Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Broadchurch; Seasons 1 & 2
Topic Started: Aug 8 2013, 09:21 PM (1,789 Views)
blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Downton was trimmed on PBS also for the first season. I don't understand why Broadchurch on BBC America is trimmed via on demand as the timing for that doesn't matter.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
How many of us are still watching this? The last episode they showed in the US was so tragic...

I didn't realize that the pastor was Rory...then again I only saw that part of that series of Dr. Who earlier this week.
Edited by blosslover, Sep 5 2013, 11:13 PM.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just thought it was interesting reading that the preacher guy aka Rory from Dr Who has been in Once on Broadway as the male lead.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Poor Ellie...I was okay with anyone being the killer except Ellie or Alec. I am curious what she will end up doing with her life now that she is no longer a detective. I can understand Beth not understanding why Ellie didn't see it as even if she didn't know what was going on, I wish Ellie would have thought her husband acted differently.

I feel for Tom in this mess though most of all. That poor child.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe I wanted Ellie to notice something was up with Joe in the sense that they had just returned from vacation...and he acted differently before and after. I didn't expect it to be something so major that we all figured out it was him after episode 2.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That he lied as someone else (his former wife) messed up with the evidence. She left it in a car and it was stolen.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://youtu.be/-uIQCoYLB6E - This is a scene that was taped and not aired as part of the show. It took place at Danny's home after the service.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay so the American remake...they want to use David Tennant using an American Accent. http://tvline.com/2013/10/02/broadchurch-us-version-david-tennant-cast/

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
To me having Chibnall is part of why I hope the US version doesn't suck. I hope that the crime is changed enough that it isn't a direct copy for the suspense aspect of it. I just hope Tennant's US accent isn't a mess, and I agree his Scottish accent (which is his real speech) was the hardest to understand of the regular cast.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I will miss Coleman also. At least Gunn and Weaver are talented performers. I wasn't sure what I was expecting...

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
#Gracepoint (the US #Broadchurch remake) will be filmed in Oak Bay, BC in Canada Thanks councillor @MichelleKOakBay for the exclusive news.

Photos of beautiful #OakBay http://www.oakbaytourism.com/ (Where parts of #Gracepoint will be filmed Jan - May)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Another casting tidbit.

http://m.deadline.com/2013/12/michael-pena-joins-gracepoint-ruben-santiago-hudson-cast-in-public-morals/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nolte's character seems new and/or expanded from the original show, as the whole part about the boating was very minor. What confuses me is that report said 13 episodes, everywhere else it said 10 (ha). Read over the weekend that DT was going to use Skype for American speech lessons, thank goodness.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interview with John Goldwyn, the US executive producer about Gracepoint aka US Broadchurch. Safe to read for those who are spoiler free unless an actor photo wall is considered a spoiler.

http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/gracepoint-executive-producer-john-goldwyn-keeps-family-tradition-1.800094

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks I wasn't sure, so I wanted to be better safe than upset anyone.

Olivia Colman was on Graham Norton Saturday night in the US (earlier in the week in the UK) Idris Elba was also on, which is why I was watching... There was a comment by the host about how Ellie had to be the worst detective ever not knowing it was her husband. The other Broadchurch related comment was how David spoke/spent time with people in the police force.

Good question, as it is similar to what happens on stage. In some ways, it reminds me of when people are in a film version and a stage version of the same story. I do wonder how much the scripts have to be changed due to the differences in American speech and police procedure. That said DT has done a few different things since Broadchurch series one wrapped (the Dr Who 50th and Richard II to name two and I bet he is just going to be so glad to get rid of the hair extensions/plait), so at least it wasn't jumping from one version to the other.
Edited by blosslover, Jan 27 2014, 12:13 AM.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes it was played for laughs, and Lena Dunham was the third guest with Idris and Olivia. What was funny was she wondered how she could be on this show with such actors compared to her. Imagine a traditional late night talk show like the Tonight Show with musical guests and comedians etc...with a host that has more of a personality of an insult comic... Basically a ruder and British version of Jimmy Kimmel...and unlike some other chat shows the guests are interviewed together so they have cross chatter along with the questions.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
With Carson though everyone didn't come out at the same time, which is how Graham's show usually works. (That said not every episode is like that back in November for the Who 50th, Graham did a group interview with the other guests first, than Matt and David came out...the other guests didn't leave, but he focused more on them, which reminded me of the Carson format as the others went further down the couch.)

Getting back to Broadchurch, one of the producers tweeted that they won an award at the South Bank Sky Arts Awards today...To see the photos check out his account. https://twitter.com/RichardStokes7 They beat Top of the Lake and "The Fall" (which I've never heard of guess it hasn't made its way to the US.) Here is a news report. http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/south-bank-awards-broadchurch-monkeys-152037642.html

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks...that explains it if Netflix buried it.

EW has its first coverage about the US version, with an on set photo of Anna Gunn and DT...(this is in the Veronica Mars cover issue, that due to the weather hasn't shown up in my mail yet.)

http://nerd-utopia.tumblr.com/image/76538942298

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree this isn't the first time someone played a role in one production and then played it again in another. This is very common in theatre though not as much in television or movies. :D That being said this is a tad different than Low Winter Sun as there were many years after the original show aired and it was remade on AMC. Broadchurch is easily accessible if someone wants to watch it in the US (it actually won an award for being the best UK show when it came to international sales in 2013). In reality competition shows, this has happened though (someone involved in one version of a show also appearing in another within the same 12 month period) -- for example during the fall, Len and Bruno fly between California and the UK every week so they can judge both Strictly Come Dancing and Dancing with the Stars.

Getting back to Broadchurch, I wonder if where they filmed in the UK was hit severely by the flooding. It was supposed to be awful on some coastal towns...

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
more Broadchurch casting news: http://www.hypable.com/2014/05/13/broadchurch-season-2-cast-addition-charlotte-rampling/

Since I didn't watch Dexter I can't comment...but what are your thoughts about this...

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Reading a live blog of BAFTA for tv. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/baftas/10836261/TV-Baftas-2014-live.html There are no videos posted yet...

Broadchurch got 3 out of the 4 awards they were nominated for: best drama, best supporting for David Bradley and Olivia Colman got for lead actress. The only award they didn't win was the audience award which went to the 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Season two photo from the read through that happened on Thursday morning in London. The photo includes new cast members that weren't previously announced.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/broadchurch-season-two-rounds-out-cast-photo/

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The promo for season 2 is here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isToG5_U1Ug&feature=youtu.be (Jan 5) in the UK, no info for US airing yet. There was a mention elsewhere of tie in short stories 8 in total, so most likely 8 episodes.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The information posted originally was wrong. Broadchurch series 2 is only airing starting on March 4. I bet you all can guess that I'm peeved as I was annoyed by the February date, but then pushing it another month back is even more ridiculous. Having the wrong info out for a week makes them look idiotic. I guess they want people to watch in other ways, because the UK DVD is being released at the end of March, and the US audience won't even have seen the full show by then. Canadian viewers are getting Broadchurch within a week of the UK, so really it is going to take 2 months to edit. The only reason I can come up with beyond editing is they are going to be showing the last run of Ripper Street before then or something.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ha Ha Dax...basically spoilers will be nearly impossible for me to avoid unless I stay off tumblr and twitter for 2 months. (If I can access the Canadian broadcasts online, I'll use those probably as in a pinch I've done that when CBS preempted Y&R as the CBS player can be awful.)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Actually in theory, I would have to avoid everything related to any Broadchurch performer, director, writer etc. from Jan-end of the BBCAmerica run due to spoilers and also anyone I speak to that likes any person that is on that show who isn't waiting for the BBCAmerica run. So it wouldn't be just two months, but more and due to how social media works, even if I was watching BBCA version, tweeting or tumblring about it could make me spoiled if people are jerks and respond with spoilers. (I've seen that happen, someone will think they are helping and respond to tweets from people they don't know and share story lines...) If you only discuss Broadchurch here, it would be easy enough to stay spoiler free...as even if I plan to watch ahead I'll spoiler bar everything...

Send me a message...I can share how to access the Black Mirror Christmas Special...Cool about Jodie Whittaker being in that earlier episode.
Edited by blosslover, Dec 19 2014, 11:40 PM.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The part that didn't make sense from a legal standpoint was how the Latimers were looking for someone to prosecute Miller for the crown. This isn't how it is done in the UK...Also the fact that the two lawyers knew each other is somewhat problematic. Also I wonder the whole 3 hours to the court how could that be...but minor things...

I love that my side is the Fuck Waiting side...LOL too true.

Martha's Mom on Doctor Who was Ellie's therapist. LOL =)

For me Colman and Tennant just have it on the chemistry side, I'm not talking about romantic chemistry, but just their interplay is great. That was one of the main problems with Gracepoint, is that it is something that is there or not.

I do wonder if Joe's comment was about something more than just him being into children in that small town. That's a horrifying thought, but not impossible.

I'm going to watch again (of course). Digital Spy, which is my go to for comments on UK shows, had over 20 pages about the second series. Everyone who posts there seems to like the show though. =)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here is an article that EW did with the showrunner, which answers some of what has been discussed. (Since the third series hasn't been written this only has spoilers through everything we've seen.)

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/21/broadchurch-season-2-finale-interview

I liked the second series, but the first was one of my top ten in the last five years...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply