Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Mad Men; Season 7
Topic Started: Jan 11 2014, 01:42 PM (3,389 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just the long long time between seasons. And him turning Don into more or less a total asshole. And Weiner being a total asshole.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am allowed to have opinions which differ from yours, Dax.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Side note. Don't really care about HOW. dh likes it a lot.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki, ITA with your sentiments. I will watch but really don't care. Husband I'd boycotting the show. He says it's been too long, he doesn't recall where they left off and by the time he gets back with it, it will be done. This is like watching a movie 90% then waiting a year to see the last 20 minutes.

Also this is so over hyped it is ridiculous.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I totally hated LOTR, I did not read the books either. Well, I started the first and didn't like it. I don't like Fantasy books or movies, but love Sci Fi and sometimes that is a fine line. If it seems cartoony I automatically hate it.

I loved the first Star Wars but hated the rest. I really won't get excited about any future ones. I was very pessimistic about Star Trek and ended up really liking the young recasts. Really, pretty much all of them.

I have no urge to see King Kong, I didn't even like the original. We did see Godzilla though, it was moderately dumb but at least it did not look like a plastic toy tramping on a fake city. Of course those old corny original films had their charms.

I love King and I agree with him on most issues. I follow him on FB. But I did not know he doesn't watch MM.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Been so long....I did like the one with the sort of Robotic monsters....I don't recall which tht was. I recall not liking several. I have not rewatched any of them...so it has been a long time.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I still have not watched. I am really ho hum about it now. I am sure I will sooner or later.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The hair and clothes, wow, brought back memories. Roger's mustache is dumb looking an makes him look older.

Watched the first one. I thought Peggy should have slept with the guy. Why not...

The business meeting with Joan and Peggy was pretty accurate for the time. The guys felt compelled to hit on any woman in the room, and had Joan not been there, they would have hit on Peggy, or made some remarkds anyhow. The sniping in the elevator was sad though.

So seeing Rachel was some kind of dream for Don or what? Funny to see Siff if only briefly.

I hope we don't have to see much of Betty, just because there are so few epis, I would rather see more of Joan, Peggy et al.

I'll stay one behind and watch the last 2 together as usual.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
She needs to analyze herself first, and why she is such a selfish and shitty mother. I am one behind, but no problem hearing that. Women in those days started to wake up that there was more to life than just shopping and hair salons. Altough, you'd never know it from here. Someone at the gym actually asked for my opinion on what color her mani/pedit should be. (seriously). I told her if that was the hardest choice she had to make for the day it was pretty sad. It's a wonder any of them talk to me :)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
For sure!
Seriously my mom was Betty like. Narrcisstic , pathological need to look good to others and to trying to make me some kind of pink clad dolly.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I think the chauvinistic attitudes are more or less accurately portrayed. Roger and Don have been hopeless womanizers. Peggy is at least making progress and being taken seriously..

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Define window dressing. I think some of the lesser characters are but not the main women. Many of the men are pretty vacuous as well.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
TGIR, women in my community did all of those things as well, but I don't recall many working outside the home, and there were no professional women, pilots or anything then. There may have been some, somewhere, but our guidance councilor never told women they could do anything but be a teacher or a nurse, or if you were slim and didn't mind being weighed daily, a flight attendant.

There were not role models for women where I grew up, other than being mothers or those things. I know a number of women who did go back to school in their 30's, as they had children very young and by then the kids were in junior high or older. But mostly they still chose nursing or some other adjunct career, no medical school nor even CPA etc. That was my experience.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I never had to read about feminism to become one.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
If you want to see brainless women, come to Scottdale, 2015.

There really are not many important female characters on the show, period. Joan and Peggy are about it. Betty was not stupid, but self involved. Maybe they will have her expand her horizons. I'd like to see that. Rachel was sharp as was the psychologist (or whatever she was), that liked Don, but he dumped her. Megan is a ditz. The other female characters have been peripheral, and of little importance. If I am supposed to be offended by some chicklets in short dresses pandering over Don and Roger at the diner, well I am not. These women are called whores and there are still plenty of them. They are in great demand for those kind of guys.

None of the guys have been portrayed in a very gracious light either. They are mostly all assholes.

My mother was a welder in WW2. Pittsburgh manufactured a ship A WEEK during the war, big ones.
The steel mills were there. All the guys were off to war and the women built the ships. I have pix of her in her welding garb. Wasn't Flashdance, I'll tell you that.

So war ends, women are told to go home and have babies, which they did, hence the baby boomers like us. All my friends fathers worked in the mills. Sadly, the mills went down the tubes in the 80's and the jobs went with them. My dad started a small business in the 60's, before the mills closed, a tire store, which did OK. My mother started to work ther when I was about 10, and continued till he died at 62. She was 60.

My area was about 90% Italian Catholic, so they had a lot of kids and I hung around with them and got fed good home made food. I still love Italian food. No one's moms worked, but having 5 kids without all the fancy appliances we havewas plenty of work. Plus the cooking.

Just saying, no role models for women.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I watched episode 2. Did not like it at all. Too late in show to waste time on stuff like the waitress romance. Hated him giving Megan so much money. Can't stand her mother.

I would much prefer stuff with the office.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think they are trying to get everything in and it is all watered down..I didn't need to see Megan or Betty and certainly not Glen. Very dull so far.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am a week behind, and will remain so as to watch the last 2 together. I think the season has been very blah and as I said before, a lot of stuff that seems unimportant and to trivial to waste time on, including, the waitress, Megan, Megan's mother, Glenn and his ongoing hots for Betty.

I wish they'd get an appropriate romantic partner for Joan. This guy was too old, too short and not particularly attractive. So he has ditched his family and now expects Joan who is much younger to ditch her position and kid for what? She an still travel, but she has responsibilities. She can do better.

Don was just trying to get ideas from Peggy, she is very defensive but then he can be such an ass.
So far, underwhelmed.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The mustache looks absurd and I can't concentrate on his dialog without noticing it. It is very distracting. Why hasn't Don adopted the long hair and cheesy suits?

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thank God Don has not grown a beard, he has a five o'clock shadow at 10 AM. He would look like the wolfman.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Show continues to be dull.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am one behind but find it really weird that they would kill off Betty. I have sadly seen several people die of lung cancer and boy, TGIR, you are right, it is a slow agonizing way to go and you don't look like a model and then drop dead. If only.

Maybe Don would take the kids, I frankly don't think Henry is awful but he is still not related to them.
Men in those days would continue to work and just get a nanny. Since the kids always had a nanny not much would change.

Regarding the house, I have no comments, as I always like contemporary homes and can't imagine living in anything else.

I watched last week's and poor Joan. she should sue the assholes for sure. This is when women started to assert their rights. I don't get why McCann would bring them all in and not utilize their talents, Just seems like bad business to me.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OK, I thought maybe she just keeled over. I hope we don't have to see it.

I just feel like the show has gone everywhere willy nilly and has had no focus. For God sake, the last ones of Revenge were better done (sad comment).

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Me neither.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Those never clicked. Many kids say that about their parents when they are bratty teens.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am not one to put so much thought in to a show. Especially this one. It is just not that meaningful to me. The only show I ever thought about seriously was Breaking Bad.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tgir, ITA. sadly I have experience as well.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
If he does this again and I hear about it, I will not watch. Ending for the Sopranos is all I think about when I think about the series. It made me totally angry, it was total shit and ruined all the enjoyment of the entire series for me.

I understand if there are things hanging but there had better be some resolution, or I will never ever watch another one of his series ever, no matter how critically acclaimed it is.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Obviously not, but if everything is just upended and no complete sl I'll be just as pissed.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It is a great cast for sure. I don't recall Moss in Invasion and I liked the show a lot. I do recall seeing her here and there (I think)...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: