Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Walking Dead; Season 5
Topic Started: Oct 13 2014, 11:34 AM (1,415 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/13/walking-dead-scott-gimple-season-premiere/

I enjoyed the premiere a lot. I expected our guys to be stuck in Terminus a lot longer than an hour, and it's a relief that they weren't.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just FF this show a lot. All of the skull bashing etc, not becaue I am squeamish but due to the fact that it is repetitive and boring to me.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Enjoyed it more than I expected. Maybe my expectations were low? Part of it is because I love it when Carol gets to be a bad ass. Also surprised the stay at Terminus was so short-lived.

The walkers-on-fire were pretty cool. Reminded me of Freddie Krueger. It made me chuckle that the walkers got right back up and kept walking after Carol blew up that tank.

I was highly annoyed with Tyreese for what went down in the cabin but after I thought about it I guess it does make sense that he wasn't quite at the point of killing another human who hadn't really done anything, yet.

The reunion was nice. About as happy as it needs to get on this show.

Good to see Morgan at the end there.

I see the episode broke some cable ratings records.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Carol saving the day was great. Lots of good action and scary moments.

I liked the scenes between Tyreese and the captive (Chris Coy from Treme).

Reunion was good... good to see Rick & Carl with Judith... Big group now. 15 people (including the baby). Everybody is together except for Beth, who went missing...

Fun surprise to see Morgan at the end... wonder how many missed that post-credits, post-previews, pre-Talking Dead scene, due to either hitting 'stop' early, or... my dvr cut it in the middle, but I know some probably missed it entirely...

Season 5
-
Andrew Lincoln -- Rick Grimes
Norman Reedus -- Daryl Dixon
Steven Yeun -- Glenn Rhee
Lauren Cohen -- Maggie Greene
Chandler Riggs -- Carl Grimes
Danai Gurira -- Michonne
Melissa McBride -- Carol Peletier
Michael Cudlitz -- Sgt. Abraham Ford
Emily Kinney -- Beth Greene
Chad L Coleman -- Tyreese
Also Starring
Sonequa Martin-Green -- Sasha
Lawrence Gilliard, Jr. -- Bob Tookey (1-3)
Josh McDermitt -- Dr. Eugene Porter
Alanna Masterson -- Tara Chambler
Christian Serratos -- Rosita Espinosa
Andrew J. West -- Gareth (1-3)
Seth Gilliam -- Father Gabriel Stokes (2-on)

Out from 4 - Hershel, The Governor
Promoted up to Opening Credits - Abraham, Beth, Tyreese
Promoted up to 'Also Starring' from Recurring - Eugene, Rosita, Tara, and Gareth

Edited for early deaths...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Promoted up to 'Also Starring' from Recurring - Eugene, Rosita, Tara, and Gareth

Does that mean we'll be seeing more of him?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yup. He wasn't killed. We'll see him again.

I'm thinking he won't become best buddies with our group, though.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, that's interesting. I wonder if he was who Gimple was referring to when he said we'd meet a villain worse than the Governor on Talking Dead.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was better than I expected, I admit. Carol was awesome!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tvguide.com/News/The-Walking-Dead-Andrew-J-West-1088184.aspx

In the comics, still-alive-then Dale was in the position Bob was at the end of 5.2...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Poor Bob. I was thinking he went outside to cry because he'd been bitten in the basement and was going to kill himself. Of course, it's possible that he was bitten and the crazies from Terminus were eating contaminated meat, hehe.

I'm enjoying them all together and on the road more than having them in all different directions. The episode felt like a nice change of pace, to me.

Like Michonne, I miss Hershel, too.

Wasn't there a female traveling with Abraham and Eugene? I kept looking for her in this episode but felt like I couldn't find her.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's odd seeing Michonne without her sword.

Yeah, Abraham's girlfriend (wife?) Rosita was there... might be easy to confuse her with Tara sometimes...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Tainted meat!" was funny. At least Bob got one small victory there, even though it amounted to nothing. I remember loving Gilliard, Jr on The Wire but Bob didn't really grow on me here.

The standoff in the church was intense. The slaughter of the crazies from Terminus was brutal. My face probably looked much like Maggie's and Glenn's.

I like how Tyreese is leaning more towards being a peacemaker. It makes me feel like there's still a little bit of Hershel on the show. I'm probably contradicting myself, as I was mad at him for not killing that guy a couple weeks ago.

Pleased Michonne got her katana back. She just wasn't the same without it.
Edited by bilki, Oct 27 2014, 05:43 PM.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Why are carol and Daryll off by themselves?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Carol was taking off on her own and Daryl happened to see her at that moment and went with her. I pretty sure she explains why she decided to leave the group in last week's episode but I wasn't fully paying attention.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks. I watched a couple in my codeine fog so chance I missed some subtle plot lines :)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Carol was CONSIDERING leaving, but wasn't, like, fully committed to doing it yet... she was thinking about it... but yes, Daryl was there, and then they saw one of the cars with the crosses in the window go by (which Daryl recognized from Beth's disappearance), and so they went off after it.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
A codeine fog sounds like the best way to watch this show, anyways.

But I refreshed my memory, and last week Carol told Daryl she was planning to leave the group at the church because she didn't want to stick around to watch anyone else die.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki. U r so right!

Jenni
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just poking my head in to say that I'm starting to watch on Netflix. It really pulls you in lol.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They usually do a good job with finales, so this pretty much lived up to my expectations. I was thinking we'd get a bit more action at the hospital but the shocking death made up for it. Took me a second viewing to figure out that Dawn shot Beth as a reaction to being stabbed. I thought someone from behind shot Beth, at first.

I was starting to enjoy the dynamic between Beth and Dawn, though it makes no difference now.

Pleased that Carol made it out alive. I was getting worried she might be the sacrificial lamb this time.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was overjoyed that Daryl and Carol made it through last night's episode. I really hate to be spoiled and I was on Facebook ... bastards!!! I knew Beth was a goner.

Is it my imagination or is Rick finally growing a set? He actually was kind of bad ass for a change. I've been praying for him to die since the first episode he was in. :P

Haven't watch 'Talking Dead' yet. Will probably get to that later tonight.

Overall better season than last. ;)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was spoiled by facebook, too.

Rick's been a bad-ass (again) since he put down the farming stuff. He took a different (read - weaker) approach after Lori died (and kinda got pushed out of his leadership role by others) but regained his mojo while he and Carl were out on the road alone together.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That sucks about being spoiled by FB, especially because Beth's death was a good surprise. At least I thought so. A few at Sepinwall's blog said because Beth was featured in the previous episode that they knew she'd die in this one. Seemed like mostly negative comments over there. It made me feel like I enjoy the show more than I think I actually do.

I do agree with those who think Beth's death was a waste. It seemed like more for shock value than anything else. I think it could have been cool to watch her become a darker version of herself.

I think I enjoy the bad ass Rick better than the softer, gentler one. I like the conflict it causes with the other members of the group.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I had a friend nervous for Carol, in the way that she got (not so much a 'spotlight' episode, but-) that series of mini-flashbacks of her at various places in the timeline...

It was a dumb thing for Beth to do, but (I think I saw someone on Sepinwall say..) her killing Dawn might have SAVED some lives, as it was an act that was going to let the tension out of the and-we're-just-gonna-take-Noah-back demand, and, well, you know... she really pissed her off. Getting shot probably wasn't in her plan - it wasn't intended as a suicidal move, except oops.

Argument for/against 'shock value'... Yes, it's a 'pointless' death, probably, but I agree with the show that 'our people' can't all make it out of every huge scrape alive, so they won't. Have to feel like any of them could go at any time.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I agree that there has to be casualties within Rick's crew, otherwise it's like those silly gun fights in which the "bad guys" fire a thousand shots and the "good guys" walk away unscathed. I'm just not a big fan of the "this one has to die because someone has to die" thing. But perhaps they're one and the same.

It will bother me more when it's Carol's turn, unless somehow they have a great story that leads up to her death. I'll still be pissed off, though. To be honest, I think I miss Merle more than I'll miss Beth, and I kinda hated him.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
You mEan Daryll?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, sometimes I miss Merle. I know he was rotten human being but I still wish we'd gotten a longer reunion with him and Daryl. I wanted to see if they could come to a happy medium despite their differences. To the show's credit, though, Merle's death worked for me better than Beth's.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I will stick to it as long as Carol and Daryl survive.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
AMC apologizes for 'Walking Death' spoiler reveal... Yeah NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!

I definitely prefer Rick as a bad ass. I don't agree with you Dax that he's been like that since the prison. He was still a baby when they left the prison worrying about his daughter, etc. I don't think he grew a set until the last few episodes. Just my humble bitchy opinion.

I love Daryl & Carol. I hope they survive. It would have been great to have the Merle conflict around longer. Yeah he was a complete bastard but it made for great conflict.

I'm sorry Beth is gone because I think it was a waste... especially because it was spoiled for me.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Right. Not 'himself' again, really, 'til after that Rick/Carl-alone-with-Michonne-showing-up-at-the-end episode... he was all near-comatose on the couch, and Carl yelled at him and shit (of course, at that point, he was grieving not just Lori, but Judith, too, so that's a FINE time to fall apart...) ... We're not really disagreeing, but I maybe misspoke when I said 'set the farming down'... that was just kind of a temporary gotta-get-the-Gov bad-ass reprieve, but he WAS still in his funk then, true...

But killing those guys that were after him (that Daryl had hooked up with), and then, you know, the Terminus cannibals... he's well out of his 'weak' phase... it's been more than just a few episodes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: