Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Twin Peaks; Season 3
Topic Started: Oct 6 2014, 10:58 AM (2,511 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sadly, I lost access after episode 6. An acquaintance gave me his Hulu info but for some reason it won't allow me to view his account any longer, and I lost the piece of paper that he wrote his info on.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh no... was hoping to see your reaction to Part 8, the wildest 'diversion' yet...

It's a beautiful thing, this show...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was reading comments about 8 but decided to stop, as it was just making me frustrated that I couldn't watch it.

I may give in and restart my Hulu if I continue to see positive comments after the next couple episodes are released.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Or wait until it's over, see the last 2/3rds, and then drop Hulu again...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gotta light? He had to be asking them if they had some kind of inner light with which they wouldn't be frightened of him, right?

All of the static and such after the mushroom cloud made me wonder, once again, if Lynch gets a kick out of testing the patience of the audience. Once we got to Senorita Dido sitting in her room alone and listening to that funky, awesome music, I was drawn back into it.

I read some reactions the day after the episode aired and was expecting this to be more weird and challenging than what I experienced while watching it. It's pretty cool how Lynch can entertain me while a part of my mind is chuckling at all of the seeming nonsense. I keep thinking I need to watch Inland Empire again to see how difficult it is to get through all of these years later.

Ray must have been talking to Phillip Jeffries, right?

--

Part of the fun with this is the anticipation and reading the various reactions after the episode airs. And, I really like how Sepinwall is doing his recaps. In the moment, this does feel like a once in a lifetime kind of event, so I decided to do the month-to-month Showtime streaming service for the next few months. And The Affair is on there, which is one I've been curious about since it started years ago.
Edited by bilki, Jul 3 2017, 11:17 PM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Woodsmen were scary. Yeah, I don't know what would have happened if somebody had given him one...

Yeah, I figure Ray was talking to Phillip Jeffries, yes. But BadCoop's call with the voice on the other end (hours ago), I DON'T think that was Phillip...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The scene with the interview/interrogation of Matthew Lillard's character could have been great if Lynch hadn't ruined it with all of the overacting and ridiculous crying.

Diane cracks me up. And the song at the end was pretty good.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked the song, but one of my friends hated their (Au Revoir Simone) appearance in Part 4, so I know he was probably upset to see them again...

Does Diane know the text was from BadCoop? Hm.

I didn't mind Lillard's crying. Yes, it got silly, but I did laugh. I like Lillard a lot - he said that was the hardest scene he's ever done, and it was done in two takes.

I was more annoyed with the questions Tammy didn't ask... describe this Zone... HOW did you get there?... describe these other people that were there...

Big laugh on Jerry and 'I am not your foot'.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Alan Sepinwall said...
Quote:

but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was just throwing scenes together in the editing bay to see what combination pleased him most.
That was pretty much my thought throughout Episode 10. I felt like I was wasting my money paying for ShowTime streaming more than once.

I did enjoy the Lucy/Chad scene. It was one of the rare times, if not the only, Lucy didn't come off looking like a total moron during this season. Like she's smarter than she acts.

A bit of goosebumps when Gordon saw the image of Laura.

Richard Horne is too much of a cartoon villain for me to give a damn. Same with Becky's boyfriend screaming at her.

I was mildly amused by Janey-E developing a school crush on "Dougie" but it looks like it got big laughs from other viewers. All of the nonsense with Candie just made me groan.

Harry Dean Stanton's character singing made me think of The Gong Show.
Edited by bilki, Jul 17 2017, 06:09 PM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, I liked Harry Dean Stanton's singing...

Becky's husband is scum. And Richard, yeah, a whole 'nother level...

I love it. But I do miss 'healthy' Dale Cooper, for sure...

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: