is why she had to gone BUT they may find a way to bring her back.

I thought the kiss was interesting. I hate when I bond with a character and they are gone. I never liked Root much, damn. I think the ladies could carry a show alone.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have adored Amy Acker since the TV show Angel. And she is absolutely terrific in Much Ado About Nothing, so I like Root just osmosis.

Time to rewatch Angel...It's been awhile.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love Amy Acker. I'd love to settle down and have a couple lovely children with her.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I never saw her before this show.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Love Amy Acker. KMI, I was just thinking that I haven't seen Buffy or Angel for a few years and I think it's time I start rewatching. Next time I have a long break and an empty DVR I'm going to try and start them again.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://tvline.com/2015/01/10/person-of-interest-shaw-dead-returns-root-reaction/

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>"You can’t read the closed captions, those people are renegades! They’re writing their own damn show.”

LOLOL

(referencing that the CC says there was a gunshot when the show fades to black, not an indeterminate 'sound' that could be the elevator slamming shut as the evil Samaritan bitch takes Sameen into custody....)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Those people are optimistic that the show will be on in two years I guess. I wonder about Shah dropping out to have kids at this time. This is the first really good job she has had and I don't think her hsb is exactly George Clooney. However tic toc with women and I hope she gets something or returns here again.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal, POI very handily beats its competition in its time period. Though it does drop of a lot from NCIS and NCIS-NO, I doubt anything would hold those NCIS numbers. And its numbers are down since Taraji left.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/01/06/tv-ratings-tuesday-decent-start-for-marvels-agent-carter-ncis-person-of-interest-rise-marry-me-falls-chicago-fire-forever-steady/346561/

I guess it would depend on whether they think they could get something as strong to replace it, which is always a big if.....

Also...there are some new rumors (I guess due to Shahi leaving and Taraji Henson on Empire) that Taraji Henson did not really willingly leave, but was pushed.... um, did anyone hear any substance to that rumor?

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I depend on you guys for info, so no. I liked Henson a lot. Shah grew on me but Root has not. I didn't realize the show had such a big following, NCIS I know is popular, I can't figure why but like the old LO it just keeps ticking away. I have it on live while preparing dinner so it gets not a lot of attention.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Henson definitely left willingly... She had a 'gentleman's agreement' when she joined that it not be 'forever', even if it was probably a pretty standard five year deal that she signed... She and they knew that she wanted 'less' than that if it was possible...

I think POI running seven years is a pretty safe bet (but I think I'd prefer it go out in six... I'm already anxious to see Emerson in something else...).

>> I wonder about Shahi dropping out to have kids at this time. This is the first really good job she has had

She's had other good jobs, and her name was in the mix for a bunch of stuff before joining the show full-time (Remember how her solo 'relevant side' felt like a planted spin-off? That was considered, but I think she was also attached to two pilots that season... Neither went forward, but either way, her career seemed to be on an upswing when she took the spot here...).

I doubt she'll really take two full years off, but it's cool that she can if she wants...

>> and I don't think her hsb is exactly George Clooney.

No, but only George Clooney is, right?... But her husband (Steve Howey) does have a good career going, himself (his show's fifth season premiere- Shameless on Showtime- is tonight, and funnily enough, his character just became the father of twins...).

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Loved the Camryn episode. Good balance trying to show the growing reach of Samaritan....

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I did not much like it either. I guess when I have some replacement shows I will be done with it.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Still five behind, but starting #8 during my break at school (yes, the cbs player sucks a lot, but one nice thing is that it's not blocked by the school district...).

This girl (lead guest) - Wow. She's really pretty... http://deadline.com/2014/11/true-detective-adria-arjona-cast-season-2-1201289144/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
#10 - I liked the meeting between Root and the kid speaking for Samaritan (good child actor there).

#11 - The one with the multiple scenarios was fun. I especially appreciated the dialogue bit where they were labeling what they were saying without saying the things (but there was a viral video that did the same thing awhile back).

John Doman has been super-busy this season... continuing to recur here, was significantly recurring on Showtime's The Affair, and is a regular on Gotham...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm really enjoying this show.

The latest episode my husband kept asking me if Shaw was off the show or not. Then at the end I said well I'm sure she will be back at some point and then WHAM she's back. :)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I still have two to go, but yeah, I read they did an 'Alive!' reveal already. Not surprising, story-wise, but maybe a little surprising that they let us off the hook SO soon... two episodes of 'Presumed Dead' is not very long...

Extended maternity leave... sounds like it's as long as she wants... I'd expect her back full-time next season, but maybe there will be a couple more little cameos sprinkled in 'til then...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
#12. I liked the spotlight-on-Control one.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tvguide.com/news/mega-buzz-person-of-interest-detective-carter-returns/

Carter in flashbacks next week. Cool timing... she's hosting SNL next Saturday...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Watched the one with Carter. Incredibly dull. Too bad. I've about given up on this show. Glad the woman who plays Carter got a good new show,even though I don't watch it.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The finale was an awesome episode. I've loved the theme of machine vs machine, and the heavy Scifi exploration of liberty in a tech world. Reminds me a lot of stuff Heinlein and some others were cautioning about in the 50s and 60s.

I was already playing it loud on the home theater, and when Pink Floyd started, I cranked it up. After the chills. Perfect.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was really hoping Control would have shot Greer when she had the chance.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Season 5 short order, and maybe/probably 'the end' - http://deadline.com/2015/05/person-of-interest-13-episodes-season-5-final-mentalist-1201424813/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: