Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
24; Season 9 - 'Live Another Day'
Topic Started: Sep 11 2013, 10:50 PM (1,621 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I still WOULD enjoy, I'm sure, a big-screen, bigger-than-tv-budget action movie with Jack Bauer as the hero ... never saying 'die', Kiefer says he'd still like to see that happen, and none of 'this' would have been in 'that', and they can/might still do 'that', 'someday'... but I think another tv season (or half-season, whatever) like this happens again, first.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/yvonne-strahovski-louis-24-dexter-crying.html

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/mary-lynn-rajskub-24-live-another-day-chloe.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hubby and I were going to make a drinking game with the 'I'm 10 minutes out' line. If he doesn't say that this season it's going to be a very 'dry' season for us.

I'm also happy to report we still have the first seasons of '24' on DVD and they did not get thrown out by accident. :D Note - '24' the 1st Season is on Netflix. ;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jack's mild curses of 'Damn it!' or 'son of a bitch' are also good ones to take a shot to (at least two of 'Damn it' last night...).

Or 'Put it on/send it to my screen'... that's something that seems to get said a lot...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pretty good. Nice to see Jack and Chloe again. Still can't stand Raver.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
May 6 2014, 06:40 PM
Jack's mild curses of 'Damn it!' or 'son of a bitch' are also good ones to take a shot to (at least two of 'Damn it' last night...).

Or 'Put it on/send it to my screen'... that's something that seems to get said a lot...
LOL! I'd be smashed. :P

Krystal, I can't stand Raver either. I hope she bites it this time around. ;)

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Agree Krystal, I have never liked Raver.

Chloe has certainly changed!!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
She doesn't bother me.

I wouldn't want a recast, and they couldn't do this story without her.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They could have recast her, it has been 4 years. I actually forgot she was on the show. She looks terrible.

Chloe looks different, but I think it is the dark hair and make-up, kind of Goth.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Six years, since she wasn't on the last couple. But it's not a show that's ever done recasts...

Chloe looks kinda cool, though it's hard to disagree with those saying the Dragon Tattoo hacker thing is maybe a little too much 'on the nose'... really cool intro, though, her being on the receiving end of torture and Jack coming to the rescue... and though she feels personally betrayed by Jack a half-hour or so later, a half-hour after THAT, they're back to work like it's old times...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jack's route into the embassy - Whee!

Chloe's family having been killed is very sad.

The eight seasons of the series killed off 15 of its 41 Main Cast members.
This new season adds 6 to make the new total 47... and Morris is the 16th death of a (past or present) series regular...

I like Michelle Fairley.

Simone is very pretty.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really enjoying this so far! This can not be a cheap show to make, but well worth it!

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really, nothing like a job on 24 to make you insecure about your future.

Will watch tonight I think.

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Haven't seen last night's episode, will watch tonight.
Edited by Marg, May 13 2014, 12:25 PM.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Very sad about Chloe's family.

Watched it LIVE with commercials and all. LOL ... I kept reaching for the remote every time the 'clock' started ticking. ;)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That is hilarious Gate, I would have been doing the same thing.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
#5 takes Jack out of action for a whole hour, but gives him face-to-face reunions with Heller and Audrey (both good scenes).

Next week - Heller authorizes Jack suiting up and getting back to work.

I keep wanting to call Simone 'Sansa'.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-200th-Episide-Evan-Katz-Manny-Coto-1083047.aspx?

Okay, but I'd argue that the 'tv movie', Redemption bridging Seasons 6 and 7 counts as an episode (and for syndication purposes, you'd say it was two episodes...). I'd call tonight #201 and the finale #205... but they will have completed 206 hours of tv...

I do like that the lame 'Live Another Day' subtitle is for promotional use (and the end credits) only... that the on-screen opening title is still just '24', and Kiefer narrates 'Previously on 24'...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jordan makes the 17th death of a cast regular (out of 47).

Glad to see Heller wasn't killed at the end of #8.

#9 ends the threat of Margot and the drones, but Navarro, Adrian, and the override device are what Jack has to deal with now...

And while Jack may have a Presidential pardon from the U.S., the Russians aren't as likely to say 'Hey, it's all cool now', and we've got Mark and his forged note...

Three hours left.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
#9 was great... Margot went out Jack Bauer style! Loved it!!

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes!!!! No bother with trials here!!!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Adrian's death makes 18 of 47.

Recurring villain return - Tzi Ma as Cheng, from Seasons 4-6.

Cliffhanger is scary.

Two hours to go.

-

Sepinwall bit I like >> And because it's a familiar "24" big bad, the show can get away with introducing him so quickly. We know what he's about — and his history on the show ties in neatly with what's happening with both Jack (who may be on the way to another extended prison stay in a foreign country) and Audrey (who was herself imprisoned by Cheng) — and can thus shift straight into the end game for the season. It's completely ridiculous, but it's also "24."

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-24-live-another-day-800-pm-900-pm-tell-me-where-your-gym-is#sSj8pah7TMoOh12u.99

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This season is kind of meh, maybe because the show had run its course. If the Russians get Jack in the end, I will just scream.

Interesting that Toronto is taking the place for London, big error in that the Canadians drive on the same side of road as we do and in London the opposite. Also, I recognized the Toronto subway, been there many times....

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
They've been driving on the left.

Entire production has been done in London, nothing in Toronto. Subway must just look a lot like it...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really? The credits say Toronto I thought. Yes, the subway does look a lot like it.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
No mention of Toronto in this week's credits... there are U.S. and U.K. casting departments... thanks to London Film Commission...

Do you mean a few weeks/hours ago? While I'd normally say 'Oh, it might be cheaper to shoot something in Toronto' (than LA, for sure) - here, I REALLY don't think that's the case since they've been doing the whole thing in London... mid-run, they're not going to move cross-continent...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am sure you are right. I saw something in the credits I had thought...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
My parents forgot (or didn't know) this was only half-a-normal-season, so the previews for the finale made them cry out 'No... it's not called TWELVE...'

Show will be at Comic-Con. I'm expecting a renewal announcement then.

-

Jack confronting Mark was really good.

Last hour looks pretty busy (and is going to span ahead, give us thirteen hours in one... So, a cross-country flight home, I'm thinking... wonder who's in that flag-draped casket in the preview...)

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
The interview KS gave for the TV Guide, almost made it sound like there wouldn't be anymore shows. I believe the quote was "this time there will be closure". I sure hope that isn't the case. I have really, really enjoyed this!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I don't know...

For awhile, everything I saw/read with Kiefer suggested he was up for more.

Then around the time of the premiere (and I didn't see it; second-hand info) I read somebody say Kiefer was on Letterman sounding like this was 'the end', for sure.

I don't want Jack to die. While you don't get more 'closure' to a story than that, I don't think that would be a very satisfying ending (to either this season or the series as a whole).

I do prefer the 'closure' of Jack no longer being a fugitive from both the U.S. and Russian governments. That's a better place to leave off. There doesn't HAVE to be more... but there can be.

This was kind of a trial. Frustrated with a/the movie never coming together, this did instead. I think it's been creatively and commercially successful enough to warrant more...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OK, so it wasn't what I expected. I am not saying more till you guys see it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: