Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Good Wife; Season 6
Topic Started: Sep 20 2014, 03:55 PM (1,511 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/19/good-wife-season-6-teases/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
WOW I didn't see that coming in the first episode.

Poor Cary and ouch ... his hand. What a shitty situation he is in. The State's Attorney guys are really pissing me off too. Again poor Cary.

Is it just me or is Chris Noth going grey at a fast rate?

Let me just add that I really hate when the show is preempted because of sports and I end up missing 10 minutes of the show in the middle. Now I have to go back and stream it.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
How do you miss it in the middle? They just start late, right? So if you haven't dvr-over-programmed-it, you'd miss the end, right?

Opening was good. Poor Cary.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/22/the-good-wife-creators-on-the-premiere-s-big-cary-twist-will-s-death-and-more.html

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>How do you miss it in the middle? They just start late, right? So if you haven't dvr-over-programmed-it, you'd miss the end, right?

I taped 'Madam Secretary' , then 'The Good Wife', then ' Madam Secretary' again ... thinking that I would get the full episodes of all of them. The 2nd 'Madam Secretary didn't record because Comcast (in all of it's wisdom) saw that it was already recorded so while I was preempted and 1/2 way through 'The Good Wife' I 'thought' it was recording TGW second half during the recording of the 2nd 'Madam Secretary' recording and it wasn't. So I quickly switched channels and watched the end of TGW live. Does that make sense?

I hate Comcast.

So my daughter is watching TGW and is on Episode 5 of Season 5 and IS SPOILER FREE!!! I plan on being there for her during Episode 15. It's not going to be pretty. She is marathoning them so it could be as soon as tomorrow.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
My affiliate switched out the Madam Secretary encore for a CSI rerun, which looked funny, as I'm seeing (at the end of my recording of TGW) this grisly murder scene and thinking 'THIS is the first scene of Madam Secretary?'...

Is Ashley loving TGW?

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 22 2014, 05:38 PM
Is Ashley loving TGW?
Oh yeah. She is hating on Alicia right now because she left Will and the firm. Oh boy is she going to be pissed off when Will is killed. She doesn't have a clue. Will is her favorite followed by Cary. This is not going to be pretty when he's killed.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
... I think Alicia was RIGHT to leave the firm, though, a bit more than she wasn't... but yes, Will's anger was certainly understandable, too.

Will's exit was quite a thing, and if marathoning and unspoiled, yeah... gonna be a big shock. It's sudden and it's brutal. (I think I was time-zone-spoiled... still surprised, but I saw something I shouldn't have before I started watching...) And while there are maybe a couple bits of once-you-know-you-can-see-it foreshadowing (I think KMI said she thought the prior hour 'set it up' a little, but... not a LOT, I wouldn't say...), I think it's rightfully regarded as a successful 'big surprise', which is extremely rare these days...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great premiere. I really like that they are tackling the fallout from having Bishop as a client. I know it's 'legally' justified and of course everyone deserves 'representation' and the Bill of rights and all.... but there is clearly a moral, rather than legal component to accepting Bishop's money, and that kind of compartmentalizing is one of the things average people despise about lawyers and bureaucracies, so while I feel bad for Cary, and while they are brilliantly showing the inherent unfairness of a cold 'inefficient' criminal justice system - I also understand why the cops and the DAs office would not blink a bit at Cary's plight.

it will make a difference if it is an outright setup, or if there's something legit on that phone recording Kalinda's GF has. I don't remember if we had some past plot about this?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wish we knew how far back 'on or around May 25th' was in our timeline, but... I'm pretty sure we're not suffering Fuzzy Memory here... we did not see the incident for which Cary has been arrested.

I think Cary is PROBABLY innocent of the charges, but... Yeah. Certainly, they HAVE flirted with that 'legal vs. moral' side of things in the past. It's not IMPOSSIBLE to think Cary might suggest his client(s) do 'this thing' instead of 'that thing', and if it's something illegal that we're talking about, and it's on tape... that's bad. We're HOPING it's 'the CI is lying', but we can't be sure...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't like the epi at all. It swung from very dire (Cary) to almost slapstick with Lee as well as the girl with no panties....My hsb said "what now are they trying to be a comedy?"....

Regarding Bishop, I believe the war on drugs is a big waste of time, like getting involved in the Middle East. Americans want drugs and if one guy doesn't provide them the next one will. And like getting rid of Saddam, you never know who will take their place and make things worse. So if Bishop goes down, someone will take his place in 5 seconds. There is too much money in it.

I don't recall the 25th or know that we saw anything, but the cops treatment of Cary made me very angry. It is typical, they squeeze anyone, even innocent people to get a bigger fish. And for what? Lke I said, a replacement will be there in a blink. Americans love drugs.

I was pissed at Finn.

Did not like the show at all.
Edited by Krystal, Sep 24 2014, 03:16 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ashley finally saw the episode where Will was shot. She's going to need years of therapy to get over that episode. She really is sad ... Especially because she LOVES the kid who shot Will. :( At least I was there for her and watched it with her. She didn't see it coming. She kept asking me 'Is this a dream episode?'. Poor child.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was shocked, and I didn't even like Will much. Also the aftermath with Alicia's reaction was well done.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
>>>>>Regarding Bishop, I believe the war on drugs is a big waste of time, like getting involved in the Middle East. Americans want drugs and if one guy doesn't provide them the next one will. And like getting rid of Saddam, you never know who will take their place and make things worse. So if Bishop goes down, someone will take his place in 5 seconds. There is too much money in it.
Big Agree. the $ spent on the 'war on drugs' is ridiculous. the cost in lives and tragedy even worse.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked this one a lot more. Cool that Diane took all those people with her. I like Taye Diggs so I am glad he came as well. Wait until Lee and Canning figure it out.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Though it wouldn't be anything like Will sweeping all the shit off of Alicia's desk, of course, I do wish we'd seen Lee & Canning learning of Diane joining F/A. Oh, well.

Cerveris is good as the villainous state's attorney, Castro. Keep trying to picture how (originally cast in the role) John Leguizamo would have been saying the same kind of things...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wish we had seen that as well.

The Cary story is way out, I don't believe this kind of mistreatment can happen and neither does my hsb who is an atty. I know they can go after drug dealers and uneducated people with no resources but come on, a well known atty?

Maybe they are just making it so Alicia HAS to run....

I can't stand Gloria Stienem. I heard her speak many years ago and it was all about her....And I am a femnist for sure.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lot of good humor this week, and next week looks funny, too (previews show Elsbeth, and Diane freaking out over a bug?...).

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really good epi. This show is everything Madam Secretary is not. There are great characters, dramatic turns of events, but still a bit of humor.

I have to say I could never run for office, I can see me losing it with the shit they would dredge up, besides I would call someone a dumb fuck at a news conference or whatever :)

I really like Bishop, I am sure he wants Alicia to get the job.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal, I'm with you. I would never be able to run for office. I would definitely say something wrong within 2 seconds and 'OH MY' for the shit they would dredge up. :P

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2014/10/archie-panjabi-leaving-good-wife-pilot-fox-851855/

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, good for her but *sniff, sniff*

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
For sure.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
She will be missed. :.(

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Another good epi. How can they have such tight writing and plotting every week and stuff like Madam Secretary bores you to coma status?

Wow, if Dianne takes that lease, i will love seeing the reaction of Lee and the others.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked the inside-Elsbeth's-mind stuff, but it was kinda mean of Alicia to distract her as she did. But all's fair in war...

Good Alicia/Peter fight.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/27/the-good-wife-s-secret-weapon-matt-czuchry-on-cary-agos-s-terrible-horrible-year.html

Nobody has ever slipped and said anything, but perhaps they will someday... I'm not big on celebrity gossip, but there MUST be something to the Julianna Margulies/Archie Panjabi thing... Alicia and Kalinda have not shared a scene together since 4.14, which aired 2/13/13. 36 episodes have aired since then. They're never in an office or a courtroom at the same time... phone calls only. It's weird.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I pay no attention to any of anything regarding celebs so I had not heard that...could just be because it is a large cast but I didn't think about it...

I hate this Cary sl, it is outrageous...there is NO way this parole officer would have that much time..

Stupid.

I am glad the actor is having so much screen time but I wish it was a more realistic sl.

I like that Alicia is grappling with the religion thing. It pisses me off that one must fake religion to run for office...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's easy to get away with for awhile, because, sure... large cast, lots going on.

But a lot of people started to take note of it last year, and now... yeah. I mean, I'm looking for it NOW, but... no, even if I hadn't seen people talking about it, I'd have noticed... they're never on-screen together. They still share story (Kalinda gave Alicia 'the call' when Will died), but they're never in the same space...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Now that you bring it up, I can see it for sure. They would be having a drink or whatever... or just talking after hours...

You'd think 2 professional people would be able to read lines to each other without having personalities getting in the way...the show is not like a "buddy" show like the one with Angie Harmon and her sidekick, there are plenty of other cast members.

So I wonder what gives...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Alicia/Kalinda falling-out was at the end of Season 2... played through 3... in 4.11, there was a little thawing-out, when Kalinda brought clothes to a stuck-out-of-town-on-a-case Alicia. They sat on a bed together and Kalinda said 'I miss this.' And Alicia agreed. But a few episodes later... I didn't remember this stuff, exactly... see this article, here - http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilyorley/kalinda-and-alicia-relationship-on-the-good-wife

I've seen Margulies defend/explain the they-can't-be-close-friends-like-they-were thing in interviews. And I'll agree with that, but I don't think that means they can't be 'friendLY' any more (especially since we DID see a 'reconciliation' of sorts)... if she was able to stay in the marriage and relationship with Peter, then I think Alicia can 'forgive' (but not forget) Kalinda.

Alicia did recently take a 'she slept with my husband' shot at Kalinda, but I don't remember who she was talking with...

Panjabi has never said anything.

The Kings very carefully dodge the question.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: