Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Rectify; Seasons 1 - 4
Topic Started: May 4 2013, 07:52 PM (769 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was really pleased with the whole season.

Jared's aging is probably the biggest problem with showing four or five weeks of story (I think that's all it's been) in three years...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/64709/rectify-to-conclude-with-season-4/

'How many episodes' doesn't seem to have been set yet. 6/10/6 so far...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/78680/lethal-weapon-reboot-series-casts-clayne-crawford-as-the-lead/

Hm.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://deadline.com/2016/04/j-d-evermore-promoted-regular-rectify-charles-mesure-dead-of-summer-1201732327/

Final season is eight. Thirty total - 6/10/6/8.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That sounds like a good number to end on 30.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd seen a first season dvd going for ten bucks or so a few times and thought to get it, but... Would rather have an all-in-one set, and I expect there'll be one eventually...

Yeah, thirty feels right. I'm glad there are eight more tv hours coming.

And then I'll hope Ray McKinnon makes another tv show 'soon'.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2016/07/31/sundancetvs-rectify-to-premiere-its-final-season-on-wednesday-october-26-at-10-9c-272011/20160731sundance01/

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I watched the promo vid, which was half summary and half new. I'm going to miss this show. One of my favorites since 2010.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Me, too.

Typo there, though... Since 2013, not 2010...

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was trying to write that it is one of my favorite shows of this decade as it premiered 2010 or later. :) I knew it didn't start that early, but wasn't 100% on the 2013.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Got it. Agree, a 'best of the decade', for sure... Should probably see how it ends before declaring so, but... They have earned my trust. I believe it will end well.

A real under-the-radar gem... Will never get the kind of attention Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones do, but... I do think people will be discovering and loving it in the future.

Will we know if Daniel did it or not? Does it matter?

Fox's ads for their Lethal Weapon all say 'introducing Clayne Crawford' (our Teddy in the Mel Gibson role), but his credits list seems way too long to warrant the 'introducing'... He was on a '97 episode of Buffy... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clayne_Crawford

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't realize it wasn't going to start until the Fall. Thought it would start after Cleverman, then after The A Word.

While I'm here, is anyone watching The A Word? I recorded the first two episodes but then decided to delete them before watching them.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh. Maybe a little late notice, but... starts tonight. DVRs set? Well, then catch it On Demand...

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They ran a marathon of the previous season, so I recorded the last two episodes and watched those. It was good to be refreshed on some details and get back in the mindset of the show, though most of it wasn't relevant to this new episode.

One thing that stood out to me during "A House Divided" is how while in prison I imagine there's a feeling of purpose with the desire to be released (free) one day. Then you get out and settle into some kind of mundane existence and that sense of purpose would dissipate. Perhaps that plays some part into why so many find their way back into prison. Daniel didn't think he was going to get out, so I wasn't sure that pertained to him by the end of the episode.

Really great scene with Daniel and Avery when Daniel talks about how he lost himself after Kerwin was executed.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hope to catch up on this show. I only saw part of the first season so have missed a lot,but was extremely impressed with the quality of the episodes I did see.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Based on the other shows I've noticed that you watch, tgir, I think you'd really enjoy this one. There isn't much humor and just about all of the characters seem burdened by the weight of the world (which I love!) but it may be one of the smartest shows I've watched on television.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: