Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Top of the Lake
Topic Started: Mar 24 2013, 11:45 PM (440 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When I watched during the original airing, I missed much of the first hour. So, I re-watched the full two hours and enjoyed it more the second time around.

The scenes with GJ and her wacky crew were what I liked best about it. I appreciated that GJ was "out there" but she wasn't spouting the usual New Age bullshit. Loved how she responded to the father who wanted to leave his teenage daughter there with the group.

While I love Elizabeth Moss as Peggy Olson, she didn't do anything that WOW-ed me here. Part of it may be the accent. The actor playing the controlling father is intriguing, though.

The writer of one of the reviews I read had only positive things to say about the third hour, so I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm enjoying it, too. And feel the same about accents. There are times I haven't a clue what they're saying. Trying to watch each episode twice to get a full grasp on what's happening.

WOW, is this show beautiful to look at! Some of the scenery is breath-taking. Almost makes me want to get an HD tv.

Last week's episode was pretty good. I was surprised by how some of it played out, as I thought we might have to wait a few more episodes to learn more about Robin's rape. I was intrigued by the turn it took at the end of the episode.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are you watching it in HD, tgir? If so, I'm a bit jealous.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts about episode four from both of you.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It took me a few episodes to adjust to Moss here. I kept thinking of her as Peggy during the first two hours. She's quite a different character here, though, so that helped. Plus, her features look much softer here. She's beautiful in a way that I've not seen her as Peggy. Peggy is much more pointed and rigid, not that I'm complaining.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was a mini-series, so it's unlikely there will be more.

I enjoyed it. So beautiful to look at, and Moss was pretty great. She really grew on me in that role as it progressed. But I was disappointed in how they wrapped up the mystery surrounding Tui. I didn't really believe Matt was the father of Tui's baby. And I agree with those who think Al lied about that in order to cover up his involvement with the teens in the barista program. I just wished we'd gotten some follow-up to that after Robin found out what was going on in Al's basement.

Also didn't care for Robin finding out she was Johnno's half sibling only to have it redacted less than an hour later. Why even broach the subject of an incestual relationship if you're just going to make it go away in a few minutes?

The scene with Jamie sliding down that hill wearing Tui's coat was beautifully horrifying! WOW!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply