Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Halt and Catch Fire; Seasons 1-3
Topic Started: Jun 22 2014, 01:46 PM (2,338 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked the finale, like how they spun Joe, even if it felt a bit rushed. I especially liked the material with Gord and Donna. I hope there's a 3rd season too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Renewed.

Yay!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The third season premiere is two hours on Tuesday night. The first hour is going to be on AMC on Sunday at 11 pm ET. (Not sure if you can update the title of the thread, since we haven't spoken much about this just added to the existing.)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Will update thread title to '1-3', yeah. Looking forward to the premiere. (Yeah, my guide is showing Talking Dead as being two hours tonight, and that didn't make much sense.. A 'preview' of 3.1 of Halt instead in that second hour? Cool..)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wait a minute is the premiere Tuesday or tonight

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tonight they are showing episode 1 of the premiere. Tuesday they are repeating episode 1 & premiering episode 2.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is anyone up to date with this? I haven't started yet. :)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw 1-3, but am two behind now...

It's good.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm up to date. Just hooked a friend whose binging S1.

I think it's better than ever, love the focus on Donna and Cam. Every episode seems to have some major insight or quote.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am liking it as well. Love Donna.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just watched last week's and it was really good. I can see why she was so anxious waiting for that test result. It explains some of his weird Behavior which is always weird but it was weirder than ever. Cameron is so friggin immature I could just smack her I don't know how Donna can stand it. And what is with her husband's Behavior it runs hot and cold. Anyways I am loving the show

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked the season a lot, but I did not like the last two episodes. It was confusing to have them jump forward in time and not explain some of the things that had happened. In addition it was just dull. Too bad that's probably the end of the series because I don't know where they would take it from there but it is not a very fulfilling ending

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
There will be another (and that will be the last) season of ten episodes.

I'm way behind (may not have seen #4 yet...).

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah I was underwhelmed with the time jump. It was so clearly a plot device to give them a way to put the original three (Cam, Gordo, and Joe) back together after "time heals (sort of) all wounds."

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am adding this here, 4th and final season I guess? Off to a VERY dull start. Endless conversations bwtween Cameron and Joe, boring. Rest was just OK. Hope things are better soon.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was a little confused too, with some of the plot threads.

Sorry to see Donna being portrayed as the classic bitch in business, though that was where they were going last season. I hope they redeem her a bit or a lot. There were some nice moments for her, such as trying to promote her assistant. But then she gives the lead for the incubator to Boz??? How does Boz have WWW experience? Or was that about preventing the shark boys at the conference from controlling her agenda?

I get what they were trying to do with the 36 hour phone call with Joe and Cam, but ot didn't work well as a plot device.

I'm most confused about Gordon and whatever his company now is. Gate, can you explain (if you're watching?)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think she gave the job to Boz to keep them from putting someone in that she didn't like or couldn't control.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have not been impressed with this season. I am sort of bored or annoyed with Cam and Joe. Somehow it's just not getting me excited. Won't be sorry that this is the last season.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree. And making Donna a bitch makes me a bit pissed.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
HOW COULD THEY DO THAT TO US!!

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
What's weird is that there are three hours left... I think one hour on the 7th, and a 2 hour finale on the 14th?

I have enjoyed the last couple episodes. I hope they finish strong.

Reviews are pretty good however. Here's a sample...
http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/halt-and-catch-fire-recap-season-4-episode-7.html

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/09/halt-and-catch-fire-review-who-needs-a-guy.html

https://www.avclub.com/halt-and-catch-fire-finds-its-heart-and-breaks-ours-1819024959

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Unsatisfying ending very boring.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
E9 was slow, but I actually liked the finale. Donna'd speech is making some meme-like rounds.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: